Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 11/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, Super Movie said:

Same here, I love how it's kind of trippy. I've never understood the hate for that song. I literally don't care if it's repetitive, it's fun :grinds:  It makes me feel like I'm floating 

Yes besties! Guns and Roses is amazing. Y'all who hate it live in delusion. :dorothy:

original.gif

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’ve always loved Sad Girl, but I’m really thinking it’s one of Lana’s coolest tracks ever. It’s so underrated and one of her best, actually! Definitely one of my favourites on Ultraviolence.

oh 100%- people complain about the lyrics but her delivery is really the key to this song- plus the instrumentals are so heavenly…the guitar ugh! And those vocal lines…def a standout track.

aOaIzH2.gif

Looking For America is criminally underrated.  

I think it would have been perfect for COCC had we not already heard it as a standalone single. She never got enough hype:xcry:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Looking For America is criminally underrated.  

I think it would have been perfect for COCC had we not already heard it as a standalone single. She never got enough hype:xcry:

I think it fits perfectly as the true closing track for NFR… listening to the album with LFA ending it all made me appreciate the album more. 

14417469274.gif

baffled that such quality writing as in 'text book' can be on the same album as tracks like 'beautiful' and to a lesser extent, 'violets 4 roses' :bebe: i completely understand lana feeling like she needed to address critics regarding their misconceptions and i hope that's the reason for beautiful being as direct and on the nose as it is, but i also hope she never has to write songs aimed at clarifying herself to critics ever again :bebe: 

mUENGN9.png

I recently got UV in the mail so I have a couple of comments. Flipside and Your Girl are not that good. Flipside sounds heavily inspired by Nirvana that it feels like a cover song. I would still sacrifice The Other Woman for Flipside on the album because TOW is boooring af. Your Girl sounds like Guns and Roses when it comes to repetitiveness but I don't see the hate, probably because it's unreleased and not that relevant. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

baffled that such quality writing as in 'text book' can be on the same album as tracks like 'beautiful' and to a lesser extent, 'violets 4 roses' :bebe: i completely understand lana feeling like she needed to address critics regarding their misconceptions and i hope that's the reason for beautiful being as direct and on the nose as it is, but i also hope she never has to write songs aimed at clarifying herself to critics ever again :bebe: 

as lana said 'lets keep it simple babe, don't make it complicated'

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I don't care about repetitiveness. Your Girl, Guns and Roses, Is This Happiness and Angels Forever are some of my favorite lana songs. I think sometimes it even contributes to the song's comfy-ness

'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'

I'll do my best never to turn into something that burns, burns, burns

,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,

guns and roses is so good and so overhated in this fandom for no good reason. the heavenly reverb and bridge send me to another universe, and i love the little storyline of Yayo, G&R and I Talk To Jesus :agree:

Spoiler

those three songs are a trio to me because of the wedding imagery, the homemade yayo music video and motorcycles. i love them so much :trisha:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

24 minutes ago, CampFireSmoke said:

I don't care about repetitiveness. Your Girl, Guns and Roses, Is This Happiness and Angels Forever are some of my favorite lana songs. I think sometimes it even contributes to the song's comfy-ness

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't imo

Works: Is This Happiness, Fine China, Angels Forever

Doesn't work: Guns and Roses, Lust for Life, Brite Lites

Like it just depends for me idk

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

I recently got UV in the mail so I have a couple of comments. Flipside and Your Girl are not that good. Flipside sounds so heavily inspired by Nirvana that it feels like a cover song. I would still sacrifice The Other Woman for Flipside on the album because TOW is boooring af. Your Girl sounds like Guns and Roses when it comes to repetitiveness but I don't see the hate, probably because it's unreleased and not that relevant. 

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

guns and roses is so good and so overhated in this fandom for no good reason. the heavenly reverb and bridge send me to another universe, and i love the little storyline of Yayo, G&R and I Talk To Jesus :agree:

Reveal hidden contents

those three songs are a trio to me because of the wedding imagery, the homemade yayo music video and motorcycles. i love them so much :trisha:

What made me love Lana's songwriting is that it feels like an episode of some series. It's not very abstract and generic like other love or heartbreak songs. That makes me want to listen to the lyrics more and memorize them easily. Heroin and Sad Girl are also the type of songs that sound like an episode or a short movie.