Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

if this collab is for lasso, I don't think it's gonna be anything like old town road. it could go so many ways

for example, when we heard tommy genesis was on ocean blvd I did not expect the track to turn out to be like peppers at all, I was very surprised with how different it was from what I initially thought. which was something more obvious, like old town road when we mention country and rap

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I want this type of vibe for the album cover like id love a campy glam shot thats painted like the Polyester artwork with a really cute retro feminine border like the dolly cover :wub: I see the vision :true:

Spoiler

D3OtX39pUdpNPulANEYss4AVI6uzHm_large.jpgab67616d0000b2739b8538439ab5a1a3ced4243d

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

9 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

if this collab is for lasso, I don't think it's gonna be anything like old town road. it could go so many ways

for example, when we heard tommy genesis was on ocean blvd I did not expect the track to turn out be like peppers at all, I was very surprised with how different it was from what I initially thought, which was something more obvious, like old town road when we mention country and rap

SO SURF ROCK PSYCHEDELIC COUNTRY RAP BLEND @Psychedelic Pussy WE WON

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

49 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

How are DT and TFJ anything close to country or rap, not even speaking of a fusion?

i was talking about vibe, inspiration and spirit of these tracks. like sultry sexy hip-hop beat. but this time with addition of country guitars (if Lasso was going to have hip-hop inspo)

If she is really putting a Quavo song on this album, I could see it being like OB. OB has more slow piano ballads, and the last part has more upbeat songs. So maybe Lasso's first half would be more folk-country, and the other part would be more upbeat, with some country rap and maybe some country pop.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

7 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

If she is really putting a Quavo song on this album, I could see it being like OB. OB has more slow piano ballads, and the last part has more upbeat songs. So maybe Lasso's first half would be more folk-country, and the other part would be more upbeat, with some country rap and maybe some country pop.

inverse lfl :illumilana:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Hopefully this means she scrapped the country album because that was a jump scare

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

Guys, your thoughts, how many cover arts is Lasso going to have?

I think at least 3/4 covers are becoming standard with big albums releases ,so i would expect amazing photos with matching vinyl colors for Lasso. OB had probably her best physicals and i hope her team keep new album on the same level:pray2:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

inverse lfl :illumilana:

:true: I think it would make sense for it to be similar to a country LFL, since she’s been very into the LFL era lately. Maybe she’s trying to do a wider range of country music so instead of just a folky sound, she’s trying to do multiple subgenres of country, going through the history of country music. 
Kinda hoping for not as many collabs though, but I’d be happy with a dolly collab if she does 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

i though we all knew she's already in another era while the current era is still happening. she recorded this song with quavo for ldr14 at the very least

She's crafting her own genre again, think born to die but instead of hip hop and violins it's country and trap beats :trisha3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e