barttttender

The most WTF moments of LDR's career in your opinion

Like, wrong decisons, stuff she's said, wrong choices?

I'll start:

1. Not making a hot video with ASAP Rocky for Summer Bummer or even double video with Groupie Love. Instead, we get a White Mustang video? WTF!

2. Not releasing Wild at Heart as the first single off Chemtrails with a high-budget video ala Ride, featuring porches, driving around the mid-West, hot boys, and that sweet, sweet Americana. WTF

3. Releasing Freak as a single and making a video for it. Huh? What. Who asked for it? Art Deco would have been a much more logical choice. Or, even better, Hollywood, had she put it on the record like she should have (another WTF)

4. Releasing Let Me Love You Like a Woman as the first single. LOL. What was she thinking? And that video...... 

5. Adding a shit ton of reverb to her vocals on the gorgeous Tomorrow Never Came and practically ruining the song with it

6. The shit, 90s style video for White Dress. That song deserved so much better

7. Text Book as the opening track on BB. Blue Banisters would have been so much better, and followed her 1-2-1-2 pattern.

Those are the top ones for me. My biggest pet peeves. What are yours?

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

2. Not releasing Wild at Heart as the first single off Chemtrails with a high-budget video ala Ride, featuring porches, driving around the mid-West, hot boys, and that sweet, sweet Americana. WTF

Chemtrails video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

3. Releasing Freak as a single and making a video for it. Huh? What. Who asked for it? Art Deco would have been a much more logical choice.

Freak was actually a fan favorite when honeymoon was released so I would say that wasn't wrong

This BIH 

786.png

…what was even more WTF about this post is how exaggerated people’s reactions were to this, calling Lana racist or saying she ruined her career like LOL 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

18 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

This BIH 

786.png

…what was even more WTF about this post is how exaggerated people’s reactions were to this, calling Lana racist or saying she ruined her career like LOL 

I hate re-reading this because it sounds so fair and right. Poor Lana deserved NO hate and there was way too much. 
Like it really was the first time she defended herself so publicly for always having her words and intentions twisted and that was exactly how they treated her again. I’d have lost my mind

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Like, wrong decisons, stuff she's said, wrong choices?

I'll start:

1. Not making a hot video with ASAP Rocky for Summer Bummer or even double video with Groupie Love. Instead, we get a White Mustang video? WTF!

3. Releasing Freak as a single and making a video for it. Huh? What. Who asked for it? Art Deco would have been a much more logical choice.

4. Releasing Let Me Love You Like a Woman as the first single. LOL. What was she thinking? And that video...... 

5. Adding a shit ton of reverb to her vocals on the gorgeous Tomorrow Never Came and practically ruining the song with it

6. The shit, 90s style video for White Dress. That song deserved so much better

7. Text Book as the opening track on BB. Blue Banisters would have been so much better, and followed her 1-2-1-2 pattern.

Those are the top ones for me. My biggest pet peeves. What are yours?

Freak is one of her best songs for many fans still- wtf.

Art Deco is a bit slow for a single tbh.

26 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

This BIH 

786.png

This should have stayed in the drafts 😭 it wasn’t well articulated 

19 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

This BIH 

786.png

i think also to consider with peoples reactions when this happened was this was posted around george floyds death (if my memory serves me right a few days before his death) so there was already tension in regards to race at the time which definitely made it worse imo. 

that and lana continuing to bring in other artists names like fka twigs after the whole thing blew up when her directly naming other female artists that were on the billboard chart at the time that just happened to be mostly WOC is what caused the issue..and not really acknowledging the name aspect and mostly focused on her being called racist (which i don’t blame her for wanting to defend herself either).

anyway the whole thing was just goofy and messy. :toofunny:
and idk the way people say she only brought up POC artists when ariana is there never fails to make me chuckle cuz.. its so exaggerated and i can’t tell if they just want something to be extra angry about or if they were a little confused on whether or not ariana was a POC cause of her deep love for tanning at the time. :toofloppy:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif