Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Country roads is just a plain piano, and Henry sounded very simple in its instrumental too. Based on what we’ve heard so far, I doubt we’ll get Kasey Musgraves or The Chicks kind of production. I bet the album will sound very “Lana” with its minimal and/or quiet production.

I'm not feeling another collab album. Ocean Boulevard was chalk full of them, as was LFL.

That being said, if she had Musgraves, Cass McCombs, Dolly Parton and Nicki on Prettiest Girl in Country Music, that would be absolute fire. Bring on all of them imo.

And then imagine if she brought on Orville f-ing Peck, too.

Realistically, though, out of all of those, only Nicki is surefire, just because we know they've been cooking up stuff for ages. I still want Taylor to make an appearance though, and give us her best streamed album since BTD. 

3 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

she’s going to surprise us with lasso, i just know:true: 

Yeah, I'm feeling that too. I don't think it'll go down the path of Chemtrails. It's been in the works for too long, Lana seems to be really enthusiastic about it, and having Jack confirmed and some great cuts (Henry, Prettiest Girl), it does feel like it's going to be a surprise. 

Honestly, guys, I'm stocked. More than I was for OB.

11 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

we need some insider info :adele:

Well take it with a heaping grain of salt but some of the (alleged) insider accounts on X who tease upcoming music are saying Lana is coming very soon with new songS. Not just Blue Skies. Some of these accounts (sorry I don’t have time to get screenshots right now) teased Beyoncé act ii way before last nights announcements. I’m choosing to believe because it’s sort of stagnant currently. 

I wonder if she will post about Blue Skies isn’t it coming Wednesday? 

Tumblr

18 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

If Beyonce can pull a country in her own way, Lana should and can do it too

Lana can have her very own country - which is cinematic, smokey, ambient, chamber even more somber, sultry, psychedelic country

I wonder if "Lasso" will be the opening song. She hasn't done that since Norman, it's time.

Also, I reckon, just like with Beyonce, it will open with full-on benjo.

Another thing I'm thinking, Lasso could be a collab. She hasn't done that since LFL (meaning, title track of the album being a collab). Imagine if she brought on Taylor for this track and dropped it as a first single.  Maybe that's why they're hanging out a lot?

The internet would literally break down.

11 minutes ago, bigspender said:

PLEASE chemtrails part two that’s all i want…

my life would be changed forever 

country mixed with something like white dress yup yup 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I searched "Lasso" keyword here to see what were earliest posts mentioning lasso (the rope) here in context with Lana and I found this post and honestly, I need these vibes :true:

On 8/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, Make me your Dream Life said:

if she goes country can we at least have a moment where she smacks a rival outlaw w a bedazzled lasso rope but silent movie western saloon style in a music video and hot hot cowboys being artfully sensitive around their steeds we can call it devils north (gay) creek

url%5D

20 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

Well take it with a heaping grain of salt but some of the (alleged) insider accounts on X who tease upcoming music are saying Lana is coming very soon with new songS. Not just Blue Skies. Some of these accounts (sorry I don’t have time to get screenshots right now) teased Beyoncé act ii way before last nights announcements. I’m choosing to believe because it’s sort of stagnant currently. 

I wonder if she will post about Blue Skies isn’t it coming Wednesday? 

@hotshot2am did say the one twitter account was reliable!

But I do agree with @littleredpartydress it would be nice to not have so much insider spilling. I don’t mind small things, like when we knew A&W was coming Valentine’s Day, but that’s about as much as I want 

"Don’t forget me"

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

I searched "Lasso" keyword here to see what were earliest posts mentioning lasso (the rope) here in context with Lana and I found this post and honestly, I need these vibes :true:

Oh god don’t do that I just woke up and thought I actually said that. But ya know what why not 

UV/Honeymoon

Manifesting something truly authentic and transcending for Lana. A timeless sound. And nothing like Beyoncé’s effort. I just listened to it and it’s bad, I’m sorry. Idk it just sounds wack to me. Her delivery does not sound country at all. It just sounds phony. The melodies are not good. In with one ear out with the other. Not memorable. No reaction. Milquetoast. I didn’t feel a thing. It’s contemporary in a bad way. The songs has a trendy sound rather than something truly timeless. It just has that sound. The production in particular. Texas giving Kidz Bop and 16 Carriages, the beat sounds like a hip hop song. I don’t like the production on either songs. It did not click with me.

The Henry Come On snippet is much better. I have hopes for Lana. Also, please no features. 12 tracks solo album full of classics, PLEASE.

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I want cute little teases from insiders but nothing too detailed. Just small sparks to keep us hyped and active here :true:

I’d love a relatively spoiler free era, too. If she and her management could just post an official release date I would feel more at ease with the wait. I’m terrified of another NFR situation :toofunny:

Tumblr

31 minutes ago, bigspender said:

more white dress, more title track, more tulsa, more wild at heart, more all of it!!

I mean, everything in Chemtrails except Breaking Up Slowly and For Free :legend:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing