Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Now the time has come again to talk about old albums.

Dear Lana, put this little fanbase out of their misery and just post on Instagram if the new album in November is true or not. 

Thx in advance

That moment when she dedicates her time to post both on Twitter and Instagram about a haircut (she has not done) yet she ignores a situation like this. :toofunny:

giphy.gif

If the album is going to drop as a surprise, why the fuck would anyone want Lana or HER management to leak that fact, when it could be the cause ilke last time

of only hitting #2 and not #1

I would suggest anyone suggesting that is looking to sabatoge her career and does not have the best interest of her.

and Honeymoon is not a love story but a dissertation on fame and the battle between Ms. Grant and Ms. Rey, so Honeymoon

would be the dead of winter, of which the next chapter would be after that

(and to a NYer, California is the cliché for Sunshine all year long.

btw, interesting is, the new rules for the Billboard chart that start with the brand new 11/5 issue (as that issue marks the start of the 2017 year on the charts for billboard,

and is normally when they alter the rules for the different charts

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

whatever happens i hope she releases it in late november so people can buy a copy for themselves and also as a holiday gift for friends etc like if non stans are out here buying two copies PLUS whatever we can bring to the table... queen of sales

UbsOye5.png

Why is no one mentioning how amazing The Paradise Edition is or what season it belongs to? :uh: 

Anyway, Honeymoon in my opinion is like a leap year. Its an album so rare that it only happens every four years and I never want it to happen again. I need the new album or a single in November! :pray2:

Why is no one mentioning how amazing The Paradise Edition is or what season it belongs to? :uh: 

Anyway, Honeymoon in my opinion is like a leap year. Its an album so rare that it only happens every four years and I never want it to happen again. I need the new album or a single in November! :pray2:

Paradise gives me "It's November while the leaves are falling and it's chilly outside" season

I completely agree with you and I realized that it was the same story after starting to hear her albums over and over again :toofunny: . It's just that I noticed a little change in Honeymoon. Like, in the first part of the album, she is telling how her life is now and after the Burnt Norton, she relives her past. So she changed a little the way the story is counted, which means that she noticed that people would like to hear new stories, right? But there is a problem that we can see in a line present in God Knows I Tried, which is the song that I think it most shows her present:

"I've got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame"

Here, how she will count new stories without new experiences? This takes me to something that you said that I agree the most: she needs to take her time. I secretly even want her to take a really long pause, like 4 years (please guys, don't kill me :creep: ). It hurts to wait, but the fans can get an amazing album and she would be satisfied with the result. Look to Born to Die, I don't know how many years she spent making this album, but the result was really good, right? 

She's still young and beautiful (plus rich  :oopna: ) after all. She can travel, meet new people, write a million songs to inspire and take her to different directions, etc. Honeymoon may be a start of something new, but only if she keeps going in the direction she took. Like I said in others occasions, she needs to choose if she will get out of her comfort zone for the sake of her career and even for her own personal life, or if she will continue to self destruct (I didn't want to use this, but it was what most expressed).

Oh! And I also see her albums like books sometimes.  :)

I kind of think you're wrong about Honeymoon. I think the album was about what she was watching, people she watched while in LA. If you listen to the lyrics and think about her singing about some people in a city, not to them but about them, it makes a LOT more sense. It also explains the city tour bus on the cover of the album. And it also gives a reason why she literally has a song called Music To Watch Boys To on the album. Also, that's why TLY is called that, titled with YOU, not me, but you.

PNoV6l.gif

@joker response 291

I disagree

Elizabeth vs. Lana

battle for the soul of Ms. Grant

stardom vs. life without being stalked

Boys=a music term referencing the players in a band, (studio musicians, band) who play behind the voice (Lana, Ms. Grant)

Lana has always said she wants a collective songwriters/singer  much like was done in the 1960s, and is done by songwriters and studio musicians in Nashville and Los Angeles

(see:The Wrecking Crew), so much like someone similar to Lana,  the legendary Brian Wilson.

Where the point is not touring, not publicity, not promo, but in the creation of each gem. The process itself (much like Brian Wilson for decades stopped touring altogether and let the others tour without him, and much like the legendary part of the Beatles, they stopped touring and only created in the studio with what were the first videos ever.

(and where some fans of the Beatles wanted them to revert to the early Beatles, even though they became immortal due to the 2nd half of their short existence together.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

So I just listened to samples of a Wurly piano on youtube and I don't know how it could fit into Lanas music. Like, she's never used that sound before has she? Link:

It sounds verrryyy vintage, psychedelic 60s Woodstock.

Kill Kill?? :omfg2: