DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

29 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I commented on @tapmusic’s latest post of lana’s blue skies :

Please fix the release date mistake on Spotify, it says November 2023, but it should be Feb 2024, it's not showing in the new releases due to this problem, and people have to scroll all the way down to find it..

and they’ve literally deleted my comment 5 minutes later :trisha2:

Apple Music has the correct date, so it must be a mistake

Other songs from the soundtrack were also had low-key releases. I couldn't find 1975 & Florence's songs on their page. Perhaps they're planning to release the album by the end of the show so they can promote it as a soundtrack album. 

2 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Other songs from the soundtrack were also had low-key releases. I couldn't find 1975 & Florence's songs on their page. Perhaps they're planning to release the album by the end of the show so they can promote it as a soundtrack album. 

Both songs show up as latest release under their Spotify profiles. They are also correctly labeled under the soundtrack genre on Apple Music. Lana’s is the only one that has incorrect information. 

4 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

I commented on @tapmusic’s latest post of lana’s blue skies :

Please fix the release date mistake on Spotify, it says November 2023, but it should be Feb 2024, it's not showing in the new releases due to this problem, and people have to scroll all the way down to find it..

and they’ve literally deleted my comment 5 minutes later :trisha2:

That's incredible. Why they don't invest their time in doing their job instead? 😒

It was expensive watch it 

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

:bebe:

you can’t find it on apple, it’s not on her YouTube, and not a single person other than jack has posted about it, and it was only on his story. Rob didn’t even post about it, and he promo’d Charlie’s flop song. Plus, this isn’t a huge show like euphoria

its a cute song, but were we really expecting a huge number?

"Don’t forget me"

Why didn’t they just wait like 2 days with the Lost at Sea remix if they wanted it to be her Latest Release? If that even is the reason, has she really promoted her previous soundtracks (excluding Young&Beautiful)?

But I did also have trouble finding Florence’s song when it first came out. It’s all a bit strange.

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

you can’t find it on apple, it’s not on her YouTube, and not a single person other than jack has posted about it, and it was only on his story. Rob didn’t even post about it, and he promo’d Charlie’s flop song. Plus, this isn’t a huge show like euphoria

its a cute song, but were we really expecting a huge number?

i found it on apple by searching the song name, but yeah i don't see it on the artist page

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This didn't even show up in my spotify new activity :crossed: So I thought "OUT NOW" meant only the trailer of the TV show or the pilot episode or smth.

So now that I have heard it, ITS GORGEOUS OMG JESUS CHRIST :wubna: Season of the Witch background vocal throwbacks omg. For all the Jack hate I've given, he does really REALLY REALLY good with these covers. I think maybe because he knows he needs to do better with covers :creepna3: Or he gives himself more time to feel the vibe that's already there? And same with Lana because her vocals are more interesting and variable here compared to her recent albums. Her voice was made for the classics.

11 hours ago, American Whore said:

i found it on apple by searching the song name, but yeah i don't see it on the artist page

they actually fixed it and it’s the first song showing on her page!! I initially found it by scrolling down to ‘singles & EPs’ and scrolled before country roads. So i mean it was there, it was just a chore to find. 

thank goodness they finally fixed it! 

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

This didn't even show up in my spotify new activity :crossed: So I thought "OUT NOW" meant only the trailer of the TV show or the pilot episode or smth.

So now that I have heard it, ITS GORGEOUS OMG JESUS CHRIST :wubna: Season of the Witch background vocal throwbacks omg. For all the Jack hate I've given, he does really REALLY REALLY good with these covers. I think maybe because he knows he needs to do better with covers :creepna3: Or he gives himself more time to feel the vibe that's already there? And same with Lana because her vocals are more interesting and variable here compared to her recent albums. Her voice was made for the classics.

tbh I think one reason this is so good is because Jack isn’t doing every single piece of the song. He has a lot of different people playing the instrumental and I think that really helps tbh. Ever since ocean I’ve realized jack songs are really good if there are more people involved 

"Don’t forget me"

11 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

i love indie artist lana del rey

i can’t wait to open up a conversation at a local record store with “i bet you’ve never heard this! only real music fans know” and impressive everyone by playing  lana del reys “blue skies” 

just another day supporting unknown artists and giving them more exposure !!

#supportindieartists

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

ok, new theory: they put the correct date on apple because they don't care about apple music streams. but for spotify, they chose november 30 so the song would stay behind Take Me Home (with release date of december 1), maybe because it's the lead single for Lasso