LDRO

Instagram Updates

The only part that I didn’t like about her statement was the fact that she pointed out that she wasn’t a feminist and then asked for a place in feminism

except she did not do that. double negation.

image.png

Y'all would've been totally fine had she not mentioned any of these women, but somehow her giving exemples as to how she was treated like shit by the industry as a whole, you twist this into a racist issue and are like "oh poor white girl" or "this sounds about white", she expressed her feelings as a woman period, nothing to do with anyone's skin colour.

yes...? the whole point is that there was no need to mention those women at all, it felt shady and bitter. especially when the women she mentioned like Beyonce and Nicki have been dragged through hell for their lyrical content e.g. Beyonce threatening to be lynched because of her lyrics on Lemonade!

yes, lana has been dragged relentlessly, but not to the extent of being threatened to be lynched, so why compare the two? it's weird because lana mentioned them singing about "fucking" and "cheating" and then immediately went on to talk about how her lyrics are about "being in love" and "feeling beautiful" when lana's sung about fucking and cheating too. also, say so is a song about a crush and savage is about being self-confident so really none of those songs were about fucking or cheating... it just seems like a microaggression towards the women and it was totally unnecessary. it's clear that it wasn't lana's intention to be ignorant, but unfortunately she was.

I keep thinking about this article from 2014 that was prob the truest thing I've ever heard said about Lana: https://www.gigwise.com/photos/91560/

"Almost every interview with Del Rey includes at least one quote that you have to go back over three times because you think you must have misread it. You haven't. These quotes aren't arrogant or obnoxious - they're just... perplexing. Strange. Other-wordly. Never before has a woman so perfectly trod the line between profound and nonsensical."   :twirls:

(Then it talks about her iconic statement that women and tigers can't be in the same room  :lmao: )

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

why is she acting like the artists she quoted don't receive backlash on a daily basis (along with racism when it comes to Megan, Bey, Doja, Nicki etc..)?? Lana baby what is you doing

It's about backlash from writers, critics and other singers. Not backlash period. "I'm fed up with female writers and alt singers saying that I glamorize abuse". "Can I please go back to singing about being embodied..."  

She didn't get backlash for NFR because those critics and singers felt like she "got rid of the persona" as you can read in many articles. How she didn't write about anything controversial etc. etc. 

It's right there idk why people overread that line... 

wha- why is she acting like she’s oppressed NOW, in 2020, when her last three albums have been well received + half the artists she named have been through way more shit than she ever has. she’s worshipped by every sad girl/gay on the face of the earth and the critics have warmed up to her so what even is the point of this (also.. FEMALE writers? girl. the majority of people who criticized you were incel men who were mad you were having sex with people who weren’t them)

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

It’s quite ironic and slightly sad that this post which was made as a way for her to release her frustrations (no matter how poorly worded) has now turned into the witch hunt she’s been trying to avoid post 2012. I’d say it’s her own fault but she’ll use it as a way to further victimize herself. I still feel somewhat bad though.

It’s like SNL all over again. Trending on twitter being dragged left and right. Even the amount of ”Lana Del Ray” tweets i’m seeing is giving me flashbacks. In 2020. It’s actually crazy lmao

yes...? the whole point is that there was no need to mention those women at all, it felt shady and bitter. especially when the women she mentioned like Beyonce and Nicki have been dragged through hell for their lyrical content e.g. Beyonce threatening to be lynched because of her lyrics on Lemonade!

yes, lana has been dragged relentlessly, but not to the extent of being threatened to be lynched, so why compare the two? it's weird because lana mentioned them singing about "fucking" and "cheating" and then immediately went on to talk about how her lyrics are about "being in love" and "feeling beautiful" when lana's sung about fucking and cheating too. also, say so is a song about a crush and savage is about being self-confident so really none of those songs were about fucking or cheating... it just seems like a microaggression towards the women and it was totally unnecessary. it's clear that it wasn't lana's intention to be ignorant, but unfortunately she was.

I feel like what you're trying to do is putting a value or a level of intensity to someone's personal challenges/harships and then turn around and be like "Lana sweetie, even though your post was not about that, your hardship is not as valid or as important as this other woman's". Yes, it was pointless for her to namedrop anyone, but Lana legit thought about quitting it all almost ten years ago because of the way she was treated, and her seeing women feeling bold to express their views of feminism and womanhood, and being praised for it, probably irks her, because not so long ago she was being criticized and hated on for doing exactly that with her own lyrics and image.

Sad to hear about what both Beyoncé and Nicki went through seriously. I guess that with Beyoncé, like you said, she had the last laugh, Lemonade is considered to be a very important piece of artistry and she received very positive reviews and critical acclaim for its importance as a music and visual piece, but also as a monument for black culture as well.

Because at the end of the day what truly matters is the people that put you up, not try to put you down.

Thing is Lana has made some decent points. She shouldn't of dropped any names tho, that was fucking stupid. Lana what possessed you to include female POC, especially when they face even harsher criticism and issues with the music industry :rip: Christ even by mentioning them she was bound to get dragged.

If she mentioned Gaga, Madonna or Taylor Swift instead of ANY POC she would've had a better reception. Mainly BC y'know there white and as privileged as Lana is.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I haven’t seen the repercussions of her post yet (not saying there aren’t, just haven’t taken the time to investigate) but I think she’s right about the fact that She should be free to be who she wants to be. Now, I’m not saying that people should accept dangerous and toxic relationship. But why should she be making headlines for being anti-feminist just because she’s not the new, modern, independent type of Disney princess ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I haven’t seen the repercussions of her post yet (not saying there aren’t, just haven’t taken the time to investigate) but I think she’s right about the fact that She should be free to be who she wants to be. Now, I’m not saying that people should accept dangerous and toxic relationship. But why should she be making headlines for being anti-feminist just because she’s not the new, modern, independent type of Disney princess ?

I feel like the only repercussions will be Twitter users hating on her even more than they already did, and calling her problematic and shit. For us fans and John Q Public, and I might be wrong, this doesn't seem like it's going to affect her really. Just wait until someone "fucks up" on and for these same Twitter folks and re-start the "cancel" machine again, and they'll forget Lana even existed.

I feel like what you're trying to do is putting a value or a level of intensity to someone's personal challenges/harships and then turn around and be like "Lana sweetie, even though your post was not about that, your hardship is not as valid or as important as this other woman". Yes, it was pointless for her to namedrop anyone, but Lana legit thought about quitting it all almost ten years ago because of the way she was treated, and her seeing women feeling bold to express their views of feminism and womanhood, and being praised for it, probably irks her, because not so long ago she was being criticized and hated on for doing exactly that with her own lyrics and image.

Sad to hear about what both Beyoncé and Nicki went through seriously. I guess that with Beyoncé, like you said, she had the last laugh, Lemonade is considered to be a very important piece of artistry and she received very positive reviews and critical acclaim for its importance as a music and visual piece, but also as a monument for black culture as well.

Because at the end of the day what truly matters is the people that put you up, not try to put you down.

No, i'm stating a fact that the amount of criticism lana faced doesn't amount to what beyonce faced. Comparisons wouldn't have been made had Lana not mentioned them in the first place. EVERYONE would've supported lana's statement if she just made a post without mentioning them. as i've already said this was a huge accomplishment for BW for dominating the charts for the first time in over a decade, and then here comes Lana complaining about how the same never happened for her (yet the women weren't even singing about abusive relationships but singing about being sexy and having a crush???). If you can't accept that it was very tone-deaf then that's on you. 

I feel like the only repercussions will be Twitter users hating on her even more than they already did, and calling her problematic and shit. For us fans and John Q Public, and I might be wrong, this doesn't seem like it's going to affect her really. Just wait until someone "fucks up" on and for these same Twitter folks and re-start the "cancel" machine again, and they'll forget Lana even existed.

Not to mention Rain On Me is dropping tomorrow so all of what Lana said will be forgotten. Especially if it turns out to be a flop :lel:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

She’s a living legend

She’s been silent all of these years and finally said the truth

If you can’t read correctly i can give u my grandma glasses she’d be welcome

And now we’re gunna do nothing but waiting for the new two books and save our money for the new album merch

Couldn’t ask for more lol

:smile3:

You better stay away from twitter then. She's getting dragged by everyone there. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"