Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Sitar

Lorde

my unsolicited review: that was fun :sluttybunny: 

i totally understand ppl being put off by lorde's ... cynicism(?), given her incredibly privileged position at her age. it's a bit boring to lament about the burden of fame so... early in ur career, esp after a 4 year hiatus lol. it was cool n refreshing to hear the older sound echoed throughout this pop project! but again it sort of bordered on sometimes being a pastiche since there have been SO many legendary experimental psychedelic rock tracks in the past and the sound is well established. but i thought it was pretty fun that the deluxe tracks were more sparkly 90s and y2k rnb in sound, separating them from the rest 

favourite tracks: FALLEN FRUIT miles ahead of the rest (from the nissan to the phantom to the plane is fucking iconic ... or maybe i'm just entranced by a hot guitar solo), california, mood ring, the man with an axe, and hold no grudge

comments on other tracks: secrets from a girl should've been scrapped :smile3: 

mUENGN9.png

ok i finished listening to the whole album

there are a few solid tracks and some decent but overall most songs are extremely repetitive and there's no variety in instrumentation

1 minute ago, ultralife said:

people that stan chemtrails and not this are delusional sorry. it's great

Then I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enjoy this a lot :hype: Stoned and Mood Ring already had me enthusiastic, so :excited: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

smoked while listening and its not clicking for me :awkney: god I want to like it so bad but there's just no variation in the tracks I have no recollection of what I just heard and I was paying attention the whole time :bebe: idk Ill have to listen to it at the beach or something :toofunny:

Spoiler

is that jack screaming MARIJUANA in Dominoes? its a lil cringe imo :awkney2:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

18 minutes ago, ultralife said:

COTCC stands out because of Lana's vocals and her melodies with like the first 6 songs being absolutely no skips imo. Whereas with Solar Power it's really miss or hit and sadly she isn't on pair with COTCC, because the tracks blend in too much. Couldn't she tell Jack to use more variation in instrumentation? Halfway through it gets kinda boring in regards to the production. It's very shallow in general, like idk I don't believe her with whatever she's singing about. 4 years and this is what she came up with? Diasspointed tbh, but that's on me. 

All in all I love Mood Ring, The Fallen Fruit (that guitar solo and bridge (yumm??)), California's chorus and maybe some other songs will grow on me :eartha2: COTCC clicked immediately tho

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

17 minutes ago, ultralife said:

Chemtrails is Lana's worst album, but Solar Power doesn't have standout tracks such as White Dress or COCC. They are much better than anything on here. Critics agree.

Lorde created a parody album and it's not worth the 4 years wait. 

5 minutes ago, lamms said:

COTCC stands out because of Lana's vocals and her melodies with like the first 6 songs being absolutely no skips imo. Whereas with Solar Power it's really miss or hit and sadly she isn't on pair with COTCC, because the tracks blend in too much. Couldn't she tell Jack to use more variation in instrumentation? Halfway through it gets kinda boring in regards to the production. It's very shallow in general, like idk I don't believe her with whatever she's singing about. 4 years and this is what she came up with? Diasspointed tbh, but that's on me. 

All in all I love Mood Ring, The Fallen Fruit (that guitar solo and bridge (yumm??)), California's chorus and some other songs will grow on me :eartha2:

35698-A6-C-D9-C2-4-CDA-9650-47-B811-D7-A

37 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

ok i finished listening to the whole album there are a few solid tracks and some decent but overall most songs are extremely repetitive and there's no variety in instrumentation

Just finished listening to the album. I agree with you on this, it has some good and alright songs but overall little variety in the production which is a shame for me as I'm really tired of Jack Antonoff's recent output :( I enjoyed Pure Heroine and Melodrama a lot more

Mood Ring is the best song in my opinion.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I do enjoy chorus effect on the guitar on songs like Secrets from a Girl and The Path. Most of these songs sound nothing like Lana though lool other than Stoned (which still doesn't really sound like Lana to me, just has the same chord progression) 

sgopYhV.gif