Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Living for the fact that she cant be bothered to promote.

Β 

That's the fair amount of attention awards and accolades deserve from artists actually, especially if they are already consolidated and dont objectively need them.

ughh god I’m so stressed abt this can it be over already…. I want Ocean Blvd AOTY so badly but I know it won’t happen but still……… there’s a war in my mind

Β 

Β 

Something I find very interesting about this year is that it seems like everything was conspiring for Lana to get more recognition/win her first Grammys.Β 

the collaboration with Jon Batiste (Grammy Darling) the collaboration on Taylor's Midnights, the way Tayor has spoken on different occasions about Lana, the visionary award, the success of Ocean Blvd, SYTH going viral on TIKTOK, among other events... this has been her year.Β 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Lana didn't play a role at this year's Billboard Music Awards, which probably reduces her chances of winning a Grammy in the main categories

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/2023-billboard-music-awards-bbmas-winners-list-1235491435/

They’re irrelevant me thinks. Have Jon or even KacyΒ Musgraves ever won anything at BMA? (Grammy AOTY holders).Β 

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Marius said:

They’re irrelevant me thinks. Have Jon or even KacyΒ Musgraves ever won anything at BMA? (Grammy AOTY holders).Β 

there are always a few exceptions, but at the end of the day, I think it's just a music industry award

On 11/26/2023 at 5:44 AM, bluechemtrails said:

there are always a few exceptions, but at the end of the day, I think it's just a music industry award

β€œmusic industry award” :rip:

It’s a popularity contest based on Billboard chart points. And it’s completely irrelevant now.

Β 

The Grammys is the β€œmusic industry award” as it’s peer-voted by singers, songwriters, and producers currently working in the industry based on quality and disregarding sales. At least that’s what it's supposed to be based on its guidelines. Obv the voters themselves can be biased and swayed towards high-charting songs and albums. It’s not perfect, but at least the rules say quality over charts.

1 minute ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

so herΒ next performance will be Candy Necklace with Jon Batistes at the Grammys.Β :um2:

I need this, she sings Candy Necklace perfectly. Imagine just her in a black dress, with John on the piano and the dark visuals behind them :seeit:

I think she's taking Alt Performance. Only song in Alt Performance also nominated for SOTY, andΒ Pitchfork, The Guardian, and NME ranked it #1 out of 2023 songs, so there's industry support.Β 
Β