Make me your Dream Life

Favorite Film Scenes?

I have many but rn the only one that comes to my mind:

it's like, completely pointless but it's brilliant and I always laugh my ass off. I seriously think about this scene from time to time

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

This entire scene plus the ending (this scene carries to the ending of the movie which is not included in the video)

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I’ve been watching some more controversial films recently, and came across Irreversible. I think it only has eleven scenes total I believe? It has a couple of very disturbing parts in it. But film has stuck with me for some reason. 

The scenes that stuck with me, apart from the

Spoiler

Rape scene (which I do think was necessary for such a film)

were the ones where they’re having fun. 

It plays in reverse, so the start of the film is two men getting arrested because they were getting revenge (a woman was assaulted after a party, one of the men’s girlfriend and the other’s ex girlfriend). 

It shows the assault, then just simply the three of them on the way to the party then just chilling at home before they go. And it’s these scenes that stick with me, because they really highlighted the fragility of life. The fact these three people (and others due to their actions).

Rather than being a rape-revenge flick, it’s a film about three young, carefree, lighthearted people go through immense trauma and their lives are never the same. If it played from start to finish, it would play out like a descent into hell (the lead actress’ own words). The scenes playing in reverse make you really sit with what happened. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Llorando scene in mulholland drive, lighthouse scenes in annihilation, makeover scene in clueless- all really different but capture the tone and main ideas of their respective films really nicely.

edit: had to add Marilyn Monroe weeping w horses in the misfits.

aOaIzH2.gif

Omg I can’t believe I forgot these two, so here’s some more impactful scenes that are engraved in my brain- 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°