lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

On 12/21/2023 at 11:53 PM, PARADIXO said:

Fantano is mostly a great critic. He doesn't follow what major publications are doing. 'The Record' isn't even on his top 50 albums of the year, while Ocean Blvd is top 10.

*side-eyes you*

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

My feeling is that Born To Die and Ultraviolence were more a product of the music industry and not Lana's actual vision (which was included, but ultimately the labels decided a lot of things, especially in terms of production). There are many, many good (and better) songs that didn't make it onto these albums. But in the end these two albums have contributed a lot to Lana's popularity and are an important source of income. I guess Honeymoon was the first album where Lana was able to make more of her own decisions and shape it according to her own ideas.

Nevertheless, Fantano's reviews were way off the mark and too harsh.

fantano is literally just a white, bald guy it's crazy how so many people look to him for validation on if they can enjoy an album or not. can't relate, i use my brain to create my own thoughts and conclusions on media i consume :dancedy:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

Pretty sure they edited Cruel World for the Japanese CD release. Something in the vocal sounds different especially around 4:10 on my CD rip

Can you please upload it somewhere?

Realising this might be against the rules, so don't do that, but I'd be interested to hear even a 30 second clip with the part you think sounds different, to know whether it's worth getting my fifth copy of the album.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

24 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Pretty sure they edited Cruel World for the Japanese CD release. Something in the vocal sounds different especially around 4:10 on my CD rip

oh yeah lana had to change it because Japanese people have different hearing system so they hear sounds differently (i would know i’m 0.00000000001% Japanese)

4 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Can you please upload it somewhere?

Realising this might be against the rules, so don't do that, but I'd be interested to hear even a 30 second clip with the part you think sounds different, to know whether it's worth getting my fifth copy of the album.

Do you not have a copy of the album that has flipside on it then?

17 hours ago, Party Favor said:

fantano is literally just a white, bald guy it's crazy how so many people look to him for validation on if they can enjoy an album or not. can't relate, i use my brain to create my own thoughts and conclusions on media i consume :dancedy:

PERIOD :hype:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

On 12/23/2023 at 2:46 PM, bluechemtrails said:

the fact that scrapped SYTH would be the third most streamed song from the album on Spotify, and that not even after a year

fortunately this is not the case, the rest of the album is worth much more than syth, I think that if syth would have been released in UV, the rest of the album would have rather been forgotten by locals

5 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

fortunately this is not the case, the rest of the album is worth much more than syth, I think that if syth would have been released in UV, the rest of the album would have rather been forgotten by locals

:true:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

Do you think we'll get a "Ultraviolence: 10th Year Anniversary" reissue this year? I have zero hopes considering she didn't do shit for "Born to Die" (her most mainstream album; it would have made more sense).

But, this record is also one of her defining moments in her career (next to "NFR!" and more recently "Ocean Blvd)". It's such a milestone in her story. Not aknowledging it would be such a missed opportunity.

Maybe she doesn't like deluxe/re-editions anymore. Considering she scrapped the alleged "Lust for Life" post-release EP. Perhaps she didn't think it was necessary to do a 10th year "Born to Die" edition considering it has gotten enough recognition?

But can you all imagine, "Ultraviolence" (10th Anniversary Edition). What a concept. The perfect opportunity to finally release "Flipside" and "Is This Happiness" (and scrapped songs on streaming services). Maybe even a brand new cover with a Neil Krug never-seen-before picture, brand new vinyls variants, all the good stuff.

CD1

01. Cruel World

02. Ultraviolence

03. Shades of Cool

04. Brooklyn Baby

05. West Coast

06. Sad Girl

07. Pretty When You Cry

08. Money Power Glory

09. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Black Beauty

13. Guns and Roses

14. Florida Kilos

15. Is This Happiness [finally released worldwide as a bonus track + streaming services]

16. Flipside [finally released worldwide as a bonus track + streaming services]

CD2 (*)

01. Say Yes to Heaven (**)

02. Fine China

03. Your Girl

04. Angels Forever

05. Pink Champagne

06. Dragonslayer

07. Cult Leader

08. Elvis [Rumored final version]

09. Lake Placid

10. Madly

11. Earthquakes [Final version]

12. Driving in Cars With Boys [2014 Version]

13. I Talk to Jesus [Dan Auerbach version]

(*) — I threw the bunch of outtakes from that era in no specific order, so pardon the disjointed tracklist. I didn't know if it'd be a good idea to add the bonus songs right after the main album. It looks kind of cluttered, so I thought that maybe a second CD would be better, especially for vinyl releases and stuff. 

(**) — I know "Say Yes to Heaven" was released as a stand-along single, but her team considers it part of that era, since the 7" Picture Disc vinyl used a Neil Krug photo from that era + adding "Black Beauty" as a b-side.

Conclusion:

Fan fiction and delusional thinking aside, I don't think she'd do anything, I bet it must probably take a lot of work, but considering she most likely won't release an album in 2024, maybe the "Ultraviolence" reissue album wouldn't be a bad idea. At least she could release it as a digital-only edition on streaming services, which is what some of her peers have done for their 10th anniversary re-releases. 

16 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Do you think we'll get a "Ultraviolence: 10th Year Anniversary" reissue this year? I have zero hopes considering she didn't do shit for "Born to Die" (her most mainstream album; it would have made more sense).

CD2 (*)

01. Say Yes to Heaven (**)

02. Fine China

03. Your Girl

04. Angels Forever

05. Pink Champagne

06. Dragonslayer

07. Cult Leader

08. Elvis [Rumored final version]

09. Lake Placid

10. Madly

11. Earthquakes [Final version]

12. Driving in Cars With Boys [2014 Version]

13. I Talk to Jesus [Dan Auerbach version]

This is my dream :toofunny: Her UV era unreleased are her best too imo. I kinda had a similar thought of her doing something like this.  I’ll never understand why she doesn’t just release a good chunk of her unreleased. They’re just sitting there, might as well give the people what they want & actually profit off it. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Florida Kilos should have a been a smash hit :oprah3: THE BOP THAT THAT SONG IS :dance2::dance4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: