Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Remember when Lana said she wrote a different song for great gatsby, but they wanted Y&B instead, anyone have any good theories on what the other song was, if we have it? 

my brain says Old Money

it was Life Is Beautiful , in a rare interview with Lana (2012) she said that she was writing this song that was just what the producer and director wanted, apparently something happened and she kept it for another occasion and in The Age of Adaline they were going to use that song but there no more info about it. 

pd: the interview was posted by Say Yes To Heaven but he deleted it shortly after: https://soundcloud.com/sayyestoheaven

i will love you until the end of time.

"In the days leading up to the release, Del Rey released four fan made teaser images of songs from Paradise via twitter. These images included "American", "Body Electric", "Blue Velvet", and "Gods & Monsters"."

^^Where are these? Im fairy sure the Gods and Monsters one is this below, but I have never seen the others..

f4b14e803109d351206e117ab3fa36c9.jpg

It's my understanding that the album that would become Ultraviolence was completed by the time that Lana met Dan Auerbach and recorded the Ultraviolence album we currently have. Is my understanding of how it was recorded correct? And if so, does that mean that there's a completed Ultraviolence album (by complete, I mean "ready for retail release") from before she worked with Dan? Could we ever possibly hear what the pre-Dan Ultraviolence sounded like?

Most likely yes. It's speculated that the Radio Mix of West Coast is the Rick album version. I don't know if we'll ever hear them, but it's possible.

If those 5 Rick songs didn't leak and fix the problem with his websites security or w/e it was we'd probably have them by now :(

Remember when Lana said she wrote a different song for great gatsby, but they wanted Y&B instead, anyone have any good theories on what the other song was, if we have it? 

my brain says Old Money

I'm 200% sure it was Old Money or one of the other 2 tracks (Morricone and Piano Theme) that she had registered at the same time as Old Money! Way back when Y&B was released.

Have there been any photoshoots between October 2016 and now? 

Nope!

"In the days leading up to the release, Del Rey released four fan made teaser images of songs from Paradise via twitter. These images included "American", "Body Electric", "Blue Velvet", and "Gods & Monsters"."

^^Where are these? Im fairy sure the Gods and Monsters one is this below, but I have never seen the others..

Fairly certain they mean this? But not entirely sure, since I was not a fan then!

Most likely yes. It's speculated that the Radio Mix of West Coast is the Rick album version. I don't know if we'll ever hear them, but it's possible.

If those 5 Rick songs didn't leak and fix the problem with his websites security or w/e it was we'd probably have them by now :(

Don't forget that there is also a version of Money Power Glory that sounds like the Radio Mix also! (Supposedly.. which is what we found on a registering site)

At 1:27, what version of Young & Beautiful is that? It haunts my dreams and I need it!

A "jazz" version that has yet to see the light!

pd: the interview was posted by Say Yes To Heaven but he deleted it shortly after: https://soundcloud.com/sayyestoheaven

It was on my Instagram not my SoundCloud :P (under the same name tho!) and I've actually uploaded it to YouTube! 

(15:19-15:55)

I don't think she meant it for The Great Gatsby since the description she gives of the song doesn't seem to fit the movie that much, but she could've been lying a tad just so she wouldn't be in trouble for saying that. The movie had to have been somewhat completed also since she saw scenes with her song, so TGG is a good candidate for that theory!

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

American

A64XaIqCQAEoxLu.jpg

Body Electric

A6_LxFoCUAAb2bn.jpg

Blue Velvet

A7H6t-1CMAEbU7H.jpg

And the Gods & Monsters one you have is correct

So this might be nothing, but your post really got me thinking. So I decided to google 'I knew lizzy grant in boarding school' thinking I wouldn't find anything probably- I was wrong. It's nothing big, but from what I read this person says they knew lana in boarding school. They are dishing anything big and it sounds sincere

"Who would have thought the girl who used to sign around DH dorm would one day be on SNL."

Can anyone tell me what that means?

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.peppermintbliss.com/2012/01/its-you-its-you-its-all-for-you/

wish i screenshotted this 

VyIsfwC.jpg

"Lana Del Rey has nine songs written for her next album, titled Honeymoon -- four of which "the production is perfect; I'm looking for a few more songs to tie everything together."

Do we have any idea what these nine songs written, and four songs "perfect" are? Or better yet any kind of indication of recording dates for Honeymoon?

"Lana Del Rey has nine songs written for her next album, titled Honeymoon -- four of which "the production is perfect; I'm looking for a few more songs to tie everything together."

Do we have any idea what these nine songs written, and four songs "perfect" are? Or better yet any kind of indication of recording dates for Honeymoon?

These 9 songs are probably Honeymoon, MTWBT, TLY, GKIT, Religion, Salvatore, TBD, 24 and Swan Song.

HBTB aas recorded as last song and I remember reading somewhere that Lana felt that she had to put some trap songs on HM, so I guess these 3 weren't recorded at the time.

Burnt Norton and DLMBM I guess were not recorded either at the time since BN leads from the trap songs back to Religion and DLMBM is a cover.

image.png