LDRO

Instagram Updates

The thing about LDR's family's wealth or lack thereof is this: it seems they were/are upper middle class, which means someone the family, or several in the family, is/are working to generate the income. They're not independently wealthy. A typical American upper middle class family is that of a 'successful' doctor, a lawyer or an engineer. The family own a very nice home, and maybe a second summer home; all the children are able to go to good colleges if they like and are accepted; the family belongs to a country club perhaps, one or two 'exotic' vacations a year are the norm for them, and, after 16 or 17, everyone has her or his own upscale vehicle. 

As someone else pointed out, that doesn't mean her family supported her financially partially, wholly, or at all. Often such parents want their children to learn and earn their own way in the world, as 'it builds character.' 

This, to me, seems to be the kind of family LDR comes from. If I'm correct, to her, it may not seem 'wealthy,' but then 'wealthy' is a relative term. If I'm right, then, they're not 'wealthy' in the sense that the family still has to generate that wealth, as I said, and there may still be fallow years or periods, and a fair amount of debt. Not everyone who looks like they have money actually does. 'Keeping Up Appearances' of middle class respectability has been a major part of American life. 

As we know, in America, at least since the late 19th century, there's always been a certain class resentment towards income inequality.

Many artists and creative people consider those who have relative or outright wealth to be automatically corrupt or at least 'tainted.' Three examples: Carl Sandburg's first book of poems, 'Chicago Poems,' is all about how everyone who is wealthy must be some sort of a malicious, uncaring bastard; in their marriage in the 1970s, James Taylor, whose own father was a successful doctor, held it against wife Carly Simon for 'coming from money,' as her father was Richard Simon, creator and owner of Simon & Schuster Publishing; and Bob Dylan has been probably the premier 20th century musician who, early in his own career, promoted the idea that no one who came from money could be a genuine artist or 'creatively pure,' a view that came right out of Dylan's predecessors in the folk music world, Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger.  

So the accusations and suspicions that LDR 'comes from wealth' and is therefore incapable of being a genuine artist are only to be expected, they're part of a long tradition of class warfare in the country and especially in the arts. 

While I agree with your guesswork, and I don't doubt that Lana believes she is telling her truth - her very own Spotify bio tells a different story: "Born as Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in New York City to a pair of wealthy parents..."  LOL.  I wouldn't be surprised if she'd never read her own bio before.  But that's pretty funny. 

That same Spotify bio also mentions her "crafting the Lana Del Rey persona."

She really needs to get her team on that.

26vMNDz.gif

While I agree with your guesswork, and I don't doubt that Lana believes she is telling her truth - her very own Spotify bio tells a different story: "Born as Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in New York City to a pair of wealthy parents..."  LOL.  I wouldn't be surprised if she'd never read her own bio before.  But that's pretty funny. 

That's really unfortunate that she doesn't seem to know about that. Wow haha

oh my god anne could have just responded to lana's tweets with that and it would have made things v awkward

oh my god anne could have just responded to lana's tweets with that and it would have made things v awkward

I'm not sure the intern at Spotify is a great source 

The following count continuing to drop. Someone find her a new hobby for quarantine :deadbanana:

she's just cleansing out the toxic and unnecessary energy  :illumilana:  a new era of lana del rey is upon us

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

anyone know how to find out who she's been unfollowing? her following keeps going down & I be nosy lololololol

i took a screen record video of her followers the other day but it was so long and boring i quit halfway through. i just compared both lists and it wasn’t anyone in the first half. i think there’s a website somewhere you can check but it’s only moving forward.

I've been thinking about what has happened and I've come to some conclusions.

1. This was bound to happen in some way or form but I never thought it would've been so nuclear. We've all known for sometime that she is a lot more uneducated than she think she is about issues such feminism,politics and well, generally how the world works outside her middle class bubble. Ethier some publication during an interview would've questioned her during an album cycle or not even bother and called her out regardless in an article. If we can see how shallow she is then surely others would have aswell. Lana just elected to make herself look like coco the cool instead and show how arrogant and ignorant she can be. So yeah this was written in the stars to happen sadly.

2. She's not a racist but as I've said before making a list that predominantly featured WOC was a stupid stupid thing to do BC people were bound to jump to that conclusion. She could've used examples of her own race with similar backgrounds or she shouldn't of said any names at all. Which would've resulted in an less harsher outcome.

3. I don't like how she promoted herself at the end of the statement. This just makes everything she said look like she is asking for attention for her upcoming projects. We know as her fans, that Lana is not like that but outside perception would not see it that way.

4. Lana describing other WOC artists music as being sexy,fucking, cheating while describing hers in an more eloquent manner was another thoughtless move.

5. The victim mentality was shocking. Yes she went through some awful experiences with the media however loads of women have before her in the industry and will sadly do so in the future. That fact she worded it that it made her look like she alone had only experienced such hellfire was questionable. Also she isn't the only or first artist to sing about abusive relationships, drugs etc and get called out for it. A good example of this would be her idol Amy Winehouse. The only difference being that back then Amy didn't have the internet/social media up her arse like Lana did so it wasn't so extreme or vocal.

6. I'm not not a feminist. This was bound to be misread, even I had to double take while I was reading the statement for the first time. She then proceeded to completely reveal she hasn't got a clue about feminism by saying we're in the third wave when we are clearly in the early stages of the fourth.

So before I end this Tedtalk I just want to make it very clear, unlike the good sis that I still do like her. I hope she finds it in her heart to educate herself better on certain subjects and to not be so bloody stubborn. She made some legitimately good points but I do feel after going over everything that she dose owe an apology of some sort or a better more clear headed, less heated response.

Also sorry if this was long :rip:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

nope today was normal thank god

I guess she already put out everything she had to.

Let's wait and see how this week's going to be, can't wait for updated on LDR7

original.gif