Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

1. Your On Your Own, Kid 

2. Anti-Hero 

3. Maroon 

4. The Great War 

5. Bejeweled 

6. Karma 

I love this album way more than rep or lover, and I can’t even compare it to folk/more bc it’s so different. It literally sounds like an after party at midnight. 

5/6 are in my top too, twins 😭 I literally have no idea how I’d order them… maybe

1. Anti-hero

2. Karma

3. You’re On Your Own, Kid

4. Bejeweled

5. Maroon

I was soooo nervous for Karma after seeing people tweeting the lyrics but it fits the melody (which requires short syllables) so well and is total ear candy 😭 campy queen

3 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

5/6 are in my top too, twins 😭 I literally have no idea how I’d order them… maybe

1. Anti-hero

2. Karma

3. You’re On Your Own, Kid

4. Bejeweled

5. Maroon

I was soooo nervous for Karma after seeing people tweeting the lyrics but it fits the melody (which requires short syllables) so well and is total ear candy 😭 campy queen

Karma shot up my list so fast. I can't wait to blast that in my car, windows down, wind in my hair. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I also did lmao:

taylor-swift-midnights-mahogany-3-am-edition-hq-remake.png

I love you forever

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Okay so I haven't finished listening (lmao I've heard only the first 5 tracks) but I don't hate it? i know the lyrical blandness is very evident at times, but I actually enjoy the songs nonetheless. And Snow on the Beach was better than I remembered :wowcry: still not excellence, but way better than my first listen.

I'm hopeful for the other 16 songs.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, letterblue said:

fearless and eversnore aka deflated folklore or folklore: the b sides or folklore (expanded deluxe edition) are WAYYYY too high on this list.

Fearless is amazing! Taylor’s Version really shows the maturity hidden in that album. 

Jump Then Fall, Fearless, The Way I Loved You, The Best Day, Come In With The Rain, The Other Side Of The Door, Forever & Always Piano Version… I love Fearless so much, it makes me so happy nfjdjd

evermore also means a lot to me. I find it better content wise to folklore, but folklore is easier to listen to. I find myself going to evermore less frequently but when I do I appreciate the excellence and craft behind almost all the songs! I don’t like Happiness and No Body No Crime tho.

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

42 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i am so tired today i got an hour of sleep :defeated: sleepless nights indeed. what kind of sadism

Same, I hardly slept last night either. Struggling through work right now :-/

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

just a post about midnight's rain.... wow such a depressing and nostalgic track, its so theme-essential on this album, and it seems like the darkest part of the record ending the a side, just like the darkest hour before the dawn thing, i think many dont really put that much attention on it, but its really right there for me... maroon aka another great hit shares the similar vibe too...

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

12 hours ago, Mer said:

holy fuck these new songs are so sad did she break up with joe? 

They were literally all smiley out furniture shopping the other day, idk why she's so emo on her recent albums :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

So, my thoughts after the first listen of Midnights: 

1) Maroon

2) Lavender Haze

3) Vigilante Shit

Just know that it's the first time I ever listened to a Taylor Swift album and just know like 3 songs from 2012:omfg2:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Well it was really unexpected,

plus it’s 7 tracks, some produced by Aaron Dressner. Imagine if Lana, during UV era, had dropped the album… and put out 8 scrapped tracks like Your Girl, Fine China and Fucking Yes to Heaven, a day later or on release day. We would have lost our minds. 

I feel like she was always going to release a deluxe, but she spun it into another marketing thing to get more attention. She’s clever like that, always had her head screwed on as a business women.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

I feel like she was always going to release a deluxe, but she spun it into another marketing thing to get more attention. She’s clever like that, always had her head screwed on as a business women.  

its called prospect theory and i love it

image.png

19 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

So, my thoughts after the first listen of Midnights: 

1) Maroon

2) Lavender Haze

3) Vigilante Shit

Just know that it's the first time I ever listened to a Taylor Swift album and just know like 3 songs from 2012:omfg2:

Reputation is one of the best albums of 2017. That was when she switched me from hater to casual fan. But I was OBSESSED with that album. It’s her best.

Just now, Veinsineon said:

Reputation is one of the best albums of 2017. That was when she switched me from hater to casual fan. But I was OBSESSED with that album. It’s her best.

LWYMMD is one of her worst songs, a career dud or mistake if you will :toofunny: i'm shocked to hear that reputation is someone's favorite. what's your top three from that album?

just coming to say that im not a taylor fan but the line in karma with the " Karma is a cat
Purring in my lap 'cause it loves me " is insane and wow. i've only listened to this one song at the coffee shop i was at this morning but i kinda want to listen to the rest of the album now. someone on reddit says she seems more self aware on this album ? but honestly the only album of hers i listened to in full was rep and i was kinda disappointed 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif