Elle

Gulf Shores, AL @ Hangout Fest - May 17th, 2024

18 minutes ago, MamaDelGhey said:

Ummmm my bf is gonna shit when he hears about the Jelly Roll collab, is there a recording anywhere??

Found a YT clip

url%5D

I just listened to American Jesus, I counted like 30 references to BTD/PE songs. Instead of making some shitty post about being copied and imitated, Lana recognised her impact, saw a bit of herself in that girl,  and bought her out on stage. She showed us a kind, humble woman. The way BTD is still impacting all these artists after all these years and it was so heavily panned at the time is so inspiring. The way BTD’s working title was “The Revenge of LDR” feels so apt as an OG in this heyday we’ve found ourselves in. Life imitates art indeed.I think this truly might be the peak for us. The last couple of years have been crazy, and through it all she’s still helping the others up. She’s a one of a kind. And I’m glad she seems to be enjoying her revenge.  

Rob has the first half of the show (until Ride) on his nstagram, can’t really hear that well tho because he’s behind the speakers

Looks like she kept the stage design from Coachella

25 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Better set than coachella wtf girl 

Some kind of in-between would be nice. I quite miss A&W and — controversial opinion — the slower, new songs like Candy Necklace (a standout at Coachella), and DYKTTATUOB. Live, I prefer these to The Grants. But Peppers and Fishtail add so much energy :pft2: I hope they stay. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Hoping for the Fenway show she will add A&W back. I need her to change it up soon. Bartender is a great song, but we need to move on.

:creepna3:

This is another, longer clip of Sweet Home Alabama, which is not only a song about the place she's in, but an answer/diss track to Neil Young's Southern Man.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

31 minutes ago, J03 said:

I just listened to American Jesus, I counted like 30 references to BTD/PE songs. Instead of making some shitty post about being copied and imitated, Lana recognised her impact, saw a bit of herself in that girl,  and bought her out on stage. She showed us a kind, humble woman. The way BTD is still impacting all these artists after all these years and it was so heavily panned at the time is so inspiring. The way BTD’s working title was “The Revenge of LDR” feels so apt as an OG in this heyday we’ve found ourselves in. Life imitates art indeed.I think this truly might be the peak for us. The last couple of years have been crazy, and through it all she’s still helping the others up. She’s a one of a kind. And I’m glad she seems to be enjoying her revenge.  

I just read the lyrics, it really does sound like something an "insider" could've made up and claim it was written by Lana in the BTD/pre-BTD era. :eyeroll3: I haven't heard the song yet but I agree, it was nice of Lana to bring her on stage if she's an inspiration to Nessa.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Setlist:
Intro - Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd
1. Fishtails
2. Without You
3. West Coast
4. Peppers with Tommy Genesis
5. Summertime Sadness
6. Cherry
7. Pretty When You Cry
8. Ride
9. Beautiful Things with Benson Boone
10. Born To Die
11. Bartender
12. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
13. American Jesus with Nessa Barrett
14. The Grants
15. Video Games
16. Sweet Home Alabama with Jelly Roll
Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7GW0zhNzDA/?igsh=MWo3eG1jZ3R4MGJ3dg==

It's just called Fishtail :et:

7 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

It's just called Fishtail :et:

True, I just noticed that myself, I was typing that setlist out too fast :gasp:

url%5D

just watched a minute-ish video of peppers it’s everything I dreamt of……. I’ll bring the coffee if you’ll bring the wine :sluttybunny::rollin:

2 hours ago, lustforluvv said:

Hoping for the Fenway show she will add A&W back. I need her to change it up soon. Bartender is a great song, but we need to move on.

:creepna3:

If it's to add a slower song ... it would be epic if she replaced Bartender with Yayo