Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I think it’s obvious from this interview that lasso has been cancelled and the country is gone:brigitte: and the best case scenario we get another album in 2025. Hopefully working with quavo redirects her to trap again

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I think it’s obvious from this interview that lasso has been cancelled and the country is gone:brigitte: and the best case scenario we get another album in 2025. Hopefully working with quavo redirects her to trap again

kinda want that scenario tbh

1 minute ago, honeymooooon said:

kinda want that scenario tbh

Country is not my forte… but I really love Henry because it’s more on the folk side / Not Those Who Wander Are Lost. But I guess it’s the rest of the album that will tell me if it was a brilliant move or not, going country.

The second she said “Where is Lasso going, I really have no idea now” I realised it’s another Rock Candy Sweet. RIP Lasso 😞

37 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

she doesn't know either like it's giving this album is not even in the making :toofloppy:

What did I tell you guys months ago?

I said "she probably has like 3 songs at the moment, and it's really coming out september 2025."

I get the sense that she didn't appreciate the quiet / cold reception at the event, and decided it to scrap it then and there.

So, I guess the Quavo thing is either a one-off, or a quavo track after all?

At least we know not to get excited for Lasso anymore, right?

1 hour ago, honeyslow said:

part about lasso at 2:07 

I think she just meant that she has made changes in Lasso that were not there to begin with... Like that collab with Quavo, so it won't be a completely "country" album.

i'll be damned if i can't slow dance with you — tom-at-the-farm: Orville  Peck, “Hexie Mountains”

5 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I think she just meant that she has made changes in Lasso that were not there to begin with... Like that collab with Quavo, so it won't be a completely "country" album.

I agree-- this is kind of the vibe I got.

It's def going to be a LFL type I feel-- mixed sounds and many changes from the initial concept lol!

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

I'm speaking to her on June 7th (exactly 2 weeks from now, yes I'm getting very nervous about it) and I'm going to double down on Lasso questions.

King!!! We thank you in advance lol.

10 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

hopefully it's just that, yeah. But september is not seeming likely - that is GUARANTEED.

I like that she says it'll be less introspective and less like Ob and BB.

We've heard enough about niki jumping in the pool, chuck's baby, charlie's smoking, etc.

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i think she talked about lasso and then regretted it cause she probably changed everything by now :eartha: i have a feeling this album isn’t even done

I have a feeling this album isn’t even started:brigitte:

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i think she talked about lasso and then regretted it cause she probably changed everything by now :eartha: i have a feeling this album isn’t even done

isn't that what she does with every album since like Ultraviolence though :creepna3: