SarcasticBeauty

Florida Kilos

8 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I've heard it was for Spring Breakers, which makes sense considering Harmony Korine co-wrote the song

i googled the movie and found out it's from 2012/2013, so maybe the song is from 2012? :illumarina: but Auerbach has also credits and he met Lana in late 2013/early 2014, so idk

url%5D

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

i googled the movie and found out it's from 2012/2013, so maybe the song is from 2012? :illumarina: but Auerbach has also credits and he met Lana in late 2013/early 2014, so idk

it was for the planned Spring Breakers sequel

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

which one is it?

white lines, pretty daddy, goes skiing 

you snort it like a champ, let the winner, winner in

white lines, pretty daddy, gold skin

white lines, pretty daddy, goes kid

you snort it like a champ, let the winner, winner in

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

which one is it?

I hear gold skin. Goes with the opening line “white lines, pretty baby, tattoos”

whatarecoloris.jpg

On 8/30/2023 at 3:11 PM, 111 said:

it's one of these, it's hard to know for sure if she says the T silently on purpose in winter or if she is just saying winner but both of these make sense with the song unlike the nonsensical lyric that's being pushed which makes no sense in context (like the winter we're not in). but this time i really don't have the patience to teach context and structure of lyrics to annoying and rude af people on the internet who write paragraphs trying to discredit and attack others because of their own personal projections, lack of knowledge (Apple Music is not official for Lana, some artists submit their lyrics to Apple Music but not her so they pull whatever lyrics they can find from Genius/online) and whatever mental health issues they got going on underneath all that craziness that i want nothing to do with.

oh and also having the stems is a big help! but what do i know? no amount of evidence or common sense can help people who can't accept that they are wrong and need a check-up with their ears... 

https://krakenfiles.com/view/AzHe2C3nNK/file.html

It sounds like 

"Love the winter we're not in"

and yes, if you knew the English language well enough it DOES make sense.

She says she loves the winter, although there is no winter in Florida cause it's always hot. Since they're snorting cocaine it's winter for them. "Let the winter, winter in" is just not something Lana would do from a songwriting perspective. Not only does it sound dumb, she just doesn't just repeat the same word like that to fill a few beats.

18 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

you snort it like a champ, love the winter we're not in

See above for context explanation.

love the winter we're not in :flop: ijbol

whatever you say girl, if you hear the word "let" and think it sounds like "love" then i don't think i'm the one who needs english lessons

20 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

which one is it?

20 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I am a go skiing (or go ski it) / let the winter winter in believer cause it makes sense w/ the skiing line :hair:

20 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

That's my conclusion after listening to all the live performances.

18 hours ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

I hear gold skin. Goes with the opening line “white lines, pretty baby, tattoos”

slowing down the vocal stems and listening to all the live performances, go skiing is the one. every time she says it in an elongated (two syllable) way that someone wouldn't say skin as which is just one syllable. she wouldn't accentuate or elongate that word like that if it was "skin". i was also unable to hear "-ld" as it would be on 'gold' on the vocal stems, definitely no "L" or "D" there no matter how many times i loop that part. she's also directly talking to this pretty daddy (YOU snort it like a champ on the next line) so it makes sense for her to be saying YOU go skiing, not pretty daddy goES skiing. she is telling him to go ski those white lines, snort them up, let the winner in. https://youtu.be/Y4OuV0j6DHQ?t=95

this is minor but it's "dance that night away" not "dance the night away" 

10 minutes ago, x VB said:

But is she singing "that's how we do it bae/babe"? cause I keep reading "that's how we do it like" online

definitely not bae/babe 

16 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

all of the discourse surrounding florida kilos' lyrics just makes me want to listen to it :bop: 

it deserved to be on the UO color vinyl repress tbh. I understand they wanted to keep it true to how it was originally released in 2014, but I would’ve loved if the repress had the deluxe version + Flipside and Is This Happiness on it somehow…

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

white lines pretty baby go skiing,

you snort it like a champ like the winter we’re not in

the lyric white lines is enough proof to know it’s about cocaine. some ppl call coke snow.

florida never snows or rly has winters, so that’s the whole “like the winter we’re not in” line