Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

6 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

You need to look up what a legacy artist means. Even that lady knew she fucked it hence why she added “in her prime”.

People are really keen about making amends to what TS did. It was rude and we could see how Lana was sad about it on that stage.

The Summertime Sadness remix on insta says it all. The only way Lana wouldn't be upset about it was if she was a schizo with no feelings 

7 hours ago, one time beauty queen said:

so Anna Cofone said they took inspiration from Brigitte Bardot & Sharon Tate for the look!  admittedly I did NOT see the vision as much this time, like w SKIMS it really popped out at me immediately but I'm just looking through my Sharon folder on pinterest and wondering if this is what they were somewhat channeling?

eda3792c94100f5f3b8914ac787f8fb3.jpg

yeah it was not giving that at all :tsk:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I do apologize if this has already been asked and discussed in this thread, but was that Gold Derby "blind item" fake? It was written like a 12-year-old and deliberately crafted to go viral. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

7 hours ago, one time beauty queen said:

so Anna Cofone said they took inspiration from Brigitte Bardot & Sharon Tate for the look!  admittedly I did NOT see the vision as much this time, like w SKIMS it really popped out at me immediately but I'm just looking through my Sharon folder on pinterest and wondering if this is what they were somewhat channeling?

I think just the hair she meant but idk

8 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i saw a rumour saying lana was “extremely drugged out” at the grammys and i just think it’s so ridiculous that people can’t just let a woman be shy. she’s just shy and nervous. leave her ALONNE :derpna4:

I’ve seen so many people say taylor was on drugs why i feel like tree paine started that rumor as a distraction 

The whole “legacy artist” thing just registered with me…and it kind of seemed like a Freudian slip. Not really a fan of that because it’s revealing, but at least it was somewhat attempted to be saved. A few days later, I honestly feel pretty mixed about the whole situation now that some things about Taylor have come to light — but it doesn’t really matter what I think lol so :whatever2:

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

The whole “legacy artist” thing just registered with me…and it kind of seemed like a Freudian slip. Not really a fan of that because it’s revealing, but at least it was somewhat attempted to be saved. A few days later, I honestly feel pretty mixed about the whole situation now that some things about Taylor have come to light — but it doesn’t really matter what I think lol so :whatever2:

It kind of gives “you will never be awarded so this is your one chance” instead of “you are my collaborator and deserve this,” :/ 

Also, the more I think about it, her using the remix which gave cedric gervais a grammy and not her is definitely shade. more towards the grammys than taylor considering she posted the hell out of taylor but also i don’t think she really got any solo pictures so..

4 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

It kind of gives “you will never be awarded so this is your one chance” instead of “you are my collaborator and deserve this,” :/ 

Also, the more I think about it, her using the remix which gave cedric gervais a grammy and not her is definitely shade. more towards the grammys than taylor considering she posted the hell out of taylor but also i don’t think she really got any solo pictures so..

my mind immediately went there too! with the remix of summertime sadness. cause cedric loves to take credit (ie remixes of any long of her songs) and get all the awards while lana never does. and lana hates the remixes.  and it definitely seems like a VERY subtle dig at the recording academy that only true lana fans would pick up on.  and i think, personally, her including taylor in the post was definitely smart; cause she would never wanna continue to divide the fandoms. like having taylor on her side is a win for publicity. and i’m sure her and taylor are semi close behind closed doors. maybe not close like Nikki Lane or Jack Antonoff or even Margaret;  but close enough to be checking each others teeth on a red carpet and not be embarrassed to do that. however i definitely saw those posts as a treat for us fans that she’s aware we are pissed af at the snubbery 🥹✌🏼🫶

I really don't think Lana was upset with Taylor. She resisted the idea of going up on the stage obviously, but we've all been in situations where a friend drags us to something we don't want to do and we're happy about it when we're there. I think Lana looked nervous but moved while Taylor was talking about her on that stage, and while she was probably embarrassed to be given that attention right after losing, Taylor gave her the spotlight that she absolutely deserved with the highest compliments. There was nothing condescending about it in my opinion. It gives "the Grammys have done you wrong, so you're coming on this stage whether they like it or not because it's what you've earned." The overall outcome of the whole thing is a positive one.

Some of you trying to spin "legacy artist" as a bad thing, like please. Obviously what Taylor meant was that Lana is an artist who is building a legacy that will last forever. She's a legend in her prime.

18 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

some of u guys are chronically online and it shows, lana and taylor are friends and taylor was being kind the whole night. just get over it :adele:

We’re literally on a forum dedicated to talking about one person. Of course we’re chronically online 

I’m definitely projecting when I comment about the whole Grammy situation, because I was always the “social butterfly” who was associated with many but not truly friends.. a little bit of an awkward weirdo.. and the super popular girl who knows she’s got it all being oooooverly nice feels triggering.. I don’t feel like I could ever trust 

like they’re overly nice to keep up appearances but don’t genuinely feel that way and it’s patronising 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

8 hours ago, one time beauty queen said:

brigitte bardot is a huge style inspo for me and she was not giving brigitte AT ALL lol :toofunny:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Wait why people think that being a "legacy artist" is a bad thing? Taylor literally meant with it that Lana has achieved so much in her career what other artists can only dream of. That Lana is a trailblazer!

url%5D

48 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

that wasn't even the cedric gervais remix:defeated:  you guys read into stuff way too much. if lana was mad at taylor or having a meltdown over grammy's i'm sure we would have qftc pt. 2 by now lmao.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

that wasn't even the cedric gervais remix:defeated:  you guys read into stuff way too much. if lana was mad at taylor or having a meltdown over grammy's i'm sure we would have qftc pt. 2 by now lmao.

Give her some time. This one will be called "Answers For The Culture". 🤫

1 hour ago, violettiaras said:

I’ve seen so many people say taylor was on drugs why i feel like tree paine started that rumor as a distraction 

idk about drugs but she was definitely drunk as fuck. usually she remembers social etiquette, but that night she snatched the grammy out of celine’s hands without thanking her or making eye contact which was pretty disrespectful and a stark contrast to how miley honored mariah. and of course, right afterwards tree makes sure to upload a picture of celine and taylor backstage to put a bandaid on everything.

plus there’s a video of taylor asking julien if she can put a grammy on her head, while julien was crying/being emotional and none of boygenius were having it 😭 awkward

so yeah all in all i think taylor was a bit chaotic that night and didn’t mean harm to anyone, but she was prob really excited and impulsive. with lana, i doubt taylor saw lana’s hesitation as a genuine firm “no i don’t want to go up there” but rather just her being shy, and taylor being the extrovert felt the need to take matters into her own hands in an abrasive manner. however lana clearly isn’t traumatized by the incident unlike what a lot of fans were acting like, so it’s not that big of a deal.

Spoiler

speaking of lack of social etiquette…as much as the album announcement was an exciting surprise, i’m sorry but she completely lacked class doing that. announcing midnights at VMA’s? sure, why not. there’s fans in attendance and it’s an overall more casual setting. announcing your new album at the GRAMMY’S where there’s no fans in attendance and it’s considered a high class event with legends like joni mitchell, stevie wonders, meryl streep, etc? bad move. it made her look childish and dare i say, self-centered. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ