Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I really hope her next album will have no features :keyboard:

I also prefer solo Lana but the collabs on Ocean Blvd were really good so I'm kinda not against features anymore :um2:

For example I'd love for her to work with SYML and RIOPY again but on original tracks this time. I wonder if she would credit them as features of just as producers even if they would just play the instruments since they are recording artists with labels and all that.

giphy.gif

As much of a local opinion this may be I really want some more emile haynie production. He was just top tier.

i have a good feeling LDRX is gonna be her best, maybe even sampling old songs

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

unless the (singing) feature is stevie nicks it can go away tbh 

18 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

For example I'd love for her to work with SYML and RIOPY again but on original tracks this time. I wonder if she would credit them as features of just as producers even if they would just play the instruments since they are recording artists with labels and all that.

but this. this sounds magnificent 

giphy.gif

a question for the culture, would you count a Nikki collab album as LDR10 or not?

I’m really not sure myself… I might as long as Lana has songwriting credits in most of the tracks, but I can definitely see an argument for no 

in any case the numbering of her albums is so disputed already that this would just be the final cherry on top lmao, I can already imagine the arguments 

9 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

a question for the culture, would you count a Nikki collab album as LDR10 or not?

I’m really not sure myself… I might as long as Lana has songwriting credits in most of the tracks, but I can definitely see an argument for no 

in any case the numbering of her albums is so disputed already that this would just be the final cherry on top lmao, I can already imagine the arguments 

Even if it came out before her next album I still think her solo one would be considered LDR10

that could be like LDR9X :bebe:

giphy.gif

imagine if she sampled one of her own BTD tracks... it'd be iconic :sadcore5:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

If she samples BTD songs we need Radio to be sampled somehow, or maybe National Anthem in a song about how America is fucked or whatever or the American dream is bullshit, etc etc something where there’s like a dissonance between the OG song being sampled and whatever she’s singing about now

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk I wouldn’t mind features as long as they actually compliment the songs. On Ocean, literally every feature felt well done and made every song better but not you Margaret

REAL. Jon batiste interlude ate, the piano samples ate, Peppers ate, LTLI ate, even that stupid pastor’s sermon has more replay

ability than Margaret for me akskdkskssk :toofunny:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

13 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Off To The Races sample will fuck the culture up

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, twinkletoes7 said:

that could be like LDR9X :bebe:

LDR9+1

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

27 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

id love if she sampled literally anything she's sang and brought it in a random direction other than that psychedelic trap vibe (I LOVE THAT BTW. no hate!). like a rock version of change that's more aggressive and would completely change the vibe of the song :daydream:. but I don't see how that would be cohesive with anything shed be doing it would be so out of place lol. but she can be unpredictable so maybe!

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk I wouldn’t mind features as long as they actually compliment the songs. On Ocean, literally every feature felt well done and made every song better but not you Margaret

For me, Margaret is not bad but the Bleacher's touch in that song is too strong for me :lel:

url%5D

she should give world music album alluding to her ethnicity. album inspired by her American-Spanish-Scottish-Latin-Midwest-Japanese-Italian-French ethnicity would be beautiful:dance4:

If it wasn't for the white woman line, Grandfather would be more appreciated. 

And no more samples please. Ocean Blvd was her paying a homage to her past sounds, this new album needs to be its own thing.

4 hours ago, williamprb said:

As much of a local opinion this may be I really want some more emile haynie production. He was just top tier.

i have a good feeling LDRX is gonna be her best, maybe even sampling old songs

2 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

she's really good with sampling herself. i wouldn't mind if  LDR10 ended up begin big comeback to her previous albums and closing some chapter. Ocean blvd and Candy Necklace video already did that in some way.

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

And no more samples please. Ocean Blvd was her paying a homage to her past sounds, this new album needs to be its own thing.

now i look stupid:ponder:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

12 minutes ago, Jared said:

I love Grandfather, the build up is heavenly. But that line does take me out of the "zone" a bit, it's almost distracting. 

25 minutes ago, Asserina said:

I'm manifesting more epic bridges. I need another Heroin/The Blackest Day bridge moment

Yes please! Also shoutout to Terrence Loves You for the spot of Lana's best bridges ... I'd love something really ethereal like that again

2 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I agree! The SYML and Riopy features were stunning and still felt so Lana. Jon Batiste on Candy Necklace is insanely good. Tommy Genesis brought the :dance4: And I'll never turn down Lana and Father John Misty, their musical sounds and voices just complement each other so well. Ocean Blvd had my favourite features of any of her albums so far, because they were kind of "understated" and really flowed with the album. Having said that, I do love Lana without any features so I'm happy with either way she goes :daydream:

17 hours ago, ivory almond said:

when the next album is just behind the iron gates audiobook since she considers violets a record :oprah4:

I would actually love this :hide: I neeeeeeeeed behind the iron gates 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide