Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana performing at Robert’s Western World in Nashville, Tennessee - September 3rd, 2023

Last night, Lana Del Rey performed Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette while at Robert’s Western World in Nashville, Tennessee.

2183-D36-B-D276-41-D7-8441-BBB9465-FF7-F3

A post shared by LanaBoards (@lanaboards)

A post shared by LanaBoards (@lanaboards)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Oh we are getting that country album with a cover of Stand By Your Man as the closer:true:

She looks amazing 

need the country album SO bad... the country roads cover would eat that snippet was so good :crying4:

Just now, Theomo said:

did she say 'but if you love him, you won't forgive him'? :defeated:

that's what it sounded like to me...

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

I'm so intrigued by the Tammy Wynette / Stand By Your Man references progression. First reference was in Breaking Up Slowly with "I don't wanna live a life of regret / I don't wanna end up like Tammy Wynette," which I think was her saying she doesn't want to have to settle for and stand by a man who isn't enough for her (in contrast to Norman Fucking Rockwell). Add in this past month of her singing Stand By Your Man, seemingly genuinely, where at one show she said "Hey sometimes you just have to," but then she switches it up last night saying "but if you love him, you won't forgive him."

.~~* i never meant to hurt you baby, it's so hard to be good, in this world where you do what you know you shouldn't *~~.

she is so great when performing in smaller venues than in big stadiums / arenas

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

39 minutes ago, cominguplavender said:

I'm so intrigued by the Tammy Wynette / Stand By Your Man references progression. First reference was in Breaking Up Slowly with "I don't wanna live a life of regret / I don't wanna end up like Tammy Wynette," which I think was her saying she doesn't want to have to settle for and stand by a man who isn't enough for her (in contrast to Norman Fucking Rockwell). Add in this past month of her singing Stand By Your Man, seemingly genuinely, where at one show she said "Hey sometimes you just have to," but then she switches it up last night saying "but if you love him, you won't forgive him."

I’m so intrigued too:defeated: