Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

4 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Taylor Swift is a Government Plant! 

This is an actual conspiracy theory in some not so small circles :flop:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Tbh I’m angry and pissed at the grammys, but most of all I’m so sad for Lana. I mean, Ocean Blvd really felt like THE album, imo it’s really the best out of the bunch. I won’t rant on taylor, boygenius or billie; but I’m really heartbroken 😭 

Just now, Churchome Rep said:

let’s say that the grammys didn’t change the rules about featured artists on albums. i still think lana getting her first grammy through midnights/snow on the beach would feel unsatisfying for us

I would think it'd be pretty damn funny and ironic :shrug:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

While she didn’t win a Grammy, can we just acknowledge how amazing it is that a song like A&W got nominated? The rawness in the first half juxtaposed by the trap beats at the end is just groundbreaking. It really ushered in a new way of song creation in 2023. It should’ve won at least one award but something as fresh and nuanced being nominated makes me so happy :wubna:

hyz6.gif

Just now, Churchome Rep said:

let’s say that the grammys didn’t change the rules about featured artists on albums. i still think lana getting her first grammy through midnights/snow on the beach would feel unsatisfying for us

Yup. That first cut of that song was almost as big of a stab in the back as the way things went down tonight 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

3 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

idk 1 grammy seems better than 0 🤷‍♀️

I’m exhausted:noparty: from the insane Lana snub to the Taylor backlash I wish this never even happened in the first place…

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

They feature entire performances by Travis Scott, who gleefully headlined a show that ended up with people dead...... how can we take a show like that seriously. He hardly even reacted sadly because of it when it happened.

Sure, accidents happen. But why did they FEATURE him so shortly after? No memorial, no remembrance.... poor taste. 

And then they throw awards at bland Taylor Swift who is a musical moron....

this

-However, I voted for Midnights.

Although I did not enjoy it much compared to Taylor's previous work, she has been the inescapable face of music so how can I deny her music's biggest award? | haven't taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will.-

quote and the fact midnights won makes me really think there are 90% of the same minded laymen among the grammy voters IM SUING SO HARD i love taylor so much but she wasn’t the strongest with her album in her discography and the past year let’s be honest!!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Thinking about how the music industry is concentrated in such a small circle. Who were grammy winners/nominees in the last five years? Who pops up when you turn the radio on? Always the same names. All generic poorly elaborated music. Very low quality and more of the same shit. 

Fame and popularity don’t mean quality at all.
Lana is not comercial, her songs are not simple, they don’t just pop on the radio. She’s much more about quality and less about popularity.And I hope she keeps as low profile as possible. 

It really bothers me to know that her fans in the last few years got to know her by tik tok coquette bullshit and featuring with Taylor on a basic bad song. 

11 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Lets be honest. They hate Lana cause she's feminine, questions the culture, isn't ratchet, and isn't woke. It's an attack on femininity and ALSO an attack on genuinely smart, well done music. 

are you serious..