Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

27 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But there's so much she does--like attending the Met Gala--that she doesn't have to do but continues to do, and she clearly loves the red carpet and being professionally photographed, so I wouldn't personally say she dislikes present-day fame. Look at the Waffle House thing--what was that, if not an unusual bid for attention? 

I believe she loves all the attention showered on her by designers and the people who make her concert dresses/costumes, as well as the people who produce the more extravagant aspects of her shows--which she clearly has to green-light in some manner. 

The Waffle House thing came off way more as a spontaneous moment of fun than an unusual bid for attention to me. And yes there are aspects of it that I'm sure she enjoys but she seems very selective of what events to attend. I wouldn't consider extravagant aspects of her shows having anything to do with a desire for attention. She's an artist and of course cares deeply about her creative expression. A big through-line in her writing is the negative aspect of fame and she hardly promotes her own work. She's made it clear that she wants to live as simple and normal of a life as she can.

8 hours ago, Nectar said:

Little birdie has told me that something big will happen soon

(trust me)

That same bird, moments before, flew headfirst into my freshly polished glass sliding doors so I’m not sure we can trust it on account of the brain damage :um2:

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

The Waffle House thing came off way more as a spontaneous moment of fun than an unusual bid for attention to me. And yes there are aspects of it that I'm sure she enjoys but she seems very selective of what events to attend. I wouldn't consider extravagant aspects of her shows having anything to do with a desire for attention. She's an artist and of course cares deeply about her creative expression. A big through-line in her writing is the negative aspect of fame and she hardly promotes her own work. She's made it clear that she wants to live as simple and normal of a life as she can.

Lately—lately she's been singing about walking to the mall, watching TV, and doing the laundry. 

Most musicians and actors—an even influencers more recently-- quickly realize the fame game is not what they thought it would be—there's literally hundreds of songs from diverse artists about the toxicity of fame. It's been clear from about the time of Honeymoon that she was turning her back on the life and lifestyle she lived briefly after the release of Born To Dieshe no longer wanted to be photographed everywhere as she was when dating Francesco Carrozzini and no longer wanted to be seen as the international style guru she had become. On Facebook and IG, she began posting selfies of herself sans makeup. 

For someone who attends only select events, she sure attends a lot of them, and I doubt she thought no one in the media would be aware she was working a shift at the Waffle House and speaking freely to customers while wearing a name tag that read 'Lana.' I don't think it was an attempt for her to see what life was like for someone with a minimum-wage job in the South. Sure, it was probably a lark, but also a somewhat calculated one. A publicity stunt. 

She may be ambivalent about fame—and ambivalence is life—but there's no doubt she's still attracted to being seen, being an artist and celebrity, having a public profile, having a legacy, etc. She could still release albums but become essentially reclusive, as many musicians have in the past, but she's not doing that. And we don't want her to. 

23 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

an insider bird on the street's french husband JUST told me that Lasso is never coming!! jimmyjimmycocoapuff EXCLUSIVE read all about it!

Kill that bird immediately :oprah8:

It’s been the ‘perfect’ time for her to release all year and it’s still so silent. 

Before Coachella we thought it was coming (and her team trolled us hard with the western themed chat). Then it was the perfect time after Fenway because was taking 2 months off. 

Now she has these three shows in August and then there’s nothing after that, so hopefully THIS time will be the right time. Finish these shows out and end Q3 with a single and then album early Q4

"Don’t forget me"

18 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It’s been the ‘perfect’ time for her to release all year and it’s still so silent. 

Before Coachella we thought it was coming (and her team trolled us hard with the western themed chat). Then it was the perfect time after Fenway because was taking 2 months off. 

Now she has these three shows in August and then there’s nothing after that, so hopefully THIS time will be the right time. Finish these shows out and end Q3 with a single and then album early Q4

if she doesn't say anything by a couple weeks after her last shows scheduled, i fear we won't get lasso until next year :trisha4: either way it doesn't seem like we'll be getting it in september atp. We're about halfway through august and she's been completely silent. i think later in the year like fall/winter is still possible though

492482-1.png

♡︎

5 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

if she doesn't say anything by a couple weeks after her last shows scheduled, i fear we won't get lasso until next year :trisha4: either way it doesn't seem like we'll be getting it in september atp. We're about halfway through august and she's been completely silent. i think later in the year like fall/winter is still possible though

I’ve been an October truther for months now, but I can also see it coming in November. We know there was a date set (September 20th) but we were also told the album wasn’t done and would likely be delayed (I forget what twitter insider said it but hotshot2am confirmed their reliability). She also told Elle in May she wanted to release it this year, so I will cling onto hope as long as possible 

"Don’t forget me"

Lately I've been feeling nostalgic for the COCC/BB days. Here's my fake tracklist

Lasso

1. Lasso

2. Fine China

3. All my Best to Smile

4. The 8

5. In God's Time

6. Morricone Interlude

7. Blue Suede Shoes

8. Crossroads & Afterthoughts

9. Los Cactus

10. Pawn Shop Blues

11. Liz I'm Calling from California*

12. Henry Come On

13. Jesus

14. Take Me Home Country Roads

Deluxe

15. Sunkissed

16. Destiny

17. Nots Untied

* I'll never forget you

Your Girl 666's version

Spoiler

1. Lasso (Intro)

2. I Can Fly (released version)

3. The american flag (Interlude)

4. All About Ethel/Reductive (feat. Madonna)

5. Furrrr (feat. Slayyyter)

6. Boom Like That (country laptop demo version) 

7. Bears of the desert - leche de los cactus

8. Nikki Lane Interlude

9. Paint My Nails Red White & Blue (feat. Nikki Lane)

10. Yeehaw (feat. Nikki Lane)

11. Tough

12. Fly

13. Summertime (Genwish Version)

14. Blue Skies

15. Take Me Home Country Roads

16. Prettiest Girls in Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane)

17. Breaking My Heart (Valentina Stars)

18. The mean girls remix with Lana Del Rey (included for no reason)

19. In God's Time

20. Zodiac (leaked 2 kbps version)

21. Your Girl (Patrick Warren Fake Mix - Youtube Rip)

19 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I like to compare what other artists are doing at the moment to give me an idea of when things could happen. Many artists are having a short prerelease era (like 5-6 weeks prior to the album): Shawn, Finneas, Billie earlier this year, even Jesse Rutherford. So, if she does release the lead and preorder in early September, an October or early November release isn’t out of the question at all. After US thanksgiving, not impossible but labels are a bit meh because of Mariah season. 

My bets are for the single to be out after her last Ocean Blvd shows, for an Oct 11 or 25 release for Lasso (I didn’t see a « big name » attached yet to those dates). 
But if by October we heard nothing, Im not getting any hopes for a release before 2025

I would actually die for her to release the album after a short preorder without any singles in the rollout, just imagining listening to a new Lana album front to back with each track being a surprise gives me chills. 

I want a single and video before the album, an album trailer, and normal capitalization of song titles

"Don’t forget me"

22 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I want a single and video before the album, an album trailer, and normal capitalization of song titles

Modest King :) but I want the same

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

55 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I was hoping for a Honeymoon type rollout. The delusional side of me says there’s still time for that if she announces soon. I really don’t want a November or December release, though, it’s such an odd time to release an album imo 

she'll get completely overshadowed by the election if she releases in november/december- if this doesn't release september or at the latest early october, i think we're looking at a February release. maybe she doesn't rly care tho so i'll be wrong :crossed:  as long as this DOES get released, i'll be happy, no matter the date. 

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

Let's have a prediction game: if Lasso is a title track - how long it will be and which number track it is?

My bet is 3:24 and track 2. The title is so short that it feels like a short track but I feel like the album will have a huge grand opener ("The Mirror" maybe or something else), so the title track will be number 2.

2.gif

16 minutes ago, Embach said:

Let's have a prediction game: if Lasso is a title track - how long it will be and which number track it is?

My bet is 3:24 and track 2. The title is so short that it feels like a short track but I feel like the album will have a huge grand opener ("The Mirror" maybe or something else), so the title track will be number 2.

I actually think it'll be closer to 5 minutes, perhaps 4:47. I see it in the middle, sandwiched between a few simpler tracks, country bops. I picture it being more of a ballad, or a Fingertips type song that isn't formulaic, has an unpredictable melody. It'll be the only wordy song on the album, as she said in interviews that she wants to write simpler, american songbook esque.

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

5 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

It'll be the only wordy song on the album, as she said in interviews that she wants to write simpler, american songbook esque.

Honestly, I'd hate that. I hope she keeps it all cohesive like, either pop songs or less formulaic ones, maybe even a middle ground but still make them all feel like they belong to the same album (this applies to not only structure, but sound, production...).