sparklrtrailrheaven

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant?

• Kill Kill
    • Queen of the Gas Station
    • Oh Say Can You See
    • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
    • For K Part 2
    • Jump
    • Mermaid Motel
    • Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)
    • Pawn Shop Blues
    • Brite Lites
    • Put Me in a Movie (Little Girls)
    • Smarty
    • Yayo

MPncBK9.gif

happy birthday to my favorite album of all-time and the greatest album that was ever recorded <3 i will forever and always love and cherish AKA with all of my heart, AKA is just simply perfect to me in so many ways, i will probably never hear another album that i could possibly connect to the way i do with AKA, and i'm totally okay with that because i would never want to love any album more than i love AKA <3 i connect with AKA and the lizzy grant days in so many ways, i couldn't even go into it because i would be here all day if i did! i will love that period of time of her career and the wonderful music from it forever <3

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Happy birthday to the campiest album of all time! I will always love this album and it will always hold a special place in my heart :heart:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

Her best album, still unmatched! Every time I listen to it, it gets even better.

Happy birthday AKA!

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

Happy Birthday AKA! It's still crazy to me how she managed to capture such an exact, distinct world on this album - I think Queen of the Gas Station and Mermaid Motel encapsulate it best for me. They feel like a mix of watching a movie and taking a peek at a life path I could have taken, but didn't.

My favourite has to be one of: Gramma, Oh Say Can You See, Kill Kill or Pawn Shop Blues, but I love the whole album - it intrigues me every time I listen to it. If Lana ever decides to revisit it, whether it's a re-issue or she just talks about the process of the album, I will be first in line to listen. Endlessly fascinating.

all i want is to feel good

Happy birthday AKA, you may never have become the whole world's girl, but you're certainly ours :flutter: 

One day, maybe I can articulate everything this album means to me, but wow... hearing AKA for the first time felt like coming home, and it's been that and so much more to me over the years. A comfort (a book of hymns?), an escape (my personal motel party!!), and the closest I'll probably ever hear to my own heart and mind being poured out into an album. For someone who grew up in that "dark trailer park life," and dreamt then and now of a bigger, more beautiful existence waiting somewhere out there, AKA says it all. 

Wild child, starry-eyed junkie, Coney Island Madonna, sick chanteuse and philosopher femme fatale... Lizzy Grant, ur everything

o4qjp4j.png

The quality of this album is insane to me (and to many others apparently :wubna:), it sits right in my top 3 Lana albums with the 2nd spot <3 the vibe is absolutely unmatched, there's nothing like this kind of aesthetic and sound. I don't think there's anything I would change about it (although Mermaid Motel demo has an extra special place in my heart), its distinctive production and all the little quirks are what make it so fascinating. It always transports me to a whole different reality, sometimes dreamy and mysterious, other times it's sultry and cryptic. I can't really put my finger on how exactly it makes me feel - that's how elusive it is  :true:

Our beautiful, kitschy AKA world filled with streamers, neon lights and trashy motels :yesnod:

2 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Our beautiful, kitschy AKA world filled with streamers, neon lights and trashy motels :yesnod:

The world I wanna live in :byeh8rs3:

all i want is to feel good

happy birthday to you AKA!! this was truly the album that formed my earlier teen years and every song I will cherish forever (especially pawnshop and yayo), the sound of this album makes me so nostalgic thinking to the beautiful and destructive memories ive had whilst this soundtrack accompanied me. 14 YEARS!!!

ethel-cain-hayden.gif

Happy Birthday AKA:candy:

I love this album it always makes me think of rainy San Diego beaches at night time :flutter:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

this album is cold, early mornings with fog. this album is orange colored sunrises and grey afternoons. this album is hiding under blankets with a candle lit. this album is sleeping in until noon and staying up til the witching hour. this album is soft crushes and passionate romances. this album is cotton candy, coffee, and palm trees. this album is yellow, green, blue, and red; hot pink and black & white movies. this album is dead grass and rusty trailers. this album is

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

one of the albums of all time

2 hours ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Wild child, starry-eyed junkie, Coney Island Madonna, sick chanteuse and philosopher femme fatale... Lizzy Grant, ur everything

fucking said it all

rihKQ8M.gif