Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

1 minute ago, brandon said:

PLEAAASEEE

i went to northern ireland earlier this year and hearing everyone in the bar singing their hearts out to this song really had me so taken aback like i had to giggle 

i cant wait to irl troll them and say 'oh wow you know this lana del rey song!!!' and then gaslight them into thinking she wrote it

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

30 minutes ago, lernerderrey said:

It's a bad song. LMAO local politicians help but the governor and everyone in Charleston sucks. There's plenty of other places Lana could've played in WV. She chose the rich part of the state, chose to donate the money made back to the rich, and low-key I feel like she only played Charleston to feel like it was acceptable to release this cover. IDK it's CRINGE.

yall will complain about literally anything this woman does it’s so funny at this point. 

faSE.gif

2 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

yall will complain about literally anything this woman does it’s so funny at this point. 

it’s like why are we pinning the struggles of an entire state onto a random pop star who did a cover of a globally popular song 

what the fuck!?!?!?!? are we getting the covers album finally????

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This was such a shock to wake up to!!

it sounds absolutely heavenly, and that cover picture is so cute. When the snippet leaked a year ago I knew it’d be so good, and it’s better than I thought it’d be!

I wonder if this is part of her Grammy campaign, or the cover album, or just a one off end of year gift 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, lernerderrey said:

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

i am also west virginian and this is ridiculous lmao. im sure most people here are a little sick of it but also its such a big part of our state even if it wasn’t intended to be for here. also please tell me where you would’ve liked her to play outside of charleston? huntington? morgantown? charleston may be the “city” of the state but it is still run down and no where near the standards of other capitol cities. i just really don’t understand where you would have rather her or played lmao… what stage? and she isn’t fetishizing it good lord. if you really care about this state you need to take a step back because charleston and lana playing there is not the cause of its issues. if anything lana coming here boosted our economy and is going to promote other large artists to play here. 

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

the least problematic thing lana could do is perform and somehow, someone manages to make it into a problem :wtf3:

this is giving "kim, there are literally people dying..."

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

this is so delusional babe #uneedanewcocktail

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

firstly, please look up the definition of “fetishized” because you might be confused. second of all, it’s not that deep and you need to touch some west virginian grass. get as distant as you want from her but finding a reason to do that because of a classic song she’s covered is beyond me. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 111 said:

surely recorded in 2020 when she did summertime and talked about american standards album

And she had the same set up for Unchained Melody too. She’s teasing y’all! Choir Del Rey is coming to sing us some Classics! 2024 :true:

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

She's so unpredictable. We got SYTH in May (?) and thought we were getting the unreleased collection and now we get this :hide:

What if we get BOTH projects in the near future :brows:

27 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We must be getting a covers album surely 25 December? :flop:

Well, I think it’s in the LDR10 thread some new “insider” said we’d get the unreleased and cover albums around Christmas… it’s a new member, we have no proof yet it could be the case, but let’s just say I love the idea :cumming2:

19 minutes ago, yourboy said:

I don't think about having inappropriate relationships with young girls when I sing Lolita and Little Girls :popcorn: Go touch some grass guys and chileeeee:dance:

where did this come from :puzzled:

violets in your eyes