Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

My personal theory is the album shifted after the Grammys this year. She recorded Tough soon after and we know from an insider it was being considered as a possible last minute addition to the album. I’m excited to hear from insiders about the writing timeline 10 years from now. 

Tumblr

I have my doubts about this album after today's interview

She just doesn't seem very passionate about it in general

Every other era she'd post various visuals on IG etc, and in interviews she'd talk more about her inspirations and the sound for the album. That is missing this time

And now she's just come out and said to not expect anything very different from everything else she's done

That surprises me because this was touted as a country album

There's so much potential within that genre to branch out and do smthn different so if she thinks this album sounds similar to her other work, then :wtf3:

We'll see but idk

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I have my doubts about this album after today's interview

She just doesn't seem very passionate about it in general

Every other era she'd post various visuals on IG etc, and in interviews she'd talk more about her inspirations and the sound for the album. That is missing this time

And now she's just come out and said to not expect anything very different from everything else she's done

That surprises me because this was touted as a country album

There's so much potential within that genre to branch out and do smthn different so if she thinks this album sounds similar to her other work, then :wtf3:

We'll see but idk

Bae we're talking about the same person that described Video Games and Ride as country songs we're in for something unexpected :wink:

If she's not happy with it can she please rework it or scrap it and come up with something brand new we dont want more of these half assed releases like chemtrails and blue banisters, i miss when her era's all felt different now they just kinda blend together since nfr

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Bonita said:

Bae we're talking about the same person that described Video Games and Ride as country songs we're in for something unexpected :wink:

But she hasn't described anything as anything, and that's my point

Usually she gives some crackheaded rundown on the sound of the album. Like when she said NFR would sound like the Red Hot Chili Peppers :oic2:

Anyway we'll see

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

If she's not happy with it can she please rework it or scrap it and come up with something brand new we dont want more of these half assed releases like chemtrails and blue banisters, i miss when her era's all felt different now they just kinda blend together since nfr

Yes. This.

It's just increasingly wishy-washy, and her comments on this album don't give me much hope

I'd rather wait another 6 months or whatever to get something artistically progressive

She hasn't said (or done) anything to suggest that this album is going to be anything other than more of the same

You can't just do the same thing and call it country

Tough is not country just because she filmed the mv on a farm and wore some cowboy boots

Like is that a microcosm of Lasso or

She's been working on this album for 4 years so I don't think it's going to be half assed (also none of her albums are half assed at all in my opinion.)

It sounds like this Vogue interview may have happened backstage right before she went on and caused the show's delay so it's not surprising that she would have a rushed answer with her head elsewhere if that's the case.

I’ve never heard her being so self-deprecating about a new album. It’s like she struggles to talk about this album in general?

I think in her head this project is already hated (her false memory of the reception to the initial announcement being tepid in February), and so she’s trying to fix that by saying it won’t sound too drastically different from other records of hers?

Kinda bizarre tbh. I don’t think anyone’s forcing her to put this album out if she’s doesn’t want to…

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I kinda think the reason she sounds less confident about this album is because a lot of her fans (more so in the beginning of her announcement) have not loved the idea of her going country. The public perception, especially media in the beginning of her career, have not treated her very well. I think she might be scared how people will perceive it, it’s risky. People now seem like they’ve warmed up to the idea, I think all the other country albums that came out have made it more mainstream. In a way it might help the album

492482-1.png

♡︎

1 minute ago, shadesofblue said:

I kinda think the reason she sounds less confident about this album is because a lot of her fan base (more so in the beginning of her announcement) have not loved the idea of her going country. The public perception, especially media in the beginning of her career have not treated her very well. I think she might be scared how people will perceive it

Its upsetting bc lanas never really done actual country before :( shes done folk but those are different things 

25 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t think anyone’s forcing her to put this album out if she’s doesn’t want to…

Lana if it sucks then keep it, sis

We can wait :agree:

14 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

I think that the question here is that she regrets talking about Lasso on that Pre-Grammy event and now everything related to it is a burden to her :adele:

it was a pretty silly place to announce an album tbh. It was a private event with no regular fans in the live audience who would’ve given her the reaction I think she wanted. 

I think we're kinda overthinking this. There's nothing to indicate that she hates the album. She's never been super talkative about her projects, we got like a few words about OB and then had to wait for months before getting a snippet I don't think it's that serious she's just unreliable.

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

32 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Well I hope there’s multiple cowboys on the album cover

I want multiple cowboys in my alaska size king bed yet we will both probably have to settle for some hipster nonsense.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I find it really funny how Jack said that he’s super excited about Lasso, that they’ve been doing amazing stuff etc and meanwhile Lana is like “yeah sure whatevs” 

46 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I want multiple cowboys in my alaska size king bed yet we will both probably have to settle for some hipster nonsense.

Saddest short story: 

Alaska King Sized Bed. 0 Mileage. 

:trisha: