Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i dont care about her studio work anymore and i only care about leaks

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I really worship our elusive siren, but excessive tankers of flowers again (in the booklet) give me pollen allergy. Too busy, cluttered, dappled, patchy, tricked and arabesque-like. Too claustrophobic. It would be refreshing if she continued that oceanic, navy, captain-like, peeping-tom, beach and salty breeze, minimalistic aesthetics, something that softly opens to vast infinity. Or, since she promised surrealism with diamonds in the skies, more exotic, monumental, enigmatic or strange looking plants. Lush underwater bodies, orgy in the cult, rainbow waves, violet haze, optical illusions and neon letters and traces would be a step into yet unknown dreamlands. I wished for psychedelic and unknown over muggy and sticky floral bushes in my granny's garden. They remind me of ornate living wall she wants to surronud herself with, like Norma Desmond in her desolate residency, and become totally invisible, sinked in her own private quicksand of imploding emotions.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I liked Honeymoon, I really liked the rhythms, they were very catchy. But, many lyrics were very cliche and cheesy. I really expected more from her. "Ever since my baby went away it's been the blackest day", "Soft Ice Cream". wtf you have 3029 songs talking about the same and the same and is always the same, it's fucking monotone. I know she's like this, but I mean, she can write another thing. She has the talent to write something else. Like ''This Is What Makes Us Girls" "Carmen", these songs are different. 

The only song that is different from the others is High By The Beach. "You could be a bad motherfucker, but that don't make you a man" When I read that I was like "yas lana, slay, bitch queen".

But anyway, I can't do nothing, I love her and Honeymoon anyway.

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif

Oh god for give me for I'm about to sin in a massive way :crying5:

I really wish Lana would stop covering Nina Simone tracks.She's tried her best covering TOW and DLMBM but it always feels lackluster somehow. IDK those type of songs don't suit her voice at all IMO. I'm also massively put off by the production on both of them aswell....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371