Jack

Melanie Martinez

You had me until a whole new world?

If anything I think she'd cover Alice in Wonderland's In A World of My Own. 

Love the rest tho. Definitely something I could have seen being her second album if not k-12 

Also, what would be the sampled part from Belle you imagined?

I always thought they would remake the movie so it would fit perfectly for a soundtrack. Well my mind was so ahead of its time that ZAYN and Zhavia did a revamped cover and i dont think it was that bad

I cant remember how i pictured the songs but i think i thought she could sample the "Little town, it's a quiet village, Ev'ry day like the one before, Little town full of little people, Waking up to say" in a weird grim-y way, similar to what she did in Wheels on the Bus.

i can't stop listening.... this is so good, i don't have enough words to describe how much i love it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I definitely don't think she's a millionaire, she only has one album and it wasn't a commercial hit like SZA. She probably used whatever was left of the Crybaby funds from sales and touring and whatever else and I'm sure her label funded a lot

I definitely don't think she's a millionaire, she only has one album and it wasn't a commercial hit like SZA. She probably used whatever was left of the Crybaby funds from sales and touring and whatever else and I'm sure her label funded a lot

She definitely is a millionaire. To put it in perspective, Marina said she became a millionaire by 25 and that was TFJ era, which doesn't come close to the success Melanie archived with Cry Baby.

自由になる自由がある

her house is a mansion and she literally has heart shaped pools in her backyard

And every song on Crybaby was Gold or platinum certified and the album sold over a long time + touring but her bank account def. must have taken a hit with this long absence. 

She definitely is a millionaire. To put it in perspective, Marina said she became a millionaire by 25 and that was TFJ era, which doesn't come close to the success Melanie archived with Cry Baby.

I knew she was rich but a millionaire with TFJ? whew...

i am literally obsessed with this album. I hate listening to leaks but I couldn’t stop myself. Teachers Pet is so f*cking good. I love High School Sweethearts as well. My least favorite is probably Show & Tell. Doesn’t flow as easily as the others but still a good bop when I’m feeling angsty against the world.

So I think the album sounds more mature in production. But the choruses don't- most are repetitive, some relying on vocal distortion to sound more interesting. Crybabys choruses were amazing in catchiness and lyrical content so I'm not sure what happened here. It's like she had such a strong vision in mind with K-12 and the movie that she was afraid to tease out the choruses more? I guess we'll see once it all matches up with movie clips. 

The album themes do get a bit darker as she described, but not by much. Orange Juice is the one that comes to mind. But I think crybaby touched on a lot of dark topics in several songs, and a broader range.

I also remember her saying she was experimenting with vintage toy sounds. Besides wheels on the bus, where are these? I didn't hear them. 

But I'm still so excited for the movie and I have no doubt that my best friend coming to see it with me, who is not yet a fan of Mel, is going to fall hard and absolutely love it. I already converted her to be a Lana stan after thinking all her songs sound the same

So I think the album sounds more mature in production. But the choruses don't- most are repetitive, some relying on vocal distortion to sound more interesting. Crybabys choruses were amazing in catchiness and lyrical content so I'm not sure what happened here. It's like she had such a strong vision in mind with K-12 and the movie that she was afraid to tease out the choruses more? I guess we'll see once it all matches up with movie clips. 

The album themes do get a bit darker as she described, but not by much. Orange Juice is the one that comes to mind. But I think crybaby touched on a lot of dark topics in several songs, and a broader range.

I also remember her saying she was experimenting with vintage toy sounds. Besides wheels on the bus, where are these? I didn't hear them. 

But I'm still so excited for the movie and I have no doubt that my best friend coming to see it with me, who is not yet a fan of Mel, is going to fall hard and absolutely love it. I already converted her to be a Lana stan after thinking all her songs sound the same

Yep you nailed it

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i really do like this album but i agree that Cry Baby was stronger. 

this album suffers from repetitiveness not only in a few songs but just.... as a whole? it's like every single song has the same tempo there's no variation so i feel like the album all kind of blends together? i get show and tell stuck in my head but then realize i start singing something else halfway through the chorus. idk maybe it's just me

9ISvyf0.gif

i really love the way she incorporated her feelings about her life after becoming famous into the stories of cry baby in school. like in show & tell when she talks about people taking pictures of her when she doesn't want to, i really feel like this album is a bit more personal than cry baby. and yeah, maybe it is a bit repetitive but i don't really mind. i'm so hooked and i am also a big fan of vocal distortions so... yeah, i stan very hard.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I have it on good authority that she has a massive pink Victorian home in Sherman Oaks that is done up inside and out with her dollhouse aesthetic.

Ugh I fucking love her house it’s so beautiful, every time I see it on her ig stories I get so jealous