Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

To clarify, I don't hate Boygenius and Paramore. But I hate the people who voted for them :pft2:

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Ok, you should stop dragging Taylor. She def didn't want anything bad by bringing Lana on stage.
It was actually a lil bit funny to me cause I can relate as introvert.:flop:

same

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

She should bring the Lasso release date forward to keep her foot on the Grammys’ neck. I know I know it should be “fuck the Grammys, she shouldn’t submit!!” But I think with the trajectory she’s on, she should keep going because she will eventually be drowning in all the accolades. 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

can’t even tell how much i’m happy she announced country album before the ceremony…. giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7t3z06i6q5k4xfrzguwor all people would’ve attributed the genre switch to her “meltdown and hysteria”… nice move mamita

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I don’t know if it’s because I had like 3 hours of sleep or what but I’m still gutted over this. I know it’s just an award show, but I really had such a good feeling about it since the nominations were announced. It just sucks 

giphy.gif  

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean in fairness, don't hang out with the biggest artist on the planet rn and expect to not have maximum exposure at the Grammys :oopna2:

If I wanted to just sit in the corner quietly, I wouldn't turn up with Taylor fkn Swift

I'm not blaming Lana at all; I'm just saying it comes with the territory and I'm sure she expected to have the camera on her a lot given her company. And most of all, I think she was really happy for Taylor.

She wasn't " hanging out " with TS , the show organizers put them together.

I actually thought she was going with her dad tbh 

23 minutes ago, Topanga said:

and what am I seeing about she lost the grammy because of snl:trisha2: excuse me. words cannot describe how livid I am 

some people just lack certain things in their brain if that really is true. would be a weird bias to have over a single performance and associate it w the rest of their career.

besides that performance was iconic. notorious by some of the general public (perhaps) BUT iconic! the look, the vocals, the everything! it’s why we have this gif: :twirls:

where would lanaboards be without it??

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

Yeah, agreed + Lana was one of the contributors of the album too!

At least Tortured Poets and Lasso don't have to compete at the Grammy again since Tortured Poets is in the 2023/2024 Grammy season and Lasso 2024/2025 season :bebe:

a September release should normally count for 2023/24, if they don't shorten the period like this year... could also depend on if Lasso is released in the beginning or end of September 

Toilet Sniff, you won't get away with this

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I am so mad stayed up all night hoping she will at least get soty but that billie girl robbed her again, one of the most overated artists ever, also i wouldnt be so mad about the aoty snub if sos won, but MID nights? This award show is a joke i am livid, i am not even gonna get into the alternative category...yikes

23 minutes ago, Topanga said:

and what am I seeing about she lost the grammy because of snl:trisha2: excuse me. words cannot describe how livid I am 

I can't see them applying the same standards they hold for Lana to everyone else :what: 

imagine refusing to ever change your mind because of 1 performance 12 years ago. she's released 8 albums since then 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

13 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

She wasn't " hanging out " with TS , the show organizers put them together.

I actually thought she was going with her dad tbh 

Lana wasn't hanging out with TS and YET they arrived together...:pls:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I woke up and .... 

I don't think I can even bring myself to watch the main show now in retrospect knowing that she doesn't win anything. 

Anyway, I'm feeling really really awful and I need to rant, so, here's my own QFTC

I think the "music industry" is scared of Lana, because she's one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now and she doesn't owe them anything. Her success has been through her own hard work over decades of persistence. As much as journalists tried to push the industry plant theories during BTD, deep down they all know that she's there, standing among them, because she sang to crowds of just ten people in bars, she wrote and wrote and wrote and pushed and pushed and pushed and when finally she hit the radios, people listened. And people loved her. 

The fact that Lana is the force she is without having a single Grammy, without getting huge radio play, without pandering to the critics, the zeitgeist, the egos that need stroking .. that's what they're all afraid of. Intimidated by. 

I think she's one of the only huge artists of our time who took the "traditional" struggle route (touring tiny jazz bars and local pubs) and went "viral" (on tumblr). She incapsulates both the old and the new way of gaining success. 

Plus, her music, her looks — they're endless homages to icons of the past. There's countless references to literature, movies, singers, poetry, cultural icons, fashion. And yet despite building so much on our collective nostalgia, Lana is authentically herself. Despite what magazines try to push, no Lana fan wonders who she is under her references. Nobody thinks it feels empty. It's such a feat to be able to effortlessly reference the past while influencing the future generations. It's been said time and time again how Lana is the reason that Billie, Olivia, even Taylor make the music they do today. For someone who is blinded by their own fear and hatred about Lana's struggles in the past, her "bad influence," her "inauthenticity," having an artist who is simultaneously able to exist in the past, present and future is the epitome of power ... power they didn't bestow and power they didn't want her to have :worship: 

She has built a legacy (and DYKTTATUOB was the cementation of that legacy, whether it won or not) that will surpass 99% of the people in the music industry currently ... 

And it's been said time and time again but things that appeal (mostly) to women are derided. Any kind of media. I totally get what Lana was saying in QFTC although it wasn't worded well (and this probably won't be either). Nothing has changed, not really. I know Lana said in the Billboard awards that she's glad people feel they can't express themselves now as it didn't feel that way in 2008, but I don't think anyone, Billie Taylor and Olivia included, is singing about the experience of being a woman like Lana is: Just look at A&W ... we still have some way to go before people (mostly MEN) accept that it's just as worthwhile to sing about the experience of SA, alcoholism, suicide ideation, abusive relationships, and family trauma as it is to sing about being powerful and strong as a woman (and you can be those things while singing about those topics that everyone just wants to ignore). It takes courage to sing about these things when so often nobody in your own personal life wants to listen! But singing to millions of people? The vulnerability? Beautiful. There are millions of women (and men) who see the power in that. 

On the same topic, I absolutely hate that some stupid articles before the Grammy's didn't even mention Lana's name once despite her being nominated in 2 major categories, yet mentioned Jack in relation to Lana's work. As much as I am happy for Jack for his win it feels much the same way that he won in part thanks to her artistry while she is barely mentioned in the media coverage, on the carpet ... anywhere. Except by Jack and Taylor themselves (:wub:). This might be controversial but it reeks of sexism to me. I just HATE how she is treated almost as if her name is dirty so they just avoid saying mentioning her as if she doesn't even exist. URGH I AM IN SUCH A BAD MOOD :smh:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

I was watching the Grammy pre-ceremony but I didn't make it to the alt categories so I went to sleep (I'm ill) but I had a dream where Lana won all the alt categories and SOTY but Taylor won AOTY and I came here to say that it doesn't matter that Lana didn't win AOTY that it's a popularity contest that at least she got 3 awards 🥲 it was definitely better in my dreams than reality

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

I was watching the Grammy pre-ceremony but I didn't make it to the alt categories so I went to sleep (I'm ill) but I had a dream where Lana won all the alt categories and SOTY but Taylor won AOTY and I came here to say that it doesn't matter that Lana didn't win AOTY that it's a popularity contest that at least she got 3 awards 🥲 it was definitely better in my dreams than reality

Atleast she was there I really loved seeing Lana out in big events

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

I also dreamt that she won 3 awards! It was for Best Alt Album, ROTY, and Best Pop Duo lol