Beemo

Grimes

On 1/29/2022 at 6:48 AM, Gentleman said:

She could've done some sort of expanded editions with Halfaxa, Visions and Art Angels, including all the bonus tracks that were released except on streaming (Heartbeats, Ambrosia, Angel...)

Angel and Heartbeats are in my top 5 Grimes songs. Ambrosia is also a perfect example of how ~strange and unusual~ her music used to be 

I hate to say it but I truly don't know why people praise Art Angels so much :bebe: over the 4? years I've been listening to Grimes I've tried to like it so much and I just find all the songs to sound so dated and generic? idk it's just not my fav type of pop :toofunny: also such an outlier in her discography I think there was something shitty in the 2015 Canadian water or something idk I'm not a scientist 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

6 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I hate to say it but I truly don't know why people praise Art Angels so much :bebe: over the 4? years I've been listening to Grimes I've tried to like it so much and I just find all the songs to sound so dated and generic? idk it's just not my fav type of pop 

There's the answer :cryney: but it's fine, in the end it's all subjective. At least I can say ALL of Grimes albums have been good. Different from many singers who clearly have good and bad albums.

--------------

Anyways, ranking albums I guess :agree: 

Art Angels = Halfaxa > Visions > Miss Anthropocene > Geidi Primes > Darkbloom

Predicting Book 1 to be with MA tbh. And shoutout to Feyd Rautha Dark Heart, Zoal Face Dancer, Avi and Caladan from GP, true bops :bop: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

sorry but don't understand people who love art angels but not miss a? miss a is so hypnotic, full of bops, some of her prettiest vocal melodies imo. love the heaviness of it. also an interesting concept album tho more so in theory that execution (the actual songs didn't seem to tell the story of the concept).

visions was my first and prob will always be my first fav grimes album...those melodies destroy and i love the production. re new stuff i'm not feeling POG or SE but every album since visions has one or two songs i don't care for so i'm still hopeful. never spent much time w halfaxa or GP (listened a few times but nothing much stuck w me).

aOaIzH2.gif

Her pre Visions stuff will always be bad to me. Visions was a crazy improvement from Halfaxa/Geidi Primes tbh. Her pre Visions music is a mess to me. I get that part of the appeal is that it's a rougher more lofi sound but that doesn't make it good or artistically superior in any way imo. An album like Art Angels is far more impressive & interesting on a creative level to me than an album like Halfaxa. I also think Oblivion , Genesis and Be A Body strongly outshine the rest of Visions, altough I do love Visions as a whole.

qfrWuBl.png

14 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

Her pre Visions stuff will always be bad to me. Visions was a crazy improvement from Halfaxa/Geidi Primes tbh. Her pre Visions music is a mess to me. I get that part of the appeal is that it's a rougher more lofi sound but that doesn't make it good or artistically superior in any way imo. An album like Art Angels is far more impressive & interesting on a creative level to me than an album like Halfaxa. I also think Oblivion , Genesis and Be A Body strongly outshine the rest of Visions, altough I do love Visions as a whole.

i feel the same way. Loved visions and any music she released after that (especially Miss A). Hate anything she released before Visions lol

Miss Anthropocene is currently her best album :ma:

Also did everyone see the vinyl me please reissue of visions?

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/grimes-visions

15 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

Vanessa & it’s video though :crying5:

IMG-3521.jpg

On 1/30/2022 at 3:46 PM, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Vanessa & it’s video though 

I haven't gotten into her other pre-Visions stuff yet but Vanessa is amazing. I was obsessed with that song years ago:legend:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

19 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I haven't gotten into her other pre-Visions stuff yet but Vanessa is amazing. I was obsessed with that song years ago:legend:

She literally reinvented laptop demo and transcended it :legend:

I started with Visions too. I have to dive into her work before that because Vanessa sounds heavenly. It's weird and etheral, I love it.