DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

21 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

What is the song she’s covering.. like I know blue skies.. but what version 

there's a lot of synth and other production choices that make it stand out from the other versions i've heard. not the biggest fan, but it's sure a novel spin on it

Was expecting/hoping for something a little bit slower and maybe more haunting. I feel like the sound of the outro could have been utilised for the whole track.

But I still like it! It's giving Andrew Sisters 

5 minutes ago, World At War said:

there's a lot of synth and other production choices that make it stand out from the other versions i've heard. not the biggest fan, but it's sure a novel spin on it

Oh so not really comparable then.. I was tryna get a feel for it somehow :crai: I guess I must wait 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

someone who’s heard it, compare it to something for me? im seeing jazz so is it terrence/buddy’s rendezvous type of vibe or like what

Much more upbeat and fun than those songs. She doesn't really have a song that is like it.

25 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

someone who’s heard it, compare it to something for me? im seeing jazz so is it terrence/buddy’s rendezvous type of vibe or like what

It's very similar to Ella's version, but lacks brass instrumentation. Mostly jazzy piano and percussion. Lana harmonises with herself in an Andrew Sisters kind of way. Some of Jack's weird flairs here and there. The outro is kinda trippy, almost reminds me of the Judah Priest Interlude? Minus the shouty preaching lol.

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

It's... something new AND I LOVE IT

Based on the production and instrumentation - which Lana song's production is closest to the new cover?

url%5D

Not 3 of you quoting that user :toofloppy:

thank you for giving them a heads up, but in the future don’t quote their original box 

"Don’t forget me"