LDRO

Instagram Updates

Physical age has nothing to do with mental age or wisdom. Whenever someone older tries to use that in an argument its very telling and reflective of their mind.

I disagree. It has a lot to do with it. The brain doesn't fully develop until age 25. If you've lived through your late twenties, for example, you know what a transformative experience it is and what a difference maturity makes. Of course, some people never mature in the ways they are supposed to.

if she doesn't want to be tormented all her life, she needs to pick one: either she goes the lou reed route of openly hating critics & believing they serve no purpose whatsoever in art other than gatekeeping and/or spoon-feeding to the masses, so she just ignores and laughs at positive and negative reviews both, OR she has to accept that if she wants to play the music industry game she'll always get love, hate & everything in between bc different people will *always* interpret the same things differently, whether that be your music, your poetry, or yourself as a person/persona.

Damn. You summed it up perfectly. I think she's very unhappy trying to please everyone and I wish she'd just say 'fuck it.'

let me be who i'm meant to be

I don’t understand?hackers and clip costs?can someone translate better

Basically, what they're saying is that there's a rumour that the same hackers who hacked Gaga and other artists are threatening to leak some Lana's contractual information. Some of them include Disney controversy, clip costs and stuff like that.

I think it's bullshit lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I mean it's true though. How long has it taken for women to finally get some recognition? How long has it taken for women to finally say "you know what? I can be strong like a man too". 

Fragile femininity has always been the norm and has also been the most acceptable. 

That's not accurate or factual in 20th century and 21st century rock n' roll and pop music.

Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, Patti Smith, Anne Wilson of Heart, Suzi Quatro, Debbie Harry of Blondie, Pat Benatar, Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders, the Runaways, Joan Jett, Lene Lovich, Nico, all of these women kicked ass and didn't embody or hide behind a 'fragile femininity' persona, and we're talking well over 30 years go.

Joni Mitchell, in the 70s, was an undisputed master of various kinds of musical form, comparable only to Bob Dylan, and while she sang many 'sad' songs, her intelligence, objectivity, and criticism of the post-1960s 'hot tub and wife-swapping' lifestyle was unparalleled. Rickie Lee Jones didn't adopt any sort of 'fragile womanhood' pose either in the same era. She was 'street,' she was 'tough.' 

Listen to Heart's 'Devil Delight' and tell me Anne Wilson didn't kick major ass--her vocals are like a nuclear explosion. And Joplin, Slick, Smith, Harry and Wilson were the leaders, the powers behind, their bands. The Runaways were all tough women. Nico's 'Genghis Khan' from 1980 is one of the most blistering rock n' roll statements ever. When Carly Simon wrote and sang 'You're So Vain,' and conquered the world with that song, she didn't adopt a 'fragile' pose; quite the opposite. Likewise, Linda Ronstadt told off many a man with 'You're Not Good.' 

In the 80s, aggressive, domineering Annie Lennox was no wallflower by any means. Tori Amos has produced at least a dozen songs that challenge just about everything in Western culture, certainly the role of women, and she hasn't done it in a sheepish or mousy manner, and in interviews she's been quite abrasive. She came to conquer. And Courtney Love with Hole? And Kim Gordan with Sonic Youth? And Lady GaGa? These are 'victims' in some shape or form, or 'fragile women'? 

All of these women have said, "I'm strong like a man too," in the very least. 

That's not accurate or factual in 20th century and 21st century rock n' roll and pop music.

Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, Patti Smith, Anne Wilson of Heart, Suzi Quatro, Pat Benatar, the Runaways, Joan Jett, Lene Lovich, Nico, all of these women kicked ass and didn't embody or hide behind a 'fragile femininity' persona, and we're talking well over 30 years go.

Joni Mitchell, in the 70s, was an undisputed master of various kinds of musical form, comparable only to Bob Dylan, and while she sang many 'sad' songs, her intelligence, objectivity, and criticism of the post-1960s 'hot tub and wife-swapping' lifestyle was unparalleled. Rickie Lee Jones didn't adopt any sort of 'fragile womanhood' pose either in the same era. She was 'street,' she was 'tough.' 

Listen to Heart's 'Devil Delight' and tell me Anne Wilson didn't kick major ass--her vocals are like a nuclear explosion. And Joplin, Slick, Smith and Wilson were the leaders, the powers behind, their bands. The Runaways were all tough women. Nico's 'Genghis Khan' from 1980 is one of the most blistering rock n' roll statements ever. When Carly Simon wrote and sang 'You're So Vain,' and conquered the world with that song, she didn't adopt a 'fragile' pose; quite the opposite. Likewise, Linda Ronstadt told off many a man with 'You're Not Good.' 

In the 80s, aggressive, domineering Annie Lennox was no wallflower by any means. Tori Amos has produced at least a dozen songs that challenge just about everything in Western culture, certainly the role of women, and she hasn't done it in a sheepish or mousy manner, and in interviews she's been quite abrasive. She came to conquer. And Courtney Love with Hole? And Kim Gordan with Sonic Youth? And Lady GaGa? These are 'victims' in some shape or form, or 'fragile women'? 

All of these women have said, "I'm strong like a man too," in the very least. 

If you just consider the rock/jazz/pop era as another "classical" era (like the baroque/classical/romantic/modern), then the proportion of male/female memorable composers/performers is (much) closer to 50/50 than it has ever been. So feminists should take note of that in terms of a progress indicator. The only criteria for something being classical music is being remembered 100+ years down the road (lets say, e.g., the last Star Trek movie has a joke about that, but yeah, that really is the only criterion you can have). There is also the sticky issue about whether people in the future will be able to / willing to perform popular music "on original instruments" and be able to recapture idiosyncratic vocal styles, or will they just rely on recordings, which is relatively new to music.

But enough about that. I've always considered LDR to be more androgynous than people give her credit for. She also has that song, MAC, where she sings "I'm your man". I know it's a tribute to Leonard, but she's convincing to me.

what was her take?

Swedes have a weird take on feminism though. Like I think they just protested right wing Swedish men after one tried to stop a migrant from raping a woman at a party. The migrant killed him and continued to rape her. So I’m not totally sure I’d go to them for the definition of feminism, tbqh

also when do we think the first single is coming

With all that's happened recently and the album coming on September 5th? I honestly think that expecting a single within the next two weeks is not that far fetched.

I fully expect this era to be as if not more DIY than the NFR era. I can’t see her shooting big budget music videos with the current pandemic and I doubt she’ll do any interviews considering the reaction from an instagram post. I also expect critics to be harsher towards it too since she probably pissed them off.