Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the word "Lasso" has multiple meanings here. It looks too simple for an album title.

Lana Del Rey's

Album

Singing
Songs of

Old

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

john batiste interlude is my exception, i usually don't like interludes because they're straight filler or could just be fully-fleshed out songs... but john batiste interlude stands on it's own :true: 

Oh yeah love that one too. That should've been in the Candy Necklace MV too. 

If we're talking about Jon, what are the chances that Jon will produce something for Lasso too? He's not a country musician but with Lana, everything is possible

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

john batiste interlude is my exception, i usually don't like interludes because they're often just filler or could just be fully-fleshed out songs... but john batiste interlude stands on it's own :true: 

i was gonna say exactly the same.. early in the morninggg :dance2:

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Oh yeah love that one too. That should've been in the Candy Necklace MV too. 

If we're talking about Jon, what are the chances that Jon will produce something for Lasso too? He's not a country musician but with Lana, everything is possible

considering how much i love candy necklace, i would be here for it :true: i feel like it could work, it probably won't necessarily sound like country, but in the outro portion of candy necklace when they're singing together, you can hear some guitars, and i feel like it would work alongside more outwardly country-oriented songs :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

considering how much i love candy necklace, i would be here for it :true: i feel like it could work, it probably won't necessarily sound like country, but in the outro portion of candy necklace when they're singing together, you can hear some guitars, and i feel like it would work alongside more outwardly country-oriented songs :true: 

Now I need it :crying5:

url%5D

2 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah, music videos are definitely declining and it shows, but maybe lana is just doing it for her own personal realization idk, i feel that she liked acting on the candy necklaces mv :adele: maybe she should take a bigger step and start acting on real movies :thankyou:

Absolutely! Taylor's doing it, Beyonce's done it, Harry Styles, Ricky Martin...

Pop stars have an expiration date. And while Lana is ever-lasting, diversifying her career would be a smart move.

I also think she has that star persona, old Hollywood glam, and she'd fit in a noir seamlessly. 

She should work with Lynch.

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Let's not fight, right? :oprah3:

I think Henry had a quite a bit of her lower register, so maybe you're right! I listened to Living Legend and I can see some vibes in it similar to Henry!

that’s what got me thinking :oic2:

giphy.gif

I hope she takes advantage of this album era to finally release On Our way, NLMG, Every man gets his wish, velvety crowbar and anything else that has an alternative sound. Very easy to countrify those songs.

58 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

Lana Del Rey's

Album

Singing
Songs of

Old

I wouldn’t be mad if lasso was actually L.A.S.S.O. .. for aesthetic purposes, I think that would look cool vertically on an album cover 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I get the same vibe from the title “Lasso” as I get from Joni Mitchell’s “Blue”. A really simple word that evokes so much. I can see “lasso” being referenced to as a literal object, but representing something deeper. Kind of like how Lana wrote about blue banisters. 

1 hour ago, ultrabanisters said:

noah fence but some of your interpretations of country makes me think some of you will be extremely disappointed when the album comes out :stunned:

when it's gonna be chemtrails but with guitar:hillary:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

Fake Tracklist for y’all cuz i was bored 🤭🤭

1. Intro (Death) /Lasso
2. Western (Interlude)
3. Freeway 
4. Cowgirls 
5. GUN
6. Tommy 
7. Boots and a pair of socks 
8. The Dawn Above The Western Heaven