fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

2 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

I see the world didn’t implode without blue jeans and white mustang on the set. I hope Lana saw that too

the world wouldn't implode without Summertime Sadness and Video Games, either.

She has a very good song catalog and it would be a shame if some songs never get played because others are repeated too often. Especially for Newport, she could have limited herself to her last four albums, which are quite folky.

I think she should do Carmen and some other from BTD instead of Summertime and Blue Jeans OH and Diet Mountain Dew. Wouldn’t mind title track out as well. Keep Video Games and Ride with the monologue bc it’s so so beautiful and the most iconic  :crai:

11 hours ago, longtimeman said:

This is a pretty good sounding version of a lot of the show

The audio on this recording is fantastic. Her voice is incredible. I can't believe so many people elsewhere were saying she's lost her voice ... where is the voice loss, where :wtf3: 

Hope is a dangerous thing never fails to make me cry and this performance was really something special, wow 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Omg I can't wait to get high after work and watch the whole thing

From all the clips I saw, this seemed like an incredible show. Truly outstanding and I congratulate Lana for adapting to the festival's theme. My only complaint would be that the setlist was so short! She could've done 2 more songs.

Love the choreo but if she keeps doing it they should work on the outro a little, the execution of being sent away on a bedsheet pulled by four men looks kinda silly, maybe they should get some kind of stretcher next time? Or is it just me?

So did Jack and the crowd get her to do MAC, spontaneously? 

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

11 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

she should change summertime for radio since it's going viral... something for the tik tok kids

Tiktok kids had enough songs sorry

url%5D

5 minutes ago, TexasTraveler said:

didn't look like it was spontaneous, they probably rehearsed

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, TexasTraveler said:

It must've been half spontaneous if it wasn't on the printed setlist. But I'm so confused if the original plan was to bring him out to just play piano for a cover when he's had such a hand in like a third of her discography at this point 

26 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

she should change summertime for radio since it's going viral... something for the tik tok kids

I like the new version of Summertime Sadness but I'd be thrilled to see Radio instead of Blue Jeans and/or Born To Die moving forward.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Omg I can't wait to get high after work and watch the whole thing

From all the clips I saw, this seemed like an incredible show. Truly outstanding and I congratulate Lana for adapting to the festival's theme. My only complaint would be that the setlist was so short! She could've done 2 more songs.

for k pt 2 and yosemite :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 hours ago, Elle said:

She was introducing her team - “Can we give it up for Porctia, Peaches, and Jazzy? My amazing band, obviously, Blake Stranathan, we’ve got Byron, we’ve got Charlie and Coco. My gorgeous dancers.”

i couldn't tell :thumb3:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole