Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Manifesting something like this in terms of lyricality, production and sample usage

i can't see lana sing that :lolno:

I'm so conflicted with what I want Lana to do next on LDRX, specially with Ocean as the starting reference since it had so many different elements :icant:

I love the experimental side of Ocean Blvd, even the upbeat songs were crazy (Peppers is a mess of sounds in a good way) and I'd love to hear Zodiac (and other "chaotic" songs like that) on the next record but I also love the crystal clear vocals and "tidy" production of her earlier work and the last album piano samples and orchestral tracks :um2:

I wonder if we're getting a mix of all that in the next album(s) too since it seems what's most natural for Lana lately, just write and produce around the mood of the song instead of having a whole album in mind (while still having somewhat cohesive records at least thematically)

giphy.gif

I see the LDRX pre pre release thread is still alive & breathing :trisha:

Zodia track 2:pussypower:

Also tonight I got a vision she put a finalized version of Crazy For You on the album or maybe on the unreleased album 

Manifesting some electric guitar, not in the sense of wanting an UV 2.0 but an electric guitar riff never hurt no one, that's why it's alright :mj2:

The delusions still going strong :dorothy4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Need Cry Kill Die baddie vibes for LDR10 :oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Listening to Tori Amos’ “Abnormally Attracted to Sin” album, and I would most definitely die if Lanita cooked anything in the vein of it. Magical, transgressive, hazy… :godlaugh:

9 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Need Cry Kill Die baddie vibes for LDR10 :oprah3:

Indeed! It’s kinda insane how incredible pop-ish hits (or at least songs that could have been hits) she left on the cutting room floor: Cry Kill Die, Serene Queen, Queen of Disaster, etc.

No songs that sound a great deal like previously released songs.

I know I am in the minority, but 4/5ths of OB didn't work for me, and I don't care at all for most of the production. OB has been the first LDR album that made me feel almost tired of her—for the first time EVER. 

Nonetheless, I will accept whatever she does next, and if I don't care for it, that's on me. 

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I know I am in the minority, but 4/5ths of OB didn't work for me, and I don't care at all for most of the production. OB has been the first LDR album that made me feel almost tired of her—for the first time EVER. 

Nonetheless, I will accept whatever she does next, and if I don't care for it, that's on me. 

Vertimus you and I think a lot alike, you are not alone!

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

That's how i felt about Blue Banisters. Thought she winged the whole record. But OB - minus a few tracks that could have been cut - was a welcome return to form. Songs like Ocean Boulevard will only appreciate with time, and age like fine wine.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Indeed! It’s kinda insane how incredible pop-ish hits (or at least songs that could have been hits) she left on the cutting room floor: Cry Kill Die, Serene Queen, Queen of Disaster, etc.

serial killer, hollywood, ridin', driving in the cars with boys, red ridin' hood, etc etc. 

basically, lana unreleased is a whole other artist in itself that could end in another 10 records. And we havent even heard everything she's got

she's a tour de forcr

8 hours ago, lili said:

Listening to Tori Amos’ “Abnormally Attracted to Sin” album, and I would most definitely die if Lanita cooked anything in the vein of it. Magical, transgressive, hazy… :godlaugh:

Imagine a track like Give ...  that would be such a serve!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On one hand I want LDRX to be something special, something that would cement her as one of the most influential artists in the 21st century music industry, but on the other hand I want LDRX to be an experimental album where she explores all of the music genres (kinda like her first few albums where she was just trying stuff out), just so we can see what she's capable of pulling off.

Also I want a song of similar nature to Another lonely day / Playground.

I don't think that someone could describe my inner opinions about unreleased lana songs so accurately as this:

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

basically, lana unreleased is a whole other artist in itself that could end in another 10 records. And we havent even heard everything she's got

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame