one time beauty queen

Barbie (July 2023) dir. Greta Gerwig

I really loved the movie! The aesthetics were gorgeous and the Barbieland made me feel so nostalgic for my childhood lol

I also liked that it didn't take itself too seriously and I feel like there aren't too many girl centered movies these days so this was just really refreshing and fun! Reminds me of the 90s/2000s era of movies like Clueless, Legally Blonde, and Mean Girls...Barbie definitely fits in there with them!

10/10 imo :true:

21 hours ago, Embach said:

Was the movie great?

not great, was okay, wasn’t anything special really, I felt like they were trying for like a mean girls/clueless level movie with some of the try hard one liners but it defo is far from anything like that, it’s pretty mid, worth watching but wouldnt be on my rewatch list 

edit: omg the post above me lmao we posted at the same time:omfg2:

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, 111 said:

i enjoyed the film but it doesn't need to be seen in the cinemas... drunk teen girls talking loudly, mothers of 13 year olds gasping whenever there's a sexual innuendo or swearing (at one point the word motherfucker was said censored and that SHOOK them), it is a packed movie so hard to get good seats and cinemas just became so overpriced... like 25 dollars for a ticket, popcorn and bottled water? :deadbanana: i was seated day 1 for MARGALLAH ROBBIE but there's no plot twist or anything to be spoiled about this movie to need an early watch, just enjoy it from the comfort of your home for free whenever you can xoxo

it was a fun movie; I'd say !SPOILER! Barbieland becoming a patriarchal society where the women are brainwashed servants & maids !SPOILER! was a little twisty or shocking, but I did get hints of that spoiled to me on Twitter and I saw it coming

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Just now, bambi eyes said:

im sorry but the realism in just the jokes in the movie were so accurate? like the thing about how men react when you tell them you've never seen the godfather seemed like real life

it sent me when they joked that the Kens are obsessed with Zack Snyder's Justice League :oic2: and it worked cuz it got all the Zack Snyder stans riled up on Twitter

eating pure vagina

2 hours ago, 111 said:

i enjoyed the film but it doesn't need to be seen in the cinemas... drunk teen girls talking loudly, mothers of 13 year olds gasping whenever there's a sexual innuendo or swearing (at one point the word motherfucker was said censored and that SHOOK them), it is a packed movie so hard to get good seats and cinemas just became so overpriced... like 25 dollars for a ticket, popcorn and bottled water? :deadbanana: i was seated day 1 for MARGALLAH ROBBIE but there's no plot twist or anything to be spoiled about this movie to need an early watch, just enjoy it from the comfort of your home for free whenever you can xoxo

Yep it’s daylight robbery what they charge these days! More than one reason to watch it at home.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

havent watched it but the soundtrack is dissapointing - Billie, tame Impala & Charli are the only artists who were listenable from that album

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10/10

I haven’t seen a movie in cinemas like this in years. It made me think, laugh, cry and sob. It might have some flaws but at the end I went home feeling way better about myself and made me reflect on who I really am, thank you Greta 💗 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

It was cute.. 

I was just a bit bored after the first half though when the plot kind of fell apart. It was enjoyable, especially the im just Ken scene. But expected a LOT more..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 hours ago, 111 said:

like 25 dollars for a ticket, popcorn and bottled water?

Wtf?! Did you go to Jesus’s personal cinema? My local movie theatre has those reclining seats, and with half-off-Tuesday’s it’s $10 for the regular cinema and $15 for the “VIP” cinema where you can order food/alcohol. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

ok just finished watching it and it's so much closer to what you would call a "cult movie" than your usual hollywood blockbuster i'm actually really shocked it has this MASSIVE following. it's closer to A24 than, let's say, super-hero franchises. never seen such a reception for an unconventional film like that. i quite enjoyed it! but i don't think it's everyone's cup of tea... i'm apparently wrong tho this movie is making numbers so i guess it is indeed everyone's cup of tea 

I liked this movie! But not enough to be like “oh I wish I dressed up for this”

Visually very fun. The plot was good until America Ferrera is at Weird Barbie’s place. Then I felt like it fell apart and didn’t tie neatly. Super touching ending though. 

Spoiler

I wouldn’t take Ken back and make him an equal after how he destroyed Barbieland. The Ken fight scene was cheesy to me. 

1 hour ago, Churchome Rep said:
  Hide contents

I wouldn’t take Ken back and make him an equal after how he destroyed Barbieland. The Ken fight scene was cheesy to me. 

Spoiler

to be fair, Barbie basically publicly said that she didn't love him or want to be with him & then ditched him in favor of becoming a human :oic2:

eating pure vagina

so good!!!! I did not expect it to love it that much :oprah: maybe because my expectations were low

very fun, laughed and cried a lot and it really was worth the hype imho. I was expecting an enchanted 2.0 and it's just not like that at all :true: 

margot robbie and ryan gosling were really the perfect choice! also so many attention to details it made me feel super nostalgic

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

missed a huge opportunity to use plastic doll by gaga

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole