Sign in to follow this  
Strangelove

What time period/year was Lana's most interesting musically?

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

specifically October and November

right before the switch to Dan was the most pivotal moment in the UV timeline

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

other than the obviousl 2012-2016 era, id say 2006-2011 era. so much mystery around it that i need someone with a time machine to go back in time and tell me everything (in relation to the music, im not here for her private life)

Definitely her Lizzy Grant stuff but after that 2011-2016. I still love all her stuff but it’s lost that SPARK to me that made it so original and special. I got into her music because she was so different from anything else I’d ever heard; nobody was doing that kind of music before her, at least, not exactly. I often wish she’d go back to that but you can’t go back in time. She’s older now and with a different perspective, and that’s fine. I’ll still listen and love her newer work. But I’ll always remember with great fondness how those earlier albums made me and everyone else feel… I swear she had magic in her veins back then. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

AKA for me - everything that inspired it is so interesting and its a very sonically visual album (how lana described it herself) i think it’s some of her most creative work and nothing still really sounds like it.  having mermaid motel and yayo on the same album already kind of takes the cake for that imo :candy: i mean just iconic

“Can you make the record sound like a black and white movie, at a sad party, and can you make it sound famous?”

-------------

ImlUAIK.png

I'd have to say 2012-2013, and I guess that kinda stretches to late 2014 as well. She did so many genres, her style of writing was so inspired and she seemed to have so much internal and external influence. And these times lead to Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon which are all SO different and absolutely masterpieces. Even visually, she was doing so much, and something different nearly every time.

i wanna go against the grain here and say 2016-2020 because there's still so much we know that she made between this period that has yet to leak. bombastic songs, the political tracks, etc.

of course, 2013ish would be the most interesting, but i feel like unless there's a ton we have yet to know about or hear, we kinda have the picture of that period.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i would also have to agree with 2013, the early ultraviolence sound, so many magnificent songs, like pink champagne, earthquakes, madly, unidentified flying bill, lake placid, fine china, and i talk to jesus were recorded around that time, i'd be happy to hear anything from that period of time :wub: 

also, obligatory mention of 2007 from me, it's certainly my favorite year of her artistry, at the start of 2007, her music was still very similar to the may jailer sound, she wore dreamy, long white dresses, wavy, blonde hair, and sang her melancholic, haunting acoustic songs like for k, pt. 2, and disco, she cut her hair in may of 2007 and slowly transitioned into more of the classic lizzy grant image in the summer, and started experimenting with a heavier, rock sound with her boyfriend at the time, arthur lynn, as evidenced by their live rehearsal sessions containing rock versions of brite lites, disco, and yayo, two other songs titled me and my boyfriend and it's not you, it's just me, and the live footage of yayo and brite lites that feature a heavier, edgier sound, she also started working with steven mertens, another boyfriend, that year, and with that, came spectacular songs like the mermaid motel demo, pin up galore, trash magic, the ocean, and wayamaya, her amazing and elusive surf noir sound, but steven mertens wasn't a one-trick-pony, he also produced demos that featured a more rural and rock-esque, like his rendition of brite lites and queen of the gas station, and let's not forget that she started working with david kahne in october :wub: just such a fabulous period of time in her career that brought us so much amazing music that makes me feel like nothing else :wubna: :trisha: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2013-2015 maybe 2016 too but we don't really know much about it. Those early years she conjured such ethereal gorgeous melodies and concepts, she hasn't done it like that since. The spark she held in her hands was truly pure talent and artistry, real magic. 2016-17 she seemed very inspired taking LFL sessions in every direction, putting in 200%, but after it got paid dust it was clear she was burnt out (the entire premise of NFR). Feels like those (LFL) were the last years of Lana Del Rey, which is sad cause 2016 is right when I found her.. beyonce_wow_thats_a_great_question.avi

Honorable mention to Lizzy Grant years too. Representing all the dreamers out there, we love you Lizzy *mwah*

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺