ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Sad Girl is beautiful (in my opinion it's one of the worst songs on UV, but no less beautiful)

I hope Lana abandons co-writers for the next record. People always use Justin Parker and Rick Nowel's credits as an excuse to say "she doesn't even write her own songs she's not a real artist"

Imagine if her next record was her most lyrically beautiful yet, and those middle aged assholes didn't hog any credit on the booklet :byeh8rs:

Sad Girl is beautiful (in my opinion it's one of the worst songs on UV, but no less beautiful)

I hope Lana abandons co-writers for the next record. People always use Justin Parker and Rick Nowel's credits as an excuse to say "she doesn't even write her own songs she's not a real artist"

Imagine if her next record was her most lyrically beautiful yet, and those middle aged assholes didn't hog any credit on the booklet :byeh8rs:

I hate that stupid criticism. Every co-writer she has worked with has noted that she is very demonstrative about what she wants and they typically just supply the musical composition or instrumentals for the sound she has crafted. I think she's too generous with credits sometimes.

Co-writers dont always mean that they've had a huge impact. They would be on the writing credits if they even tell her to change 'fire' to 'rage'. Like Lana might write the whole song and they say change a line and bam they get writer's credit.

I'm fine with her co-writers. They just should change the choruses up. Obviously they have the ability.

Y'all comment about how repetitive Sad Girl is but do you guys forget Pretty When You Cry? Ultraviolence?

Those are a perfect example of repetitive chorus that don't bother me .. Pretty When You Cry is so beautiful ... And Ultraviolence gets repeated a few times but then features sentences like "I can hear violins / he hit me and it felt like a kiss". I don't know, I love those songs. The Summertime Sadness comparison made earlier is a very clever one, I didn't even think about it cause I love that song so SO much ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

PWYC is repetitive lyrically and melodically. Don't tell me it doesn't sound similar to "his Bonnie on the side, Bonnie on the side" from Sad Girl.

Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby, Shades Of Cool, West Coast, Florida Kilos, these are the least repetitive and most varied choruses on UV. The rest feature varying levels of repetition, on a scale of Guns and Roses to Sad Girl.

Lana has mentioned coming up with melodies and then someone else creating chords and such for it. Pretty clearly cowriting (And they supply "just" the musical composition? That's arguably the most important part of songwriting).

In any case cowriting is so common nowadays I don't think anyone can "fault" her for that. And the insecure should be happy to know about Lana's early songs like Axl Rose Husband that show her lyrical creativity on her own.

I think Sad Girl is such a grower. When she sings 'I'm a sad girl, I'm a sad girl, I'm a bad girl' over and over it sounds like she is trying to convince herself even more of it, the way she intoned makes as complex for me as a more elaborate chorus.

8 months constantly listening to Ultraviolence and I got to say that Sad Girl is the best song on the album.

That's a bold statement. I'm unsure which song I feel is ultimately the best from UV but for me, it would not be Sad Girl.

I don't get the hype for this album. Yes I'm glad she's working on new music for us and all but I'm not that excited for this.

Well, sinc ewe have NO visual or sonical clue, there is not much hype you could feel anyway ^^

I don't get the hype for this album. Yes I'm glad she's working on new music for us and all but I'm not that excited for this.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!