Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

everyone's hating on tough but i wanted a carefree bop that's more light hearted because if im being honest it feels like i need to be in a certain mindstate to listen to lana sometimes. tough is just not sad and extremely personal and tunnel hasn't been super replayed because i don't always want to be super introspective. sometimes i just wanna vibe. and this is a single but look at watercolor eyes are we not getting somewhere? everyone complained about piano and we didn't have that. if it's a single it'll get neglected , i'm personally an advocate for it being on the album so i have more chances listening to it. candy necklace and a&w are my favs off tunnel and yet i still don't listen that frequently these days, sometimes we can enjoy lighter stuff. 

i don't like quavo rapping

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

5 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

i don't like quavo rapping

mute it /s

fr though i quite liked her collabs on lfl and it takes me back to listening to it on repeat, i think it could fit. maybe it'll grow on you ?

Just now, Eugene said:

A song like Tough doesn't have a "classic country, American, or Southern Gothic" production. So I hope they keep it away from Lasso. :rip:

:true:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

citizens of Lanaboards, I've had access to a few songs of the album and will answer question if you'd like

Out of respect for Lana and her team I won't reveal the full names of the songs but here they are

B*** L*** T*** - this song is an invitiation

L** I* C****** F*** C******* - a weird experimental song, off to the races meets hope is a dangerous thing

S**** G****** E***** - diss track for haters

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

5 hours ago, venice biotch said:
  Hide contents

Zawiera obraz:

DEAD ROSES

Ooooh yess!!

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

1 hour ago, Lasso said:

citizens of Lanaboards, I've had access to a few songs of the album and will answer question if you'd like

Out of respect for Lana and her team I won't reveal the full names of the songs but here they are

L** I* C****** F*** C******* - a weird experimental song, off to the races meets hope is a dangerous thing

1) Bart Lick Tits

2) Lay It Careful, From Cristian

3) Sweet Getaway Empire

Welcome back @lustforlife

1 hour ago, Lasso said:

i’m blurring the lines between real and the fake :meltdown:

however U’d die for Hope x OTTR like tf :trisha3:

1 hour ago, Lasso said:

Bacon Lettuce and Titties?!?! 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

3 hours ago, Lasso said:

Thanks to our dear new insider, I'd like to share my guesses :flutter:

- Blue Lips Teer / Brat Like Tard / Baby Love Talk

- Lie Is Condoms Fuck Cartoons

- Sober Grooves Events

3 hours ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

everyone's hating on tough but i wanted a carefree bop that's more light hearted because if im being honest it feels like i need to be in a certain mindstate to listen to lana sometimes. tough is just not sad and extremely personal and tunnel hasn't been super replayed because i don't always want to be super introspective. sometimes i just wanna vibe. and this is a single but look at watercolor eyes are we not getting somewhere? everyone complained about piano and we didn't have that. if it's a single it'll get neglected , i'm personally an advocate for it being on the album so i have more chances listening to it. candy necklace and a&w are my favs off tunnel and yet i still don't listen that frequently these days, sometimes we can enjoy lighter stuff. 

people just don't get that on here. They'll stan fingertips but they'll dis tough. Everyone wants a fucking masterpiece each time. But what's wrong with a good gym track or track to lift your mood / dance to. 🤷🏻‍♂️

there's a reason why doin' time is the most streamed off nfr. It certainly wasn't the best track.

and let me tell you, without doin' time, nfr wouldn't have been streamed as much as it was. You need radio friendly bops on a record at least for the streams and commercial success. And if you dont like it, skip it.

but it's not like y'all don't skip certain songs on each record anywayzz

long time creating, changing concept towards the end of album process making. i think it's gonna be pretty long album. something around 15-18 tracks. LFL tea.

6 hours ago, Lasso said:

And then u woke up

10 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

If she has the next two singles planned I guess the rollout will be smooth this time too :true:

Unless she releases both next month and it's radio silence until 2025... but I'm not manifesting that into the world :eek:

10 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

manifesting Lasso end of Feb next year <3

8 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Born To Die released in January, so i can see preorder in October for a January release 

This is what scares me with a 2025 release: when will it be out? Labels don’t like to release in January because albums tend to be easily forgotten. February isn’t a big month most of the time. But hey, it’s Lana. Like you said @NikoGo, BTD was released in January and it’s still charting.  Most likely scenario: March (again) for the LP. 
Saddle up, cowpeople, we’ve got a long ride ahead :oprah5:

18 hours ago, Vertimus said:

The Trump thing--"not keen on releasing"--seems bogus to me, and is, I hope.

WHY Lana or any other artist would let that affect their decision about releasing an album of Americana/Country/Standards is beyond me unless it's to make some sort of a hoped-for statement. We're in the midst of an economic crisis, but America is not in a WWII, a Viet Nam, or even the Cold War. That's why America is in such turmoil: it's as if we're all paralyzed by everything that happens or is reported to have happened, part of a domino set that has to be deeply affected by every move, counter move, and comment made in the political arena, the media, and social media. We're surrendering our own personal immediacy and freedom--and doing it willingly--for no good reason, often out of fear and/or for imagined 'brownie points,' PC-ism, Conservatism, Liberalism, Libertarianism, or whatever. We're being manipulated and we're falling for it. 

Lana, you are free! Release Lasso as planned.   

And I do take politics and the state of the world seriously. 

End of rant. 

Well Lana of all the artists is super bothered by critique, it already happened with cocc so it makes perfect sense to me. If anything this info makes me think it might be real

20 hours ago, JinnWithin said:

Hello people of LanaBoards,

I’ve known about this website for a while but this is my first time posting something. Days ago I had the privilege of my life to hear a few songs from Lasso. I sadly can not reveal by which means I got to hear these songs, but I can confirm that the 3 songs I heard sound amazing. 

I can also confirm from my sources that the US Election will have a major impact on when Lana releases some new material. I’ve been told that she’s not really keen on releasing an Americana themed album if Trump wins in November and that she would rather release it in time for summer, however we can not confirm that. 

I got to hear 3 songs from the album, including the intro song she played at her birthday show (that was rumored to be titled “The Mirror”) For the sake of respect I will not reveal the full titles. 

N*****u R***e
    ⁃    It got that country ballad chours like in Country Roads. She mentions the Grammys in here.

L********e
    ⁃    I don’t like comparing songs but this song has that sexy vibe similar to Cherry, Freak, Fishtail. Doesn’t fit the country theme imo. 

T*** C*** ** * M*****e
    ⁃    This is that “The Mirror” song. The version preformed at her show must have been a remixed/extended version bc the ”Past present future I see in you” is more like a post-chours/bridge sung once and the actual chours is very grand. This will be the fan fav I can tell.

Write down your questions and I will do my best to answer them tomorrow. I will be online this week on Tuesday (11 AM ET) and Wednesday (11 AM ET) and after that I will be gone forever.

Jinn 

Darla...?