Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

9 hours ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

When Lana scraps Lasso and replaces it with an experimental/ avant-garde/ musique concrete album with 4 tracks that are 30 minutes each then what :godlaugh:

8 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I love blue banisters I wouldn't mind a blue banisters 2.0

please don't, I just want a normal, coherent album (with 12 to 15 tracks) :pray2:

11 hours ago, trust no terrence said:

guys.. let's be real.. she's playing stagecoach next year and dating.. well.. what are the chances she's being openly anti Trump again? :awkney2:

She’s actually planning on scrapping Lasso if Trump loses because it’s a pro-Trump album and she would be in mourning. 

the weeknd lets fans know he is eager for lasso to drop, cryptically announcing his new album “hurry up tomorrow”, but as we know, tomorrow never came, and lasso will not be out september 2024sddefault.jpg“i just kept hoping tomorrow would be the day lasso dropped, as it’s now september, and i will say this every day of september until the very end” he told us in a recent interview.

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

13 minutes ago, jazzlessbaby said:

So like... No insider at all has heard this album? Anything of it? :lange: Like, I'm unemployed and bored, I need tea! 

I don’t think it’s even been sent for mastering/pressing onto physical media. There’s no way it’s coming before Q2 2025 imo. And I’m sure when someone asks her about why it’s delayed she’ll be annoyed, as if she didn’t say “out in September” 🙃

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t think it’s even been sent for mastering/pressing onto physical media. There’s no way it’s coming before Q2 2025 imo. And I’m sure when someone asks her about why it’s delayed she’ll be annoyed, as if she didn’t say “out in September” 🙃

And that's the one thing I hate - she raises an expectation she can't or doesn't want to live up to when the time arises. :crossed: It's always the insiders that make the pre-releases a bit more bearable.

...and I'm happy for this day

No matter what you say

I don't have to be sad like you

I think the album is probably finished but they don't want to release it around the holiday season or rush the rollout to release it before December.

First single late September/early October and second single + preorder mid November for an early February release would be nice. 

The only counter point I see is that Gaga is releasing in February too but she's the only (relevant) Interscope girlie left other than Lana without a recent album so... they probably have both rollouts somewhat planned already so it's not too close.

Either way I doubt that she has two singles planned without an album in mind (Norman was an outlier... we never had to wait more than 4-5 months from lead to album)

giphy.gif

I don't see an album dropping until April at the earliest. This is just my *personal opinion* but I think she is in the middle of -- and this album will serve to be a bit of -- a reinvention. She reached several more career peaks in 2024 and her fame is at an all time high. Other than the recent BF drama she seems pretty carefree and to be having a ton of fun with her career / in life. She got a lot off her chest with COCC, BB and OB and this new era could be a great chance for her to lean into something completely new. Kind of like when she took on the role as a baddie poet in between LFL and NFR. She should take her time with visuals and let the era breathe. If she hadn't said anything in February we wouldn't even know about Lasso. Until we get an official first single (praying it wasn't Tough) I don't think we've really kicked off the new album era. Hopefully it begins this month or October with single #1 and we can finally get a glimpse of her vision for where she wants to go next. 

Tumblr

what kind of indicator is the stagecoach show though. it's on april. she performed on a lot of shows before nfr as well. idk. but mostly she has performed on festival after the release of the album. the only exceptions are nfr (she toured for summer festivals in 2019 before the release) and also uv and lfl when she was already touring little bit before the album's release but also during the middle of the album release week and after.

2.gif

1 hour ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I don't see an album dropping until April at the earliest. This is just my *personal opinion* but I think she is in the middle of -- and this album will serve to be a bit of -- a reinvention. She reached several more career peaks in 2024 and her fame is at an all time high. Other than the recent BF drama she seems pretty carefree and to be having a ton of fun with her career / in life. She got a lot off her chest with COCC, BB and OB and this new era could be a great chance for her to lean into something completely new. Kind of like when she took on the role as a baddie poet in between LFL and NFR. She should take her time with visuals and let the era breathe. If she hadn't said anything in February we wouldn't even know about Lasso. Until we get an official first single (praying it wasn't Tough) I don't think we've really kicked off the new album era. Hopefully it begins this month or October with single #1 and we can finally get a glimpse of her vision for where she wants to go next. 

I'm praying Tough was the first single. 

Love,  Mariner's, Let Me Love You,  Blue Banisters, Ocean Boulevard.... t's about time we get a BOP as the lead single. This hasn't happen since High by the Beach (10 years)

Fun fact: Tough has already out streamed all of those save for Love and Mariner's on Spotify.

Tough would also be a great indicator of a more melodic/less diaristic direction. And after 3 heaver records and a book of poems back to back, this would be really cool.

Proof: Tough is STILL generating over a millions streams per day (her 5th most streamed song overall). People love it.

She missed out having Say Yes to Heaven as a major. hit on a record, Tough should be on Lasso.

Whatever would be the second single would still sound great, I'm sure. Just like VB followed Mariner's well. Or MTWBT followed High by the Beach. Who cares about the order if the sogns are good.