Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

6 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i mean in their defense, a lot of the country/folk genre kind of runs parallel to the kkk era white people in the south :deadbanana:

It’s just a little offensive idk:bebe: it’s not a huge deal to me personally but to automatically equate country/folk to racism when a lot of early folk artists were super progressive is just weird and misinformed I think… but again it’s not personal and I’m not trying to argue

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I’ve listened to this shit probably 20 times already lol I remember singing this in the car with my dad when I was little and crying in the car grown up to it when he passed away. So special hearing my favorite artist sing something so dear to me. 

12 hours ago, lernerderrey said:

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

LMFAOOOOO 

omg i finally was able to download the VPN and it's so beautiful :trisha: i love when she tries diff genres/sounds and seamlessly pulls it off every time. 

obsessed w this era already tbh I'm living for the direction she's going. i think this folky sound suits her voice so well actually :wub: in lana we trust

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

12 hours ago, lernerderrey said:

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

Girl same.. I hate how when she comes to Europe she always goes to the rich Paris, London, Amsterdam and Warsaw instead of supporting rural Bulgaria where we really need her:ohno:

jk of course, I wish you and your state all the best! 🩶 Reading the history of the song, there’s quite a good explanation for the WV reference and I also don’t think anyone is fetishising your state. Xx

12 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

If this does turn out to be the first single of the covers album, I kind of wish that she would have waited a little longer to end the ocean Blvd era. At least until after the Grammys. I would have preferred an Ocean Blvd deluxe version over this, but it doesn’t seem like she cares for that anymore. 

To me, this looks like an expansion pack for the Tunnel era rather than a new era. Tunnel brought her back to the spotlight, critics love her, the public loves her and she’s being recognised as true American songwriter icon. now she is free to drop something casual but ultimately very Lana and I’m sure she’ll get praise for that in the context of Tunnel. If she had dropped this after Chemtrails, most people probably wouldn’t have paid attention to it. 

I love this song and I especially love this cover. I get that it won’t resonate with everyone, but personally it’s one of my favorites already. So grateful to finally have it.:thankyou2:

Although it sounds beautiful and lovely, it's kinda a miss for me. Doesn't have the same energy as the OG.. maybe it's the production, its far too subdued. The last chorus is a slay though. Needed more guitar. The choir had to be on all the choruses. Will definitely replay this alot but nothing too great about it. 

this is still so weird, waking up to this news kinda shook me and i'm still wondering if she's gonna end up announcing a covers album in the morning

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Obsessed with her vocals but i'm never listening to this again 

same here. It's just a basic cover of a song that's nice but nothing special.

i agree with whoever said that this should have got the Doin' Time treatment so that it would be more interesting.

i feel like lana's just putting out anything that pops into her head at this point.

we need a BOP

16 minutes ago, barttttender said:

same here. It's just a basic cover of a song that's nice but nothing special.

i agree with whoever said that this should have got the Doin' Time treatment so that it would be more interesting.

i feel like lana's just putting out anything that pops into her head at this point.

we need a BOP

i may be wrong because i haven't heard the original song, but take me home (country roads) is mellow to begin with, i feel like it would be embarrassing and silly on her end to turn a country classic into some pop bop, it should be obvious by now that she has more of a mellow sound in her music now, and you're just going to keep ending up disappointed by expecting it or wanting it

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I really enjoy this song, I think she did a great job with her interpretation. Idk why people were expecting anything different. Like yeah I’m be upset if she made Heart Shaped Box a mid temp ballad but this has always been a simple folk song lol. 

Omg the ending is gorgeous