Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I wonder what she will be writing about this era. Lana’s always been emotional with her writing but I feel like COCC, BB, and DYK were all very vulnerable and revealing albums for her. I wonder where she will go from DYK especially since it’s probably her most transparent and straightforward work to date, in the sense that you don’t have to read between the lines too much, she is telling you exactly what is going on. I wonder if that will continue or we will get more beautiful classic sounding songs like TMHCR. Either way I am so excited for Lasso

1 hour ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

I wonder what she will be writing about this era. Lana’s always been emotional with her writing but I feel like COCC, BB, and DYK were all very vulnerable and revealing albums for her. I wonder where she will go from DYK especially since it’s probably her most transparent and straightforward work to date, in the sense that you don’t have to read between the lines too much, she is telling you exactly what is going on. I wonder if that will continue or we will get more beautiful classic sounding songs like TMHCR. Either way I am so excited for Lasso

Tbh I wouldn’t really consider Chemtrails to be very vulnerable or revealing. Only White Dress really feels introspective, the rest feels like very classic Lana writing. That being said, I feel like the writing on Lasso will be extremely similar to that of Chemtrails. Henry Come On feels like it could easily fit on Chemtrails. 

1 hour ago, WaitForLife said:

What If Dolly and Taylor are on the Album?

I don’t think Taylor is plausible. Like they collabed for Midnights, I don’t think they’ll double down so soon. But hey, if it happens, I won’t mind, I like Taylor. 
Dolly would be legendary. Beyoncé is rumoured to have brought Dolly on her album, so I don’t know if it’d be a good idea, to have both « non-country » singers have Dolly on their respective LPs… Then again, I’d be happy if it was the case. 

I would love for Sierra Ferrell to be on this album. Her new album just dropped yesterday and it is straight fire. I would’ve loved for her to shine more in “Prettiest Girl in Country Music” instead of Nikki. She’s Nashville-based and they performed together once already so it’s not outside the realm of possibility. :pray2:

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9