BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

I'm sure that she meant well and doesn't grasp the full reality of the situation. Definitely disappointing to see and I hope she learns more, but I won't hold it against her for now. My mom and a lot of other people I love would have certainly signed the same thing thinking it was the right thing to do, but I have been doing what I can these past few weeks to learn and share that information with others. 

6 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Yes I was replying to another person and the comparison of each situation they made. Washakie signed the 1868 Treaty of Fort Bridger, he successfully claimed the Wind River Reservation for the Eastern Shoshones. What are you claiming, that more of Wyoming should be a reservation?

I just don’t think we can compare Palestinians to Native Americans. It’s a little different, given that both groups of people have historical and religious ties to the region. And it paints an image of simplicity over this situation, which requires a level of nuance we are not accustomed to as a society. The real first step in the process of moving forward as a society is addressing situations at the SOURCE of the issue. The source here is a far right wing leader who helped cultivate and mobilize a radical political group inside Gaza to undermine the PLO’s authority, and then when that monster he created became uncontrollable, their answer was to lay waste to the entire city. What’s different here as well is the United States’ blind support for Israel, leading to a worldwide dismissal of their own atrocities.War is a crime.

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

I know she has good intentions but it aggravates me so much when celebrities take a stance on something they don’t know shit about

well atleast Lana just called for peace…. Let’s go be mad at MARINA and her dumb ass statement instead!!! :true:

9 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Yes I was replying to another person and the comparison of each situation they made. Washakie signed the 1868 Treaty of Fort Bridger, he successfully claimed the Wind River Reservation for the Eastern Shoshones. What are you claiming, that more of Wyoming should be a reservation?

That most reservation land in the U.S. is desolate land. It’s the same in the Dakotas. Sure, they have chunks of land on reservations, but it’s like the leftover scraps. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

16 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Damn….some of the comments in this thread about Lana are weird.

im free Palestine every day but you have to realize that Lana cannot end the Illegal occupation by Israel on her own. We cannot make assumptions about why or how she signed it. So many of us have been fans of Lana for over a decade and we know that at her core, she is kind and generous and full of love and selflessness. She really has never given us a reason or acted in a way to think otherwise. Redirect your anger to the right places and let's focus on what really matters. 

yeah but you also have to remember that she has thousands of young uneducated fans, she’s doing more harm than good. some find the need to criticise her here as she should be, because she’s not perfect and this was fucking stupid on her behalf. she legit put out a song about hating america a few years ago and now she’s thanking our president for funding the deaths of fucking kids? i do hope her intentions are good but knowing her she can’t keep her mouth shut and will record a 4 minute vlog on why she support israel - and if she does y’all can have an auction on my lana vinyl collection 

At least the letter separates the idea of Palestinians and Hamas. And also makes note of the many hostages who AREN’T from America.  I just think there are worse  ways to word this. It’s not even that bad of a take. But it is definitely performative..

4 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

At least the letter separates the idea of Palestinians and Hamas. And also makes note of the many hostages who AREN’T from America.  I just think there are worse  ways to word this. It’s not even that bad of a take. But it is definitely performative..

There’s really no way to address this conflict that’s not going to piss off huge swaths of people or potentially cause more violence. 
(I’m also agreeing that it’s definitely not the best letter, but not as earth shattering and some suggest)

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

11 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i do hope her intentions are good but knowing her she can’t keep her mouth shut and will record a 4 minute vlog on why she support israel - and if she does y’all can have an auction on my lana vinyl collection 

now let’s not speak things into existence :awkney2:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

21 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

well atleast Lana just called for peace…. Let’s go be mad at MARINA and her dumb ass statement instead!!! :true:

Yeah that “without zionism I wouldn’t be alive” statement she was sharing around was Bad. At least she’s somewhat backtracking now and actively showing support for Palestine (although probs performative like much of her activism since it started after backlash). 

qfrWuBl.png

On 10/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, Three White Butterflies said:

Damn….some of the comments in this thread about Lana are weird.

im free Palestine every day but you have to realize that Lana cannot end the Illegal occupation by Israel on her own. We cannot make assumptions about why or how she signed it. So many of us have been fans of Lana for over a decade and we know that at her core, she is kind and generous and full of love and selflessness. She really has never given us a reason or acted in a way to think otherwise. Redirect your anger to the right places and let's focus on what really matters. 

This and also I get there is false information in that letter but what major impact could it have anyway… id fully ignore it if Lana’s name wasn’t on it bc I do not care to read celebrities opinions since they’re normal people and I don’t expect them to be fully informed. If anyone’s influenced by a celebrity mere political opinion that must be a real empty person that can’t formulate their own.

23 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

yeah but you also have to remember that she has thousands of young uneducated fans, she’s doing more harm than good. some find the need to criticise her here as she should be, because she’s not perfect and this was fucking stupid on her behalf. she legit put out a song about hating america a few years ago and now she’s thanking our president for funding the deaths of fucking kids? i do hope her intentions are good but knowing her she can’t keep her mouth shut and will record a 4 minute vlog on why she support israel - and if she does y’all can have an auction on my lana vinyl collection 

what song did she put out about hating America because I’ve never heard it and I’ve literally heard every Lana Del Rey song. The problem with younger generations is they rely on celebrities and influencers for information. It’s really important to be responsible and informed and conduct your own research, find reputable sources, and read historically accurate books in order to understand what’s happening around us and why. Putting all of that weight on a celebrity is extremely irresponsible they are entertainers and artists not international diplomats brokering war resolutions and hostages. 

faSE.gif

This is very disappointing...especially after she had previously canceled a show in Isreal because she couldn't also have a show for Palestinians during La to the Moon

I think most celebrities just have no idea whats actually going on and share the first things they see thats trending online to be performative but this whole letter is just embarrassing :stareney3:

14 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think most celebrities just have no idea whats actually going on and share the first things they see thats trending online to be performative but this whole letter is just embarrassing 

it's even more embarrassing imo because this can't be the first thing she's seen, I was fully expecting her to post some uninformed bandwagon take in the first days of this and thought we were in the clear when she didn't say anything

but now it's literally been more than two weeks since the current phase of the conflict started and at this point she should have seen enough information online to know better than to sign this dumb letter

This is embarrassing. I’m sure she had good intentions but she definitely should’ve taken some time to do some research before she signed onto this. It almost seems like she learned nothing from QFTC. Sometimes it’s best to say nothing at all if you don’t know what you’re talking about