Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 11/27/2023 at 7:02 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't like DYKTATUOB 

I just can't get into it

For me it's a wishy-washy blur of vague concepts that don't feel polished

I really like A&W and Peppers, though

Candy Necklace is okay but not amazing 

yeah it feels a little too long to me, it could’ve lost quite a few tracks and been a much better album imo

Spoiler

something like this maybe

1. The Grants
  2. Did You Know….
  3. Say Yes To Heaven
  4. Candy Necklace
  5. Judah Smith Interlude (shortened) 
  6. A&W
  7. Zodiac
  8. Paris, Texas
  9. Grandfather Please…
  10. Let the Light In
  11. Margaret 
  12. Peppers 
  13. Taco Truck 

1 hour ago, Raise Me Up said:

I would have liked all the covers she records/sings live at the moment to have the same sound as blue velvet 

Hot take: Blue Velvet is still one of her best covers

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

I would have absolutely NO issues if she deactivated all of her social media once again... A lot of people behind keyboards are obnoxious, rude, and for a lack of better words dumb!!!

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

4 hours ago, Traveler said:

I would have absolutely NO issues if she deactivated all of her social media once again... A lot of people behind keyboards are obnoxious, rude, and for a lack of better words dumb!!!

I’m gonna go with the opposite, I think Lana should just learn to log off and stop deactivating off and on, it’s unhinged,  girl needs to learn to just Ignore shit it’s part of the Business and focus on the real fans. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

46 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

I think Lana is too smart for the majority of her fanbase, and also too socially unintelligent for the rest of them. I think the people who can relate to Lana the most are 25-50 year old adhd/autistic women 

considering that majority of her fanbase (still) think of her music as drugs and depression sugar daddy music, i'd say you're spot-on :hooker: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m gonna go with the opposite, I think Lana should just learn to log off and stop deactivating off and on, it’s unhinged,  girl needs to learn to just Ignore shit it’s part of the Business and focus on the real fans. 

Im starting to think she was either hacked or Instagram ai deactivated her account from an ai flag. 

You don't really know what happened, and apparently Ben commented on it as well to suggest it was a hack. 

7 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

I think Lana is too smart for the majority of her fanbase, and also too socially unintelligent for the rest of them. I think the people who can relate to Lana the most are 25-50 year old adhd/autistic women 

I can also relate as autistic man

7 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

This is so true, majority of irl fans I know are autistic middle-aged women and boy howdy do they LOVE her (I introduced them all to Lana:hooker:)

I think Lana made some weird decisions with collabs on Lust for Life. I mean, theyre all fine songs in the end, but it all could have been put together better.

I wish Father John Misty could have been on there. He would have managed to make a political song better, and less "only of that specific time".

The Weeknd also could have added way more to the album if he got to use his vocals better, like with an In My Feelings type of song.

And also, I think Groupie Love is really underrated. A$AP is the only collaborating artist on LFL that I don't listen to solo, yet I like his collabs on the album the most.

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I think Lana made some weird decisions with collabs on Lust for Life. I mean, theyre all fine songs in the end, but it all could have been put together better.

I wish Father John Misty could have been on there. He would have managed to make a political song better, and less "only of that specific time".

The Weeknd also could have added way more to the album if he got to use his vocals better, like with an In My Feelings type of song.

And also, I think Groupie Love is really underrated. A$AP is the only collaborating artist on LFL that I don't listen to solo, yet I like his collabs on the album the most.

Wait I can kinda envision Father John in LFL :oic3:

url%5D

11 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

true. and if she gets so bothered she should give the log in to a social media manager and send them selfies to post or something. everyone would win, she wouldn’t be on instagram and we’d still see her. that or just use the sparkle jump rope queen website for that 

11 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I can also relate as autistic man

Yes definitely neurodivergent men too!! 

10 hours ago, notthatdreamy said:

This is so true, majority of irl fans I know are autistic middle-aged women and boy howdy do they LOVE her (I introduced them all to Lana:hooker:)

SAME! Something about her music just hits the autistic brain sooo good lol and I think her behavior is relatable too.. getting constantly misunderstood and misconstrued 

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

And Sean didn’t need to be on the record, he lowkey ruined Tomorrow Never Came 

2 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

And Sean didn’t need to be on the record, he lowkey ruined Tomorrow Never Came 

Kinda agree, I'd like it better as a solo song, but what really ruined the song was Lana's stupid "singing with Sean" lyric

51 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Kinda agree, I'd like it better as a solo song, but what really ruined the song was Lana's stupid "singing with Sean" lyric

Well yes

It could have been a cute little 60s inspired song, it should have had production more like a sadder version of Love

I was listening to NFR the other day (album) and I sort of finally understand what the naysayers mean about the songs 'going nowhere', not that they go nowhere but they kind of stay where they're at (imo) which is not a bad thing at all. I still love NFR (and all of Lana's music genuinely) but I definitely go back to it the least for some reason. I think NFR gives me more positive energy though and lately I've been more in the mood to sulk and listen to Wild At Heart or Kintsugi. But just a random thought I wanted to share