Sitar

Lorde

1 hour ago, Voignamir said:

me hearing about jack in 2017: :party:

me hearing about jack in 2021: :noparty:

litreally stop working with him pls 

I'm so glad both Lana and Taylor have dropped him...(BB and folklore/evermore). The world doesn't need another Antonoff album--after SP--artists should focus on finding some newer talent and giving a chance to less established producers!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

this sounds like something straight off sling i literally thought it was clairo jack is fucking awful

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I cannot un-hear Wild at Heart. Lyrically, it’s great. I wish Jack would try new things though. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Melodrama, Masseduction, NFR and Folklore were the peak of Jerktonoff's production 

I keep forgetting that Jack helped produce 1989.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

why do these hags keep going back to him like he isn't the only producer in the industry its getting weird

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

why do these hags keep going back to him like he isn't the only producer in the industry its getting weird

He’s like the local bike being tossed around…he’s got so worn out 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

so jack plays instrumentals and chords or whatever for these girls and they genuinely say “ok this is a song I want on my album, I want to sing over this song” or he plays a production concept on a song they write together and the girls are just ok with the final product? how is this possible. even if people like the melody and find the song cute, surely everyone agrees so much more could be done production wise to improve the song

TLDR how do these industry heavyweights let jack fool them into thinking his music is good omg

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

It's funny how Olivia Rodrigo's 'Deja Vu' sounds more like a Lorde song than Lorde herself in this two new songs. 

I do like this new single, mostly the lyrics, but damn, this is a very underwhelming comeback. 

Back when Pure Heroine was released, I remember many people saying that she is the new alt pop darling, the new Björk, the most original artist of the generation... Then Melodrama came and while I love it so much, is clear she went for a safer and more commercial route. 

Now this... 

Jack should stick to either Lana and or Taylor, but now he is making all the alt pop girls sound the same. 

Whats next? Billie Eilish? MARINA? Charli? 

What's sure is Phoebe Bridgers may be next, I pray God she sticks with the same producer of her album 'Punisher' . 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Well, it’s not an easy task, to be a female singer - composer, in a male-dominated industry, where girls are asked all the time to do what a man thinks is right for a song. Jack is one of the few that isn’t like that and all the girls he worked with said he was easy-going. I guess that’s why he is behind every “popish” female act these days. But I must admit that the most original album he put out this year was Daddy’s Home. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Well, it’s not an easy task, to be a female singer - composer, in a male-dominated industry, where girls are asked all the time to do what a man thinks is right for a song. Jack is one of the few that isn’t like that and all the girls he worked with said he was easy-going. I guess that’s why he is behind every “popish” female act these days. But I must admit that the most original album he put out this year was Daddy’s Home. 

Someone was hating on this Lorde song & There was a quote from Lana saying he lets her pick the genre and does whatever she asks him to do and someone tweeted it saying “he just does the genre the girls ask him to, blame Lorde not Jack” and someone responded “why does every girl ask him to do the same boring genre then” and like yeah. why are they all asking for the same thing idgi lol. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Another underwhelming track.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Someone was hating on this Lorde song & There was a quote from Lana saying he lets her pick the genre and does whatever she asks him to do and someone tweeted it saying “he just does the genre the girls ask him to, blame Lorde not Jack” and someone responded “why does every girl ask him to do the same boring genre then” and like yeah. why are they all asking for the same thing idgi lol. 

?‍♂️ 

Totally agree with you that folksy is beginning to sound everywhere. Has the pandemic inspired ALL the girls to be introspective with minimal production?!? 

Nothing personal, but I find it a little funny that so many “claimed” this song when she posted the tracklist and are now shitting all over it :oic2:

(and hey, it happens all the time, I really liked the Dance Till We Die title on Chemtrails and it’s really not my fave out of the bunch. I just hope Oceanic Feeling serves)

To discuss about her latest email:

I find it interesting that Lorde started to feel insecure about her place in the music industry or the prospect that she’s losing touch. Because her living in NZ in peace away from the fame and taking time to craft her music are all deliberate choices she’s made and emphasized.

I love that her favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio. It’s mine too :candy: