Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

26 minutes ago, Marius said:

I just hope she’s going to explore country music and won’t go into safe and slow sounds :noparty:

Yeah, it would be such a wasted opportunity if she plays it safe. I feel like she has been flirting with country since Chemtrails and now she is finally just going for it so I really hope we get some interesting gorgeous music

Also I still need Old Money Annie Oakley to be a track lol

10 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Yeah, it would be such a wasted opportunity if she plays it safe. I feel like she has been flirting with country since Chemtrails and now she is finally just going for it so I really hope we get some interesting gorgeous music

Also I still need Old Money Annie Oakley to be a track lol

Yes. And Wild One (Country Western Rework)

42 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

As a imaginary PR person, I selfishly want Lana to push Lasso back to next year; I fear Taylor's impending downfall will affect how people receive Lana's next work. Especially since Cowboy Carter came out this year, and I know everyone will be comparing Lasso to it, which will result in another QFTC disaster (and yes, I know Taylor's career has nothing to do with Lana's, but the past few months they've been associated as "mediocre white girl singers" on social media ):eek3:

Taylor has no effect on Lana's career, although i'm sure Taylor wishes she did, bless.

Lana may get comparisons to Cowbored Carter, but i think comparisons will be minor and pointless. Comparisons will mostly be done by the gays on social media, which is ultimately an echo chamber of lisping.

Lana has existed and will always exist in her own lane, no matter how country Beyonce goes or how much Taylor flops with overexposure.

Lasso is still months and months away. Honestly, even if she releases in 2025, she will still get the "comparisons" no matter what because of the current disgusting country boom. 

Yesterday i was at a record store…

i saw an album cover, of an artist i do not really know… but i immediately had to think of lana!

I think it would be really cool if she did something similar for ‚LASSO‘ !!

IMG-6120.jpg

IMG-5840.jpg

9 minutes ago, shapeofmybody said:

i saw an album cover, of an artist i do not really know… but i immediately had to think of lana!

IMG-6120.jpg

Lana with a gun on the cover looking badass would be so camp. It would also cause dumbass controversy, which i love :party:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I just noticed that 

Acclaimed album (NFR) >>> QFTC (mentions camila) >>> COCC (country-ish album)

Acclaimed album (Ocean Blvd) >>> Coachella (brings out camila as a guest) >>> LASSO (Country album)

:pout:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

It's delusional to think we're even getting a glimpse of the era this early in the year, but I'm loving the aesthetic she's been teasing... I was genuinely afraid this was going to be another basic-looking era like Chemtrails, with the obvious country references, girl in the countryside with a flannel shirt... The gothic western look is amazing and I hope hope hope it reflects the music.

59 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

It's delusional to think we're even getting a glimpse of the era this early in the year, but I'm loving the aesthetic she's been teasing... I was genuinely afraid this was going to be another basic-looking era like Chemtrails, with the obvious country references, girl in the countryside with a flannel shirt... The gothic western look is amazing and I hope hope hope it reflects the music.

For once, I am in no hurry for the era to start this early :true: Many of my favourite artists are releasing up to July, and I want Lasso to be a bigger era, so the first songs of it need to be released at a time when they’ll be able to shine (and at a time I’ll be able to enjoy them). 

3 hours ago, shapeofmybody said:

IMG-6120.jpg

Tori Amos is amazing, I highly recommend you check out her music! There's a good chance Lana fans will also be fans of Tori Amos. 

And I agree, I LOVE this cover and a similar kind of thing from Lana would be incredible! I really really want the gunslinging wild west kind of country visuals. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

14 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Taylor has no effect on Lana's career, although i'm sure Taylor wishes she did, bless.

Lana may get comparisons to Cowbored Carter, but i think comparisons will be minor and pointless. Comparisons will mostly be done by the gays on social media, which is ultimately an echo chamber of lisping.

Lana has existed and will always exist in her own lane, no matter how country Beyonce goes or how much Taylor flops with overexposure.

Lasso is still months and months away. Honestly, even if she releases in 2025, she will still get the "comparisons" no matter what because of the current disgusting country boom. 

Lana remains unbothered as she should, doesn’t treat taylor as an inspiration but as a friend purely seems like

taylor now seems like that Mel girl who befriends celebrities for own benefit, but worse cus it’s obvious her work is Ocean blvd Lana coded

and watch Taylor go back to country after Lasso drops :coffee:

59 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

Lana remains unbothered as she should, doesn’t treat taylor as an inspiration but as a friend purely seems like

taylor now seems like that Mel girl who befriends celebrities for own benefit, but worse cus it’s obvious her work is Ocean blvd Lana coded

and watch Taylor go back to country after Lasso drops :coffee:

4 hours ago, shapeofmybody said:

IMG-6120.jpg

it has some of her best songs :dua:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/artist/388-tori-amos/best-songs/

2 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I just noticed that 

Acclaimed album (NFR) >>> QFTC (mentions camila) >>> COCC (country-ish album)

Acclaimed album (Ocean Blvd) >>> Coachella (brings out camila as a guest) >>> LASSO (Country album)

:pout:

so LDRX (lasso) >>> LDR11 (acclaimed album) >>> LDR12 (camila feature) >>> LDR13 (another country album)

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23