Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

10 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Gosh reading this thread made me believe I’m the only one excited & happy about this album, even though I don’t listen to country :xgiggle:

Just now, Three White Butterflies said:

im right here babe!! 

Me too. I'm boosted for this era.

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Everything country we got from Lana was so boring and bland :sideeye: and don’t tell me ride or video games is country y’all r delusional. I hope it tanks and interscope makes her do something interesting again

A sentiment not shared. I mean, Lana has had one foot in the country/Americana genre for awhile now. I think Lana is going to kill it with this soundscape.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Just now, Olympia said:

She's probably calling it "Lasso" just like she calls DYKTTATUOB "tunnel". The full name might be another 10 words or so, lol.

The full title might be:

Did you know there was a cowgirl born to die but with lust for life living on the countryside with blue banisters around her ranch playing music to catch boys with a lasso during their honeymoon and they called her UltraViolet for it while Chemtrails clouded the sky over them?

or whatever, lol

Besides it could be just a working title so they took the most country word they could find, lol. 

:brigitte:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

I personally am really excited about this! I’ve been manifesting country for years now, and it looks like she has, too!! :true:

That said, I’m really annoyed that the release date is 7 months away, that makes me feel like it’s not as set in stone as ocean was when she announced it

"Don’t forget me"

I really think the Bazaar December 2023 photoshoot was a first glimpse into the aesthetic for this era. Kind of like the black and white beach photoshoot she did for W Mag before even announcing Ocean Blvd.

Spoiler

lana-del-ray-1-112123-a96eabf77fe84c8498

Lana Del Rey confirms she's single again: My ex had a 'little bubble ego'

Lana Del Rey for Harper's Bazaar December 2023 photographed by Collier  Schorr : r/whatthefrockk

hbz120123wellcoverstory-016-wm-65564518c

Also, the collage for the Hollywood Reporter interview had a little nugget too

Lana Del Rey Talks Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Critics, Waffle House –  The Hollywood Reporter

Tumblr

Just now, Crazy Husband Thief said:

A mix of her two worst albums…good lord!

im-killing-myself-tomorrow-aubrey-plaza.

:sideeye: 

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I personally am really excited about this! I’ve been manifesting country for years now, and it looks like she has, too!! :true:

That said, I’m really annoyed that the release date is 7 months away, that makes me feel like it’s not as set in stone as ocean was when she announced it

True, but might be the time though you need to reserve a vinyl press time slot nowadays, lol. 

It was expensive watch it 

5 hours ago, Elle said:

I swear my personal life has been slowly hinting at this.. in 2022, I filmed nearly every episode of a Country music TV show called Monarch where I worked alongside some popular country artists such as Trace Adkins, Martina McBride, and Little Big Town. Then a couple of months ago, someone I live with bought a speaker and has been blasting country music in the kitchen all day every day (despite my complaints:rip: & then during my New Year's Eve party I hosted last month, one of my best friends who isn't generally interested in country music (he stans Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, and Bruno Mars) revealed that he's become obsessed with Rascal Flatts and kept putting their songs on the party playlist lol. & then of course back in September, I visited Alabama for the first time to see Lana, which in my opinion is the most yeehaw state. My life tried to prepare me for this, so.. I'm ready xx

I randomly met Trace once, he was such an ass. Hopefully you had a better experience.

just woke up to this news, I'm a bit scared, but also I love country and I know she'll make me feel like Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson do, so I'm seated

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

Not sure how I feel about country as I wasn’t the biggest fan of Hey Baby Blue, Country Roads, etc :bebe: hopefully she has some alt country in it akin to Mariners Apartment Conplex/Mazzy Star :true: and I do hope this gets it out of her system :defeated:

sgopYhV.gif

58 minutes ago, Elle said:

Thinking of all the Lipsters who are still snoozing away in dreamland, unaware of the news that awaits them in the morning.. I can already envision them logging onto LanaBoards.com for their daily digest and groggily seeing “Lasso Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024” on their homepage and having to do a double take :sleep: 

IT ME IT ME 🚨🚨🚨

My only worry is that I hope it's not half already known songs... cause what if we get the 2 2018 Jack tracks, the Nikki song(s), Country Roads etc

Unless it's another long album I kinda want all new material (I know I'm spoiled cause we just got Ocean but :hide:

giphy.gif

I love everything Lana does and I’m so excited for different soundscapes and visions but I’m really manifesting some psychedelic/ uv x lfl/ trippy beautiful music 🥹🫶🏼 maybe she will do a double release this year 

honestly do whatever you want lana just don't collab with garbagecan wallen istg it's all I will ask for :awkney:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg