Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

19 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

i want lfl mixed with aka 2.0 , i want americana and i want hip pop PLEASE

we all want cancelled lfl b sides album with god bless america vibes that’s so true …

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 11/24/2023 at 3:28 PM, ivory almond said:

i definitely see LDR 10 being a summer 2024 release, but I think we should get American Standards & Classics before then too

summer 2024 release when it’s complete silence rn? unless she does a surprise drop, it’s unlikely. i’m thinking last quarter of 2024 or early 2025. 

and who knows if that american standards album is actually happening :air:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

29 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

i want lfl mixed with aka 2.0 , i want americana and i want hip pop PLEASE

I want an album which contains every genre in the world

url%5D

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

summer 2024 release when it’s complete silence rn? unless she does a surprise drop, it’s unlikely. i’m thinking last quarter of 2024 or early 2025. 

and who knows if that american standards album is actually happening :air:

i mean OB was finally revealed december 6th and got fully released under 4 months later
she still has all of december, january, february, and even march; if we hear nothing by march, then it probably won't be released in the summer

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

26 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

we all want cancelled lfl b sides album with god bless america vibes that’s so true …

:pray2:

didn’t her band imply she wanted to tour again when outdoor venues reopened? as in spring/summer 2024 so i feel like she’s “milking”ocean blvd and definitely not planning LDR10 for this summer if thats the case. i feel like it’ll be nothing till 2025

11 hours ago, WaitForLife said:

That would be her Most hated Album to Date.

Maybe for some but definitely not for me :creepna3:

url%5D

I keep thinking if she does do an unreleased album, I feel like it would be a double album and the second part would be the standards&classics/covers

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

On 8/19/2023 at 10:45 AM, Nightcall said:

The “take me home country roads” snippet haunts me because we’ll probably never get the full song. 

:aw:

Did You Know … is a beautiful but intense album — like having a therapy session on a Californian beach. But what comes next for her? I’m tired now,” Del Rey admits. “So keeping it simple is probably the way that it’s going to go. I dug around a lot writing this [album] and don’t think I have to go there again.” As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Let the Light In said:

Did You Know … is a beautiful but intense album — like having a therapy session on a Californian beach. But what comes next for her? I’m tired now,” Del Rey admits. “So keeping it simple is probably the way that it’s going to go. I dug around a lot writing this [album] and don’t think I have to go there again.” As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show.

I don’t understand what an album of standards mean, help 

Tumblr

14 hours ago, mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime said:

I don’t understand what an album of standards mean, help 

I think it just means simpler, modern classic sounding songs. Like Let The Light In, Say Yes to Heaven, etc. Less stream-of-consciousness lyrics about her family and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

I think it just means simpler, modern classic sounding songs. Like Let The Light In, Say Yes to Heaven, etc. Less stream-of-consciousness lyrics about her family and whatnot.

No, it means something else:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_(music)

especially

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

Lana is tired and she has earned the right to fade into the backgroad and make less ambitious, simple boomer music. She's had a good run; now it's time for Billie Eilish, Phoebe Bridgers and others to take over.

giphy.gif