Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

the Covers album is for sure coming. i don’t think she would drop this song and leave it like that. probably summertime will be on the album too. she’s dropping it this month, it would be the perfect grammys campaign to be honest.

about the song, it’s beautiful. i would love if she used less reverb, because the instrumentals are so simple that the reverb almost makes the instrumentals disappear. but overall it is so pretty 

0YnL0Kf.gif

On 12/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, Embach said:

I loved this song! Beautiful haunting vocals and amazing quality! Her vocals were very clear in my opinion! And I also loved the melodical oompah-oompah piano. The choir (or just group of background singers) in the end of the song was really stunning too. A gorgeous song, a wholesome moment! :flutter: The moment I heard her vocals I was like...so nostalgic! :wowcry:

On 12/1/2023 at 5:35 PM, DCooper said:

I find this version so warm and lovely. I'm glad she didn't mimic John Denver's approach, this is stripped back but the piano has a beautiful rhythm to it and her delivery is gorgeous and welcoming. Perfect for the holiday season :wub:

Full agree with you both. It's just perfect to me this way ❤️ I want more of them 😍

It was expensive watch it 

On 12/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, Vertimus said:

It sounds rushed, stripped down, flat, basic. As others have said, where is the instrumentation that made the original seem and feel sincere and of its time and place? 

She's singing the lyrics a la the classic John Denver version, but she's not singing it as if she means it or has experienced what she's saying. Where's the sense of loss, the passion, the relief of finally getting back to the place that she feels she belongs? Compare it to Buddy's Rendezvous, for example.  

Funny how on OB she says, "the WAYYYY JOHN DENVER SINGSSS" and she's doing the opposite here, no passion. It seems to me that this would drive away potential fans rather than create new ones. 

I hope we get the Americana | Classics album and soon, but I hope the rest is a little more fully realized and heartfelt than this. 

So true. Again, just feels like a 2-hour studio session with not a lot of love put into it. The fact that she's thanking @zachary_dawes is even more worrying in terms of this Standards album.

For me, he's the least exciting of her producers and has put out some of her worst cuts (Summertime Gershwin version), and I don't understand why she keeps going back to him and Drew Erickson. 

With Max Martin, Kevin Parker, Rick Nowels, Mark Ronson, Emil Hayne, Jack Antonoff, and so many other great producers out there, she keeps going for these mid-tier producers.

My expectations for the Standards album went to pots.

I actually have a clip of me on soundcloud singing this exact song Acapella. Am I posting it? No way! Lol.

I mean I can sing.. a little, but it isn't even in the same ballpark.

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

Obsessed with this, and I've never really listened to the original on my own I think. This is stunningly gorgeous. And the cover art is soooo pretty and fitting.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

BTW did anyone who clicked this on her newsletter thingy

Screenshot-2023-07-23-at-8-30-54-PM.png

actually have Take Me Home, Country Roads automatically saved to their streaming platform? BC I certainly didn't :crossed:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

On 12/1/2023 at 7:36 AM, Vertimus said:

It sounds rushed, stripped down, flat, basic. As others have said, where is the instrumentation that made the original seem and feel sincere and of its time and place? 

She's singing the lyrics a la the classic John Denver version, but she's not singing it as if she means it or has experienced what she's saying. Where's the sense of loss, the passion, the relief of finally getting back to the place that she feels she belongs? Compare it to Buddy's Rendezvous, for example.  

Funny how on OB she says, "the WAYYYY JOHN DENVER SINGSSS" and she's doing the opposite here, no passion. It seems to me that this would drive away potential fans rather than create new ones. 

I hope we get the Americana | Classics album and soon, but I hope the rest is a little more fully realized and heartfelt than this. 

I fully agree!! I’ve seen some people suggest Simon and Garfunkel, and I have always wanted her to cover Johnny Cash. It’s something I’m a bit more hesitant about now. It’s upsetting because I know she can do very good covers in a way that sounds unique to her (e.g The Other Woman, Once Upon a Dream, Season of the Witch, etc), this just sounds a bit lackluster to me 

sgopYhV.gif

16 hours ago, barttttender said:

So true. Again, just feels like a 2-hour studio session with not a lot of love put into it. The fact that she's thanking @zachary_dawes is even more worrying in terms of this Standards album.

For me, he's the least exciting of her producers and has put out some of her worst cuts (Summertime Gershwin version), and I don't understand why she keeps going back to him and Drew Erickson. 

With Max Martin, Kevin Parker, Rick Nowels, Mark Ronson, Emil Hayne, Jack Antonoff, and so many other great producers out there, she keeps going for these mid-tier producers.

My expectations for the Standards album went to pots.

I love Zach but I def need to see some variety in producers

url%5D

2 hours ago, Mer said:

BTW did anyone who clicked this on her newsletter thingy

Screenshot-2023-07-23-at-8-30-54-PM.png

actually have Take Me Home, Country Roads automatically saved to their streaming platform? BC I certainly didn't :crossed:

I didn’t get anything either. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png