Sign in to follow this  
Platinum Greenwich

Your most fondly remembered leaks?

Insofar as a leak can be remembered fondly, of course :delish: Rebecca doesn't count tbh :toofunny:

I'll always remember the .zip that leaked containing Moi Je Joue, among other tracks ... I think I had a religious experience when I listened~ :crying5:

Delicious gets a special mention for being the first leak I can remember since I became a fan -- but GBA came out around then as I recall, so maybe that counts instead :creep:

rihKQ8M.gif

dum dum for sure. it leaked around feb/march '12 and leaks weren't that big around that time. i got so excited when i saw it on danny's channel because we had a snippet for ages and then it finally leaked! 

4r9w86.jpg

Never Let Me Go.

I remember exactly what I was doing when it leaked, in April or May 2012 (I think).

My class (sophomores) were taking a state issued test that day and I remember checking LDRFM to see if anything new was going on. Well, I checked again an hour or two into the test and Never Let Me Go had leaked. I had to hurry up and download the song so I could hear it right after testing was over and I was so nervous. I was literally listening to it for the next few class periods of school that day.

If I had been caught using my phone during the test then it would have been voided and I'd have to come back in summer to redo the test. The things I do for Lana<3

Also the October 2012 TinyChat leak of Moi Je Joue, Last Girl On Earth, Butterflies, Push Me Down, Live or Die, and I Don't Wanna Go. Methamphetamines and Prom Song leaked around then too, earlier that day. Those tracks are all superb, not to mention the countless videos leaked that day.

i was in the wilderness for 3 week this summer and a bunch of stuff leaked when i was gone (black beauty, maha maha, etc) and i came back and found out and i was sooooooo happy. otherwise, i never used to really keep up with leaks. i would discover them like long after they leaked

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Prom song (gone wrong) and Live or die. When they first came out, they didnt stop playing tbh, and it was maybe winter 2012? Couldnt tell you, but Prom song always reminds me of christmas lmao, probably why i still love it  :flutter:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I wasn't around when "Dum Dum" leaked, but that's the song that got me into Lana fanboards in May 2012! Soon after, Sirens leaked and that was terribly exciting. But probably "Serial Killer" leaking that summer was the high point for me.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I remember when the full version of Damn You leaked...I was like THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!! :defeated:  Because the 30 sec snippet was even my ringtone and I just listened to it all the time over and over, just waiting and wishing for it...and then it happened! And I just listened to it over and over again and it was so damn good. And Hollywood's dead came alongside it, such a solid track :)

And let's not forget the beautiful drama which happened around Black Beauty and the rest of the songs leaking. :creepna2: 

I mean, I had to go to GGD for a download link everyone was acting so weird! Those were nice summer days

Way back, when The Man I Love was released as a part of that mixtape. I was on vacation at the time and didn't have my own computer or anything to download it with and put it on my phone, so I literally heard it once and then spent the next 3 days waiting eagerly to get home and get that song! It was sooo goood! I still love it. :delish:

Prom song (gone wrong) and Live or die. When they first came out, they didnt stop playing tbh, and it was maybe winter 2012? Couldnt tell you, but Prom song always reminds me of christmas lmao, probably why i still love it  :flutter:

What on Earth is your signature?

The guy is so hot but not. He's awesome in the last gif.

Oh yes the secrecy of LDR.FM section :flutter:

Driving In Cars for me. It was right near the beginning after Video Games and it was crazy because I didn't expect her to have any songs like that

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

When I went on youtube, randomly searched for Lana, and Cereal Killer came up... Heavenly!

When I went on youtube, randomly searched for Lana, and Cereal Killer came up... Heavenly!

HAHA! I'm hungry, can you tell?  :giggle:

1olt2g.jpg

God well Sirens was a shock to the system but as well as that remember when Serial Killer, Go Go Dancer, Summer of Sam and Ghetto Baby all leaked? I really remember that because I'd recently got an iPod so it was around then when I was organizing my whole collection properly. 

Also, I remember a lot of BTD demos were leaking around spring/summer of 2012, it was then when we started getting leaks really rapidly. Also a bit before that when stuff like the No Kung Fu EP, Match Made in Heaven, Dum Dum and that stuff were leaking which was when I sort of became a stan rather than a fan since late 2011 when I never really followed stuff like Hundred Dollar Bill, Trash Magic, Money Hunny etc leaking but those songs hold a special place in my heart because they were the songs that really got me into Lana  :sadcore2:

I love this thread, the nostalgia is killing me  :defeated:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Dum Dum

Perfection. 

Heavy Hitter

Remember when some people thought it was called 'Heavy Hitler'? Good old days.

This is What Makes Us Girls (demo)

I even made a music video for it, but vimeo deleted it after five days.

When Born To Die (album) leaked in January 2012! I remember putting the whole album on my iPhone before school, not expecting it to be as amazing as it is, and loved it from start to finish! Born To Die (song) was the only Lana song I heard of. And I had barely heard it for the first time the night before!

Oh and Pin Up Galore's leak was a fond memory of mine. I remember it leaked not long before I visited the USA and I had it stuck in my head for the whole time and I just felt so close to Lana listening to it at night in New York, like I could really feel Lizzy's pain in her voice, the live version too, it was like going back in time a little bit to when she was singing in dark, little venues hidden in NYC   :sadcore3:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif