Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

i’m really so heartbroken tonight. obviously its just an award and it’s not that important at the end of the day and i’m also happy for taylor as i do really like her music and even went to the eras tour. but when is the industry going to take lana del rey seriously? she paved the way for so many artists and young creatives today. without her, the music industry wouldnt be the same without her. its just so hard to watch her work her ass off only to get none of the recognition that she so clearly deserves. maybe its insane of me to care this much, but i don’t care. lana birthed a whole generation of artists who constantly praise her and credit her as their biggest inspiration, so why do the floating heads behind the curtain continuously refuse to take her seriously? i don’t know. i’m just really sad.

giphy.gif

Started streaming Ocean Blvd in solidarity but I actually can’t listen to it without crying. This is so much worse than 2019. 

Can't wait for the thousands of youtube videos and articles calling the Grammys ain't no shit. :flutter: But seeing her getting snubbed for a whole decade, I can only hope she don't turn bitter like Nicki. Qftc was the first strike. She better not divert her frustrations to anywhere but her music. 

i really thought that this year she would probably win at least one due to the change of public perception towards her..

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Lana needs to make more commercial music. I think she’ll win by doing so. At the end of the day, the songs need to appeal to the most people voting in order to win. It’s not a “popularity contest” but it’s still sort of.

Either that or just stop submitting her music like The Weeknd and Drake.

they can't let her win bc they don't understand her. 
if they don't understand her it makes them look like fools. 
even if they ARE fools at least they won't look like fools but they are. 

deep down they know they're losing relevancy. 
they say it's for the music but they've been tone deaf for how long now so who's convincing who of what. 
and imagine not listening to Lana Del Rey. 

she's like the embodiment of a classy yassification pill in music like come on. 

7YglpW4.gif

all the more reason not to feel anything or associate with what the show barely pretends to stand for. pls-

UV/Honeymoon

58 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

i really thought that this year she would probably win at least one due to the change of the public perception towards her..

The public isn’t the one voting. Candy Necklace won the Alt award at the VMAs because of public voting.

28 minutes ago, details said:

since taylor won the album of the year isn't lana a grammy winner as well for writing and singing on snow on the beach? 

No because that would be like TS throwing her a bone, this would be super lame tbh

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i personally think SOS should’ve won but OB was a close second

this is so sad, lana deserves at least 1 fucking grammy 

I just can't believe they didn't give her Best Alt album. What a fucking joke. 

21 minutes ago, Girl in Bel Air said:

They just changed the rules, which disqualified her. I hate them so much.

Well actually she's getting a plaque or a certificate of the sort mailed to her... the disrespect I- 

I just watched the moment Taylor won AOTY and it's horrible Lana was so uncomfortable, she didn't want to go on stage at all and well, I can see why it's so humiliating. Even tho Taylor shouted out to her it's giving major CEO thanking her secretary vibes I'm so over it. I'm truly gagged but oh well.  

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

I just can't believe they didn't give her Best Alt album. What a fucking joke. 

Yup. OB may not be perfect, but in terms of alternative music, it’s about as diverse as you can get, lyrically, musically and thematically in that genre.

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

honestly what hurts the most is that she lost the "easier" categories. aoty and soty are always super tricky if you're not in the top 5 of the charts and playing on the radio all the time. being snubbed even in her own lane is just a slap in the face. like they could'nt even give her best pop duo with the jon batiste cred. insanity

it's already 3:12 am here and I'm unable to sleep, eating my sad cake :cat:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Oh god I just watched Taylor winning that award and dragging Lana on that stage, honestly you can feel the embarrassment and sadness for Lana I honestly want to cry for her, they should’ve just let her stay sat down, not stand in the back, highlighting once again how shell never be accepted by the Grammys 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues